Highest offensive potential btw Hishon and Colborne?

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Hishon owned the ice when I saw him play in Owen Sound. I mean, they were playing Barrie, but still...

Anyways, he was very fun to watch and was far and away the best player on the ice every time he was on. He has great skills obviously but I guess Colborne could bring more "intangibles"down the road. The Paul Kariya comparison seems like a good one for Hishon, but then again it's not like I watch him play often.

Bravid Nonahan

carlylol = القسوة
Mar 22, 2009
أو&#1585
Both times I've gone to OS to see Hishon he's been hurt. I went to see OS play the Knights in '09, and Tavares was hurt as well :shakehead. At least I still got to see Kadri, Carlson, and Del Zotto. This year I went to see the January game vs the Spits, and Hishon was hurt again. :shakehead

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
I can't really comment on Hishon, but Colborne isn't gritty enough to be like Bert or Backes. Right now I see him as Blake Wheeler 2.0 but hopefully I'm wrong and he becomes a more effective player.

I think he is somewhere in between Wheeler and Penner. Has that "European big man" feel to his game, where despite that fact that he is big and strong he really dpoesn't utilize his size like he possibly could.

I'd take Hishon over Colborne anyday, although Hishon's health makes him a touch of a gamble.

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound
From what I heard Burke wanted Colborne and Chiarelli was wanting to move Hamill. So it's not like they just threw him in.

Short term Colborne may be playing in the NHL first, and till the Avs clear some room in the top 6 Hishon may be back in juniors.

Considering Hishon is now signed to an ELC and would be an OA player with nothing to accomplish in junior, theres a 0% chance hes back in junior next season and 100% chance hes in the AHL or NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->