EP
ME
Nico
Makar
I suppose Patrick, but I don't think he's going to be top 5 much longer

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
How on Earth Makar is ahead of Hischier for 100+ votes is beyond me, luckily it seems the poll has him below Nico

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Makar is quickly becoming greatly overrated on these boards. Every other player in this poll has proven more than he has at this point. I understand potential and all that but there's no way he's a first overall talent at this point let alone better than Heiskanen.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
How someone can pick Makar over Heiskanen is beyond me.

Heiskanen is playing like a #1 D in Dallas in the playoffs at 19 years old.

He played 32 minutes yesterday. He averages 26 mins per game. I mean, c'mon.
Tbf Makar is playing pretty damn amazing himself. I'll give it to Heiskanen myself but Makar has shown that he has the skill to surpass him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How someone can pick Makar over Heiskanen is beyond me.

Heiskanen is playing like a #1 D in Dallas in the playoffs at 19 years old.

He played 32 minutes yesterday. He averages 26 mins per game. I mean, c'mon.

Because they think Makar has even more talent and will reach a higher peak once both are in their primes? Or is this another thread where we pretend that development is linear & uniform?

PS - I still tip towards Miro, but to many people Cale has always had the higher reachable-upside.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Makar is quickly becoming greatly overrated on these boards. Every other player in this poll has proven more than he has at this point. I understand potential and all that but there's no way he's a first overall talent at this point let alone better than Heiskanen.

Talent & being-proven are two entirely unrelated concepts.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Have you seen him play? Most Avs fans were more excited about Makar than Hughes even before the lottery.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
Heiskanen.
didn't know anything about him since the playoffs started...
not gonna lie... he's pretty awesome
this ain't no weak draft like people said... look at where Elias was drafted...

and people trashing Nolan... Keep in mind Couture was off to a slow start...

Last edited:
Reactions: Dialamo

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Have you seen him play? Most Avs fans were more excited about Makar than Hughes even before the lottery.
Yes I have and he has tremendous talent, but he has not played enough games for me to place him 1st overall in a re-draft. I think when all is said and done though he will be a top-3 talent from his draft class.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Yes I have and he has tremendous talent, but he has not played enough games for me to place him 1st overall in a re-draft. I think when all is said and done though he will be a top-3 talent from his draft class.

Why can't people project? Otherwise what is the fun in this kind of poll? It is who you would pick in order in a redraft so why can't we foresee that the future of Makar is better than others just because he has only played 3 playoff games? Of course all 4 others have a more proven body of work. That is 100 percent obvious. Those that have watched Makar play in college and in the playoffs can see his obvious talents.

If going by just what all have accomplished so far then it would have to be EP or Heiskenen then Hischier, Patrick and last Makar.

Petterson and Heiskenen also have immense upsides, but IMO Cale can be even better. Admittedly I do have a bit of bias because to me his personality is great too. Kid seems down to earth, genuine, fun and very humble. Charisma can go a long way.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why can't people project? Otherwise what is the fun in this kind of poll? It is who you would pick in order in a redraft so why can't we foresee that the future of Makar is better than others just because he has only played 3 playoff games? Of course all 4 others have a more proven body of work. That is 100 percent obvious. Those that have watched Makar play in college and in the playoffs can see his obvious talents.

If going by just what all have accomplished so far then it would have to be EP or Heiskenen then Hischier, Patrick and last Makar.

Petterson and Heiskenen also have immense upsides, but IMO Cale can be even better. Admittedly I do have a bit of bias because to me his personality is great too. Kid seems down to earth, genuine, fun and very humble. Charisma can go a long way.
Yeah in no way am I trying to downplay the kid at all, I just think its early for such huge praise. I think he has the talent to be a top defenceman in the league though.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Why do a redraft than if you can't rank them as you see them? If you're saying that it's premature than fine. But if it's an oppinion poll than I'm not sure where your issues lie.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Makar
Heiskanen
Pettersson
Hischier
Patrick

Just you wait a couple years for CM and MH to get even more comfortable in the NHL. They'll be the runaway #1 and #2 in the draft.
So you have Heiskanen over Makar? I am an Avs fan too, but Makar is not close to Miro at the moment. Heiskanen is the clear #1 D-man for Dallas over the likes of Klingberg and Heiskanen, Makar is just right now proving himself on the NHL level for us.

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Why do a redraft than if you can't rank them as you see them? If you're saying that it's premature than fine. But if it's an oppinion poll than I'm not sure where your issues lie.
See my reply 2 posts up from yours.

FinnishSniper

May 8, 2016
Finland
Because they think Makar has even more talent and will reach a higher peak once both are in their primes? Or is this another thread where we pretend that development is linear & uniform?

PS - I still tip towards Miro, but to many people Cale has always had the higher reachable-upside.
I’d say Makar could become a 60-70 point PP QB with good D-game. Heiskanen though will compete with Dahlin for Norris though. Incredible defender, PK player with great ability to move the puck. Most likely a 50-60 point D-man for most of his career.

Both will be the future of the league with Dahlin!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->