mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
Who do you take going forward?

Hischier

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Kotkaniemi

[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Both playing in the NHL in their D+1 as an 18 year old - both great young players but who will be better?

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
Hischier. In his prime I see Datsyuk-light in him with less flash and a bit worse defense

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Hischier actually had a top 20 alltime season for 18 yr olds in the history of the league. If you account for high scoring eras, he may have had a top 10 season alltime for 18 yr olds.

18-Year Old NHL Players - Regular Season Stats

I’d love to say Kotka here, and feel he is tracking to be a very good #1C himself with his own impressive 18 yr old season, but I have to give the edge to Hischier on this one.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
I like Kotka, but this really is a "everything Kotka has done Nico has done better" situation.

Edit:
Before people start claiming Nico benefits from playing with Hall it should be pointed out that since Hall's been injured Nico has further elevated his play and is producing at a 30+ Goal 65 point pace while carrying a pretty mediocre 1st line.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I like Kotka, but this really is a "everything Kotka has done Nico has done better" situation.

Edit:
Before people start claiming Nico benefits from playing with Hall it should be pointed out that since Hall's been injured Nico has further elevated his play and is producing at a 30+ Goal 65 point pace while carrying a pretty mediocre 1st line.

Kotkanemi is getting 3rd line minutes with 3rd liners, you can't compare them.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
Kotkanemi is getting 3rd line minutes with 3rd liners, you can't compare them.

So by that logic guys like Bjugstad could easily be better than Crosby and Malkin...if only they got 1st line minutes. Nico is producing on one of the worst teams in the league playing with illustrious 1st liners Kyle Palmieri (who is a decent 1st liner) and Marcus Johansson (who is a 3rd line player). Put Kotka in Nico's situation and I doubt his production is anywhere near Nico's.

Edit: To be honest considering skill, production and deployment a Kotka vs Nolan Patrick poll would make much more sense. Nico is just in a tier above.

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
So by that logic guys like Bjugstad could easily be better than Crosby and Malkin...if only they got 1st line minutes. Nico is producing on one of the worst teams in the league playing with illustrious 1st liners Kyle Palmieri (who is a decent 1st liner) and Marcus Johansson (who is a 3rd line player). Put Kotka in Nico's situation and I doubt his production is anywhere near Nico's.

Like I said we can't compare, because we need to see Kotkaniemi in the same situation as Nico, before reaching a conclusion. I never said what you imply.

Nick Slafkofield

Nov 5, 2018

Edit: To be honest considering skill, production and deployment a Kotka vs Nolan Patrick poll would make much more sense. Nico is just in a tier above.
There was a poll kotka vs Patrick and kotka won easily

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
To be honest considering skill, production and deployment a Kotka vs Nolan Patrick poll would make much more sense. Nico is just in a tier above.

Nolan was 19 year old the whole season last year.
Kotkaniemi won't turn 19 until July

CP4

May 13, 2018
Victoria, BC
Yes every Canadian Teams draft pick is better then Hischier.

First Vancouver fans now Montreal.:thumbd:
This is a just a poll and Hischier is winning by quite a fair margin. On top of that most replies have chosen Hischier as well. Everyone's not out to get you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad