OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I mean I think this is the year to go all out tbh... haven’t had a team this good in a long time

I kind of get why the don't want to move anything off the roster, as they're kind of set-up for a 2 year window. That being said, obviously they haven't been this good in a very (very) long time, so they should move whatever it takes (as far as picks anyways) to load up for this year.

They actually have two OA spots, so they should make a point to fill those spots at the deadline.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
67's did make a trade today with Oshawa
TRADE:
To Oshawa:
-LDN 2nd in '19

To Ottawa:
-HAM 2nd '20
-OSH 4th '21

Also the biggest rumour on the above link is Ottawa are after Kyle Maksimovich from Erie Ontario Hockey League – Official Site of the Ontario Hockey League he is 9th in scoring in the OHL

The other rumour is Travis Barron might be sent back to the 67's by Colorado, he is currently playing in the ECHL

Reactions: DrEasy

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Maksimovich is a 67.
55 career playoff games. Not bad.

Looking to add to an already-deep roster, the Ottawa 67’s hit it big Tuesday, acquiring Kyle Maksimovich from the Erie Otters.
In exchange for the 20-year-old left winger, the 67’s gave the Niagara IceDogs’ second-round pick in 2019, their own second-round pick in 2020, a conditional second-round pick in 2024, a 13th-round selection in 2019, plus the Ontario Hockey League rights to centre Austen Swankle.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
From the 67's board:

Would put the final nail in the coffin in regards to Travis Barron not coming back.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
From the 67's board:

Would put the final nail in the coffin in regards to Travis Barron not coming back.

Its a done deal. Exciting stuff, the forwards on this team are absolutely stacked.

KeatingRossiFelhaber
MaksimovichChmelevskiClark
ChiodoHoelscherQuinn
YuleBittenClarke
TolnaiMaggio
HoefenmayerBahl
WilsonOkhotyuk
RipponPeric
Belanger
Dipietro
Andree
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: DJB and DrEasy

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
14 forwards 7 defencemen and 3 goalies only shortage is defence, need one more defencemen

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
This team is insane.

Its so stacked, if people go to games you will see how good Kevin Bahl is. Absolute stud, 6'6 D man that can fly is a rock defensively, moves the puck and plays with an edge. Really wish the sens had picked him over Tychonik. A depth d man wouldnt be a bad addition before the end of the day tomorrow.

Guelph has been pretty crazy they have flipped half their roster. Just traded for Entwhistle, Suzuki, Durzi and Zach Roberts while trading Merkley 'the cancer' out.

67's have a huge road weekend. 3 in 3 Sarnia Friday, London on Saturday then Guelph on Sunday. Saturday game against London is nationally televised, should be a beauty!

Reactions: hawthy

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Its so stacked, if people go to games you will see how good Kevin Bahl is. Absolute stud, 6'6 D man that can fly is a rock defensively, moves the puck and plays with an edge. Really wish the sens had picked him over Tychonik. A depth d man wouldnt be a bad addition before the end of the day tomorrow.

Guelph has been pretty crazy they have flipped half their roster. Just traded for Entwhistle, Suzuki, Durzi and Zach Roberts while trading Merkley 'the cancer' out.

67's have a huge road weekend. 3 in 3 Sarnia Friday, London on Saturday then Guelph on Sunday. Saturday game against London is nationally televised, should be a beauty!
Is Formenton back? If so, more reason to watch the game!

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Its a done deal. Exciting stuff, the forwards on this team are absolutely stacked.

KeatingRossiFelhaber
MaksimovichChmelevskiClark
ChiodoHoelscherQuinn
YuleBittenClarke
TolnaiMaggio
HoefenmayerBahl
WilsonOkhotyuk
RipponPeric
Belanger
Dipietro
Andree
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rippon is currently out injured with a shoulder injury, he maybe back this weekend or next week

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Rippon is currently out injured with a shoulder injury, he maybe back this weekend or next week
Yeah he is back soon though! Was just showing the projected lineup when healthy. Big fan of Rippon, great skater plays with an edge.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
He was called up on a emergency basis, basically Vancouver ran out of goalies, i think there is some rule he can only stay for 5 games, then they have to send him back.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Ah OK thanks.
Weird, VAN lost McKenna on waivers and now he's playing in AHL for Flyers. So it appears Flyers queitly sent him down through waivers. Wouldn't Canucks have the priority on him to get him back or they chose not to?

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Just watching the 67’s on Rogers and they have Killer I’m interviewing 1st intermission. Goosebumps hearing him.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Got free tickets and went to a game this weekend, fun hockey in a really cool area. First time ive been at TD place since they changed everything

Sad contrast with the senators from the team, to the exictement and arena location

I was quite dissapointed with the beer prices tho. Didnt expect to pay the same for a beer as CTC. Will sneak in rum next time and mix with a coca cola lol

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sharks fan here in peace. I was wondering as to what your guys opinions on Chmelevski are? What kind of ceiling does he have at the NHL level?

One heck of a hockey player, he is the best player on the team all around he can do it all. Compete level off the charts, unreal in the dot and can play in all situations. His evolution as a late round steal likely made moving Norris in the Karlsson deal very easy. Similar level prospect in my opinion. Has terrific leadership qualities too.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
One heck of a hockey player, he is the best player on the team all around he can do it all. Compete level off the charts, unreal in the dot and can play in all situations. His evolution as a late round steal likely made moving Norris in the Karlsson deal very easy. Similar level prospect in my opinion. Has terrific leadership qualities too.
Yep, good analysis. If all works out in a best case scenario, he's a first liner on an average team and a second liner on a good one.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sharks fan here in peace. I was wondering as to what your guys opinions on Chmelevski are? What kind of ceiling does he have at the NHL level?

He's a little streaky and can go cold for stretches, but when he is on he is a heck of a talent. Like all offensively gifted players he has a knack for finding open ice and letting the puck find him. You can't teach that - a guy either has that hockey sense or he doesn't, and he does. There are no guarantees, of course, but I still can't believe the Sharks got him in the 6th round - lot of teams could be kicking themselves in a couple of years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad