History of NHL Trophies

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
hockey reference has the full voting history by year for each award

NHL & WHA Awards and Honors | Hockey-Reference.com

clicking on the award name gives you the list of winners by year. In that list, click on the year and you'll get the full list of players and full voting results for all trophies that year.

ex) 2017-18 NHL Awards Voting | Hockey-Reference.com

1) We have the same data on this very board. Check out the sticky. Apparently Hockey Reference even copied the data from us.

2) I don't think the OP is asking for voting results. It apprars he's looking for the history of the trophies and how and why the voting format changed over time.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
2) I don't think the OP is asking for voting results. It apprars he's looking for the history of the trophies and how and why the voting format changed over time.

Bingo.

And other question that jumped out. Is there any financial bonus joined? Sure, by contract negotiations they could use this as a strong point. But is there some reward direct from NHL. Or from sponsors?

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Re: bonuses. Part of entry-level contracts (and other, less frequent scenarios):

http://users.jyu.fi/~olalpeka/NHL/ELC

Bonus for any trophy, not to exceed $250,000.

I don't recall if there's a cash prize for winning the Hart or other awards, like there is for advancing in the playoffs, etc.

I know there used to be. Like really small amounts. 20k, 10k, 5k, etc. depending on placement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad