Injury Report: Hinostroza is Week to Week - Raanta out Indefinitely as of 12/9

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Keep OEL. We need more stars, not fewer.

The only way an OEL deal makes sense if if we're confident of Chychrun taking over 1D duties and we get back a piece like Draisaitl.

Reactions: cobra427 and hbk

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

The only way an OEL deal makes sense if if we're confident of Chychrun taking over 1D duties and we get back a piece like Draisaitl.
It just might be time to consider that OEL just might not be a "star"?? He's a good player but It's been awhile since I would say great.

Reactions: MIG

CLW

Nov 11, 2018
That's sort of my problem with nearly everything going on with this team right now. They seem to be going out of their way to try and be marginally better when they aren't a legitimate playoff threat.

I always had this pegged as another development year. Seems everyone in the org disagrees. I think that's kinda crazy.

I agree completely. Chayka is busy rearranging chairs on the deck of Titanic rather than bite the bullet and go for more genuine talent through the draft. These injuries are most likely a blessing in disguise. This franchise needs franchise talent. Until it gets that pretending to shoot for the playoffs is just window dressing. I've been away for almost 20 years of Coyotes hockey and I return to exactly the same kind of mediocrity I left. What's the point? Time to do the job properly and that includes owners and arena.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Oh well. It was close to being a competitive season but it honestly never really felt right. We should fire Chayka and Tocchet and trade OEL and everyone older than OEL and move this bitch to Houston.

RABBIT

My Yearly Sponsorship has relocated to Houston
Oct 21, 2008
“Ted’s dead baby. TEDs Dead”
Oh well. It was close to being a competitive season but it honestly never really felt right. We should fire Chayka and Tocchet and trade OEL and everyone older than OEL and move this ***** to Houston.

I know this news sucks but the fact that we've had some positive tidbits of information about a potential sale accompanying a new arena makes this statement curious to me.

If we finalize a deal in the next month or so, we could lose out the rest of the season for all I care. I would be a happy Coyotes fan.

teddyli

Feb 4, 2018

I agree. 1C and 1D are two positions that are so valuable that you don't trade them away unless you get pieces of great value back&another prospect or player can emerge to take that duty.

Reactions: Jakey53

Lilhoody

Nov 25, 2016
Peoria, AZ
I agree w/ @Mosby. RT's comments made me believe Raanta had a sport hernia. 12 weeks + return; might as well hang it up for the season, if that's the injury and the time line.

As for OEL, it's no secret I'm not a fan. I feel like this board is more forgiving of him than they would be if he landed here via trade or FA. I'm all in on trading him.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Hope might have to come from the UFA market. There doesn't seem to be much offense coming down the pipeline.

I had high hopes for Merkley this past summer. It faded when I realized he wouldn't be back anytime soon. Now that Strome's been traded I don't think Merkley has any future with this org. He's a playmaker that slows down the game, and Tocchet won't work with that.

Who said RT will be here next year?

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
This is kind of amazing that one organization can have such bad luck....I blame myself .. I am the bad luck guy..

I dont think we should fire Chayka , I think for the most part he has made good trades... The only one I condemn is the Domi one.. I did right from the start.. I like the move to bring Gally here , but not at the expense of Domi.

I think he will continue to make trades that improve our team... but man the draft.... the injuries , the development of our kids... It seems we can only develop defenseman ... we can never seem to get those point/per game forwards...

The Strome pick was horrible ....lots of us said it right from the start ... I wanted Marner. I really wanted to like Strome. I dont want us to ever again draft someone where the consensus is " you dont notice him but at the end of the night he had 3 points " I just dont think that will cut it in the NHL.

We had better not go off the board this year.... if there is a potential 40 g winger available , we had better not draft the defensive center.

I absolutely hate hearing our coach after a loss saying " well they have a very skilled team" This dates back with Tippett .. why cant we ever have the skilled team.? Very depressing.

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
One thing is clear here. Our team doctors are incompetent. I thought Chayka replaced them? How many times is someone day to day but then misses like two months. They must've attended Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.

Reactions: CC96 and _Del_

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
One thing is clear here. Our team doctors are incompetent. I thought Chayka replaced them? How many times is someone day to day but then misses like two months. They must've attended Hollywood Upstairs Medical College.
Not sure if that is the case or not, but you can't blame them for Chychrun, Demers, Grabner,Hino's and Dvo's injuries. It's hockey, injuries happen, but in the case of Raanta, I would start to look at what the doctors are doing, but not having any inside info it's hard to blame the doctors. Very frustrating though.

Reactions: Name Nameless

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Not sure if that is the case or not, but you can't blame them for Chychrun, Demers, Grabner,Hino's and Dvo's injuries. It's hockey, injuries happen, but in the case of Raanta, I would start to look at what the doctors are doing, but not having any inside info it's hard to blame the doctors. Very frustrating though.
Raanta has never played a starters load, I have been saying it since the beginning of last year. its hard to be a high level workhorse in the NHL, he might be like Hanzal, good when he plays but a play away from being out for a while.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Raanta thing tips the scales for me. There are always freak injuries, but we obviously dropped the ball on Raanta. Makes you wonder if our "overhaul" to the med staff means we have too much inexperience on staff. Also makes me look at the Dvorak thing with squinty eyes where before I'd be willing to say it was just "bad luck"

AZviaNJ

Setbacks, no Defeats
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Raanta has never played a starters load, I have been saying it since the beginning of last year. its hard to be a high level workhorse in the NHL, he might be like Hanzal, good when he plays but a play away from being out for a while.
You have....Raanta career high for games is 47 (last season) and 30 is the next highest total. He can't be considered an NHL starting goalie until he logs 55+ games.

Reactions: cobra427

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
So contract wise, is insurance picking up Demers, Raanta and Dvo?

Doesn’t this open up some spending money for a trade? We are still in this thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->