Historic moment replayed tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
For those who have ESPN Classic Canada, they are showing the final game played at the Montreal Forum tonight. (Broadcast started at 7:30 p.m. EST. Repeats will be shown tomorrow at 12:30 and 7:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m., all times EST).

If you get the station, watch it. The final game at the greatest stadium in hockey history. Three moments stick out in my mind: Roger Doucet's final rendition of the national anthems, Paul Romaniuk's call in the final few seconds, and the ovation for Maurice "Rocket" Richard during the closing ceremony. (Maybe the greatest, most thunderous ovation for a player that I've ever heard in any sport).

I've watched this game several times, and I still get goosebumps.

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
God Bless Canada said:
For those who have ESPN Classic Canada, they are showing the final game played at the Montreal Forum tonight. (Broadcast started at 7:30 p.m. EST. Repeats will be shown tomorrow at 12:30 and 7:30 a.m., and 1:30 p.m., all times EST).

If you get the station, watch it. The final game at the greatest stadium in hockey history. Three moments stick out in my mind: Roger Doucet's final rendition of the national anthems, Paul Romaniuk's call in the final few seconds, and the ovation for Maurice "Rocket" Richard during the closing ceremony. (Maybe the greatest, most thunderous ovation for a player that I've ever heard in any sport).

I've watched this game several times, and I still get goosebumps.
Romaniuk ? I guess CBC and TSN both did broadcasts ? The reason I ask is that I remember the CBC guy, Cuthbert I believe surrendering the mike to Dick Irvin for the final moments of the game. It caught Irvin by surprise and was a very classy gesture.

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
mcphee said:
Romaniuk ? I guess CBC and TSN both did broadcasts ? The reason I ask is that I remember the CBC guy, Cuthbert I believe surrendering the mike to Dick Irvin for the final moments of the game. It caught Irvin by surprise and was a very classy gesture.

I remember watching the game on TSN. Maybe CBC only showed the game in PQ? :dunno:

I vividly remember the game, and like most, it was the ovation that the Rocket got that really stands out for me. Actually the whole closing ceremony was such an amazing thing to watch. Using the passing of the torch from Captain to captain was such a briliant move.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I remember watching this on ESPN. In the midst of the post-game parade of captains and hall-of-famers, ESPN cut out to join motocross or something. Man, sometimes I wish I lived in Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad