TV: High Maintenance

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
New show just started about a week ago on HBO. But upon further inspection it seems as though this was/is a web series that has now been picked up and adapted for TV for at least 1 season by HBO.

It is really bizarre and unlike anything I've seen before. Stoner dark comedy with lighter elements, and the first two episodes ("Meth(od)" and "Museebat") play out like loosely joined skits. It's very interesting and I've enjoyed them tremendously. Very well paced and keeps you glued. Revolving door of cast members and it seems like the main character of the show if there is one is the stoner pot dealer in Brooklyn who gives you access into these different peoples (his customers) lives. Shenanigans ensue.

Would recommend. Seems to be well reviewed looking online as well. Under the radar show that I'd assume will only last a year or two but high quality stuff.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
Love this show. I watched the first episode on HBO and then I immediately binged watched the web series.

Holy crap is this show good.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Yea I binge watched the web series when they put it up on HBO GO a couple weeks ago, I love this show

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
Was OKAY seemed to focus too much on the gay guy getting pounder than the stoner guy selling dope

yeaaaahhhh....

At first I thought it was merely a case of a show out-Girlsing Girls and then that scene came along. (I am at work)

11AbuuEEmp9Dk4.gif

Philly85*

I Ain't Even Mad
Mar 28, 2009
lol yeah that was a tough one, but I would recommend you persist!

the last episode "Grandpa" was one of the coolest, most unique shows of TV I think I've ever seen. Was honestly brilliant.

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga
lol yeah that was a tough one, but I would recommend you persist!

the last episode "Grandpa" was one of the coolest, most unique shows of TV I think I've ever seen. Was honestly brilliant.

Absolutely fantastic. The creators of this show know what they're doing wow. :popcorn:

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I started with the webisodes, then watched episode 1 & 2.
Guess I'll watch episode 3, but at this point, I'm really on the fence. Leaning towards passing on this show.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
New season started yesterday, just watched the first episode.

Loved it! Maybe my favorite episode yet, just so well done in so many areas. I remember reading an interview with Ben Sinclair last week and he talked about how they wanted to evolve the show while also keeping things similar to what made it so successful before... well they did just that.

f***... just a great great episode.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga

Loved it! Maybe my favorite episode yet, just so well done in so many areas. I remember reading an interview with Ben Sinclair last week and he talked about how they wanted to evolve the show while also keeping things similar to what made it so successful before... well they did just that.

****... just a great great episode.
Oh man I can't wait to watch it!!

HockeyThoughts

Delivering The Truth
Jul 23, 2007
Mississauga

****... just a great great episode.
I forgot to come back to this thread but yeah I agree that was one fantastic episode.

I honestly think this is my favorite show currently on TV.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad