OT: HiJacked 67's talk thread

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Some-one posted this in the 67's board

"In return, the Spitfires get Russian forward Egor Afanasyev, Ottawa’s 2nd round pick in 2019, London’s 2nd round pick in 2021, Ottawa’s 2nd round picks in 2022 and 2023; and a trio of conditional picks – Ottawa’s 2nd in 2021, Ottawa’s 3rd in 2021 and Ottawa’s 3rd in 2022. "

Not bad if true, looks like we'll have some playoff hockey in town after all this year!

What are the conditions? Winning CHL? Memorial cup?

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
Wow, great deal for the 67's.

Feel bad for Andree as he has been good so far, but I think this is just a deal the 67's couldn't pass up.

I still hope they go out and get another forward, as they will be very thin going through the Christmas season.

But man, this team just got really serious about going for a deep run this post season.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Wow, great deal for the 67's.

Feel bad for Andree as he has been good so far, but I think this is just a deal the 67's couldn't pass up.

I still hope they go out and get another forward, as they will be very thin going through the Christmas season.

But man, this team just got really serious about going for a deep run this post season.

They also couldnt let London get Dipietro.

I think for Andree he is going to have to show his mental toughness and embrace the situation as best he can. He has to keep in mind they need him for the next 6 weeks in a big way, also that if Dipetro falters or gets hurt he has to be ready. AND the 67's are going to be really good next year too and he will be the guy. One good thing about the situation for him is 67's goalie coach Charline Mactavish has had him since he was just a youngster I am confident he can guide him through the situation.

Really exciting stuff and a really fun team to watch, glad to see they are going for it and didnt give up close to as much as Niagra did for Robertson.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Massive trade for the 67s! Such a good trade and its nice to see the 67s go for it. Not too often that has happened that i can recall.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Are there any good 67's blogs or writers that you guys would recommend? I just moved back to Ottawa after several years of living elsewhere and this feels like a great time to start following the local outfit.

Reactions: Panic at the Back

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
To echo the Andree sentiments, yeah, how frustrating must that be?

I wonder if they take two proven starters along with them now? If they are really loading up for a Mem Cup run this year, perhaps they deal Andree for more help up front? Mind you, wouldn't that be a story if it came back to bite them later, either from lack of goaltending depth going forward or a postseason clash against him. I guess the deal would like be with a western team AND one no presently contending to come out of the west....

Memorial Cup or bust this year, now.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario

I wonder if they take two proven starters along with them now? If they are really loading up for a Mem Cup run this year, perhaps they deal Andree for more help up front? Mind you, wouldn't that be a story if it came back to bite them later, either from lack of goaltending depth going forward or a postseason clash against him. I guess the deal would like be with a western team AND one no presently contending to come out of the west....

If you believe what's coming out of the front office, no roster player will be traded this year. It sounds like they're gearing up for a multi-year run, and plan on having Andree ready for year two when DiPi is done in the O.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

They are definitely not trading Andree. They beed him for the next 6 weeks first if all second of all he will be the goalie next season 3rd of all if Dipietro gets hurt or falters they would be SOL.

I do think they deal for another forward though.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
thinking about running to the 67s game right now cuz i have nothing better to do, I know its at Lansdown is it the same rink that the red blacks play in? and whats the latest i can buy a ticket there?

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
Flint's in town; should be a good, old fashion ass-kicking tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017
I don’t know if this was on TV but I was at the sens game tonight and the 67s Tye Felhaber (sic?) was at the game. He’s a free agent right?

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
Trade deadline is coming up on Thursday. Anybody follow the OHL enough to know who some potential targets could be?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Trade deadline is coming up on Thursday. Anybody follow the OHL enough to know who some potential targets could be?

They'll add a forward, probably an OA. A guy like Brandon Saigeon would make a ton of sense.

Personally, I think they should go big this year, so I'd be looking for trade for Nick Suzuki and Sean Durzi out of Owen Sound. Durzi is an OA defenceman (Leafs draft pick) while Suzuki (Habs property) would fill the hole up front. It's not really the 67's MO to make this type of move, although neither was making the move for DiPietro so who knows what they've got up their sleeve.

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
They'll add a forward, probably an OA. A guy like Brandon Saigeon would make a ton of sense.

Personally, I think they should go big this year, so I'd be looking for trade for Nick Suzuki and Sean Durzi out of Owen Sound. Durzi is an OA defenceman (Leafs draft pick) while Suzuki (Habs property) would fill the hole up front. It's not really the 67's MO to make this type of move, although neither was making the move for DiPietro so who knows what they've got up their sleeve.

I mean I think this is the year to go all out tbh... haven’t had a team this good in a long time

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad