High school hockey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
Figured we could use a thread for the top high school/prep teams as the season has started. Some teams to watch... Eden Prairie (MN), Andover (MN), Maple Grove (MN), Rosemount (MN), KUA (Prep), Salisbury (Prep), Nobles (Prep), Cushing (Prep), Avon (Prep), Don Bosco (NJ), Delbarton (NJ),

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Also keep an eye on Northfield- Mt. Hermon and Rivers (Prep).

It wouldn't surprise me to see Salisbury vs. KUA in the NEPSAC finals again (go KUA!) There's a lot of elite talent in that league, but it's very spread out due to the abundance of teams. A lot of the schools have a few players with elite-level talent but very little depth.

Reactions: tealhockey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net

It wouldn't surprise me to see Salisbury vs. KUA in the NEPSAC finals again (go KUA!) There's a lot of elite talent in that league, but it's very spread out due to the abundance of teams. A lot of the schools have a few players with elite-level talent but very little depth.
Not sure what to make of NMH this season, seem like a middle of the pack type but a lot of unknown commodities on that team. Rivers seems to have a good group of returning talent and younger names. Excited to see what Phil Tresca can do for them.

I think it would be cool to see Salisbury KUA again and if KUA wins, historic for them 4 in a row and Salisbury is obviously a top program as well so either result would be interesting. At the same time I'd like to see something different, Nobles, Dexter, Cushing, even an Exeter, Andover, Berkshire, Loomis or someone like that break in to the top. It was great to see Gunnery win it and break up the dominance

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net

I watched NMH play Westy, solid game. Both seemed like middle-of-pack to good teams but that's why prep has such great parity, a lot of teams like that. NMH goalie did well and shut out, only goalie was a puck that wasn't kept on the blue line, NMH forward #14 jumped on it with a nice finish

Reactions: BOS358

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Not sure about their depth, but NMH's goaltender is among the best in the NEPSAC and will certainly steal a few for the Hoggers. Some good players on that team, but the goalie will carry them a lot farther than they would get on paper.

Reactions: tealhockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad