History in the making (potentially)

chirrrs

Jun 3, 2013
Rockwall, TX
If both Dallas and Tampa Bay win their Game 5s, it will be the first all-Sun Belt Cup Final in NHL history.

Ironically it will take place in Canada.

I guess to add further irony, it would confirm what the Sun Belt haters have always said and be the lowest attended Finals ever. A record that would never be broken!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The good joke to have made would have been, with higher attendance than a florida panthers game

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
It would beat out the Colorado vs Florida Stanley Cup final, by measure of average sunshine hours.

Oddly enough, it would not. Miami and Denver are 10th and 12th in sunshine hours per year among North American cities. They combine for 6260 hours of sunshine per year. Tampa and Dallas are 21st and 25th, combining for 5776.2 hours of sunshine per year.

And, even stranger, the Colorado/Miami series lost the record a couple years ago, because Vegas and Washington, DC combine for 6353 hours of sunshine per year.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Oddly enough, it would not. Miami and Denver are 10th and 12th in sunshine hours per year among North American cities. They combine for 6260 hours of sunshine per year. Tampa and Dallas are 21st and 25th, combining for 5776.2 hours of sunshine per year.

And, even stranger, the Colorado/Miami series lost the record a couple years ago, because Vegas and Washington, DC combine for 6353 hours of sunshine per year.

I was thinking of Vegas/Tampa, forgot the OP specified Dallas. I suppose Vegas + almost any city could set the record.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I was thinking of Vegas/Tampa, forgot the OP specified Dallas. I suppose Vegas + almost any city could set the record.

Vegas + DC is currently the record.

Only Arizona gets more sun than Vegas in the West. Tampa, Miami, Raliegh, Boston and NYC get more sun than DC.

So, there's some options to improve on the record, but not many.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Is Vegas considered Sun Belt?
Jury is still out.
death-valley-national-park-welcome-sign-jason-o-watson.jpg

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->