U20: Hischier vs Kaprizov

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kaprizov is better right now. I think Hischier will be better long term but it'll be close, but both will be pretty special. Would take either in a heartbeat if I could.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Kaprizov is better right now. I think Hischier will be better long term but it'll be close, but both will be pretty special. Would take either in a heartbeat if I could.

This. Hischier is 2 years younger, both phenomenal players. The Wild got a good one in Kaprizov, 5th round pick. He's putting up some good numbers in the KHL this year.

What do you guys think, Hischier should be a lock for a top 3 pick? Any chance he pushes for #1 on anyones list?

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
This. Hischier is 2 years younger, both phenomenal players. The Wild got a good one in Kaprizov, 5th round pick. He's putting up some good numbers in the KHL this year.

What do you guys think, Hischier should be a lock for a top 3 pick? Any chance he pushes for #1 on anyones list?

About 1.5 ppg at WJC, participation at WC in may with good points and he will have "Laine effect", but his opponents are weaker than Matthews. That is why I think that he has good chances

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
About 1.5 ppg at WJC, participation at WC in may with good points and he will have "Laine effect", but his opponents are weaker than Matthews. That is why I think that he has good chances

With Patrick out, Liljegren getting mono/Dahlin stealing the spotlight, Hischier has a chance to climb the rankings. He's been fantastic during the WJC and exhibition games.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
How can you compare two players that have 2 years difference ... and at the 17-19 level ?? Hishier is just going to add might, experience ... everything during 2 years.

Not saying that Kaprizov is not good ... just questioning the thread ... compare pear to pear, apple to apple.

It is obvious that Hischier will be better in 2 years ... his ceilling is way higher.

Where i grant something to this thread is that Hischier doesn't seem discomforted or suffering of his lack of power (due to age) ... therefore he may not benefit of increased power in the years to come as much as if he was clearly disadvantaged.

FrodoBeggins

Jun 26, 2016
Kerch
I'm a little distrust of the players from the QMJHL, but the Swiss has a very good prospects. Wrong to compare players with a difference of 2 years

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How can you compare two players that have 2 years difference ... and at the 17-19 level ?? Hishier is just going to add might, experience ... everything during 2 years.

Not saying that Kaprizov is not good ... just questioning the thread ... compare pear to pear, apple to apple.

It is obvious that Hischier will be better in 2 years ... his ceilling is way higher.

Where i grant something to this thread is that Hischier doesn't seem discomforted or suffering of his lack of power (due to age) ... therefore he may not benefit of increased power in the years to come as much as if he was clearly disadvantaged.

Lol, Kaprizov is playing on par with guys like Panarin and Tarasenko in the KHL. So Hischier is going to be way better than all these guys? Then he's a future superstar, no less. Probably even a generational talent.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->