Waived: Hickey (NYI) & Clune (NSH) Claimed from Waivers

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
We couldn't get anything for him, everyone knew we had to waive someone. Also, Hickey didn't possess much value. I doubt people would be much happier if we had given him up for a 5th round pick. Not much of a consolation prize.

This is were I don't agree. I'd rather we kept him and waived Richardson. I have no clue what that guy brings to the team.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
This is were I don't agree. I'd rather we kept him and waived Richardson. I have no clue what that guy brings to the team.

He is a proven player. Hickey hasn't proven a thing. So much so that not a single team wanted to give anything for him. Richardson's trade value is greater than Hickey's.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
He is a proven player. Hickey hasn't proven a thing. So much so that not a single team wanted to give anything for him. Richardson's trade value is greater than Hickey's.

I'd be shocked if he was even claimed on waivers.

I have no clue what the love is for this guy. He has shown virtually nothing the past two years now, and is largely a healthy scratch. This isn't a case of a player like Drewiske or Hickey being kept out of the line up due to our great depth, Richardson played his way out of the Kings line up.

We had depth at forward even without Richardson, yet we entered camp with Mitchell expected to be out for at least the start of the season and we elected to waive a D-man and keep a forward. That's what I really don't get.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Not much love for Richardson, it is just that he has proven to be a good energy/utility player. He is the perfect utility forward because he can play any position on any line. He is the Drewiske of forwards.

We paid a 2nd for him, he's played a lot of games for us, and has playoff experience and his name on the cup. It is also easier to trade a forward. He has value around the league, but Hickey didn't.

It would have been nice if we could have kept him, but we just didn't have the room to carry 8 defensemen. Two spare forwards and one spare defenseman is the standard configuration.

scramble91

Jul 6, 2010
I'd be shocked if he was even claimed on waivers.

I have no clue what the love is for this guy. He has shown virtually nothing the past two years now, and is largely a healthy scratch. This isn't a case of a player like Drewiske or Hickey being kept out of the line up due to our great depth, Richardson played his way out of the Kings line up.

We had depth at forward even without Richardson, yet we entered camp with Mitchell expected to be out for at least the start of the season and we elected to waive a D-man and keep a forward. That's what I really don't get.

Yea richie is a decent player, but with the new CBA players like him with his salary are not going to be in high demand.

I just hope Muzzin shapes up quickly. This is his second showing in the NHL and unlike Martinez he isn't taking advantage of the opportunity.

But even with the lapses in coverage, the kings are getting stingy in the neutral zone again which takes perfect gap control by all 5 skaters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad