OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
There's def an element of risk when you don't know when the league is coming back, but I think it would be cool if others are interested.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
There's def an element of risk when you don't know when the league is coming back, but I think it would be cool if others are interested.

I'm not even sure if it's possible. Usually once something is locked in with Yahoo, that seems to be it. I'm sure they have no idea what they are doing either, this is all uncharted territory.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You're probably right, it's all good

I heard you, man. I wish we could something. It's a shame our fake hockey fun is directly tied to the real product.

I'm going to start creating some documents in easily accessible places that include all our league info, rules, and everything else. The one nice thing about this downtime is it gives me a chance to catch up all those admin tasks I'd like to polish up so we can really make this an outstanding league for our participants.

I've also been kicking around the idea of a Discord sever for those interested.

Reactions: Sparty

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So does this new NHL plan basically mean our season is officially dead? Will the bottom 7 teams even suit up again?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I would think so. I want my money back!!!

Man, this hurts because my window to win with my old man team was never better than this year. Having someone like Kopitar as a "depth" player isn't gonna be a thing next year.

I have no idea how Yahoo will handle this going into next year.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
During this time of zero fantasy for the foreseeable future, I thought it would be fun to make our rosters into an actual lineup. Kind of see how our fake team would stack up as an honest to goodness hockey team going into the playoffs.

Benchworth Bull Moose

Marchessault - Malkin - Wheeler
Bjorkstrand - Couturier - Oshie
Foligno - O'Reilly - Saad
Iafallo - Kopitar - Gusev

Scratch: McCann, Armia

Burns - Pietrangelo
Letang - Weber
Theodore - Klingberg
Fox

Binnington
Blackwood

Scratch: Korpisalo, Merlikins

Evaluation:

So my center depth is insane. Kopitar holding down the 4th line, come on. I also love none of these guys are 2-way slouches. Playoff centers all the way down. Insane match-up potential. My top wingers are also very good. Wheeler and Marchy would be feasting with Malkin. But beyond that, my wingers are absolutely the weak link. Oshie and Bjorkstrand are nice goal scorers. The quality really dips at line 3 and 4.

Now my shining pride and glory. The blueline. After 2 years of drafting and swapping, I put together my dream blueline. Except too many of them play right side, but let's just ignore that. These guys can score in bunches and you have all around rock Pietrangelo holding down every hard minute. Nice mix of old dudes and youth, too. Theodore is maybe the most underrated defender in the NHL right now. He's going to make some noise in the playoffs. The fact Fox can't even get on the ice is a pretty good sign.

So you'd think someone that talks about the value of elite goalies all the time, I would have one on my fantasy time. Well dudes, I tried. So I scraped up Binnington and Blackwood off waivers last year and damn that worked out. Binnington had an MVP quality playoffs and this year he was solid. I don't know how great he'll be long-term, but he's good. Blackwood flashes big skill. If he's consistent, he'll be star goalie. He's got every tool. Korpisalo and Merlikins are potentially both starters, but both have had stretches of "WTF?" Still unclear who will win that goalie battle. If I had my way, I'd still like to grab that one elite piece. I made inquiries about Price and Vasilevskiy, naturally.

Overall, I love these centers and defenders for a playoff team. This team is built to win today. There's a few younger guys present, but the strength's are leaning heavily on players 30 and up.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Connor - Mackinnon - Stone
Arvidsson - Crosby - Hoffman
Parise - Point - Yamamoto
Rust - Krejci - Anderson

extras: Danault, Formenton, Batherson

Nurse - Carlson
Schmidt - Petry
Yandle - Murphy

extras: Keith, Cole

Andersen
Dubnyk

extras: Smith, Jones Elliott

This is how I would line them IRL, I think. Some really elite Cs make up the spine of the roster. D isn't out of the world in terms of brand name guys, but there are a few fantasy darlings who round it out. Weird to scratch Keith, but he was pretty underwhelming in fantasy this year. I might dress him and scratch Rust or Anderson if I was coaching, I guess. Goalies are both very adequate with 3 other solid veterans behind them. Jones has been very underwhelming in recent history but he has had some peaks in his career, too.

Very North American team, I just realized.

Reactions: Bench

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Tkachuck-Petterson-Svechnikov
Aho-Mathews-Bert
Ehlers-Kotkaniemi-Fabbri
Kapanen-Galchenyuk-Buchnevich
Extra Virtanen

Trouba-Werenski
Dahlin- Hanafin
Gologoski- Chiarot

Gibson
Lundquist

Young team but pretty great depth throughout. Nice mix of speed, size, and grit. Love my top 4 (although) I know nothing about handedness. As a real NHL team I think they'd be hard to beat, but maybe not the best fantasy team lol.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Kevin Fiala - Connor Mcdavid - Mitchell Marner
Adam Henrique - Aleksander Barkov - Travis Konecny
Tyler Enis - Dylan Larkin - Justin Williams
Josh Bailey - Derek Stepan - Nick Suzuki

Victor Hedman - Thomas Chabot
Alexander Edler - Colton Parayko
Devon Toews - Joel Edmundson

Darcy Kuemper
Jacob Markstrom
Linus Ulmark

Fiala was my best pick up so far and is a pretty surefire keeper now (its between him and konecny). First line would probably not put together like that in reality, but these lines are just put together with the best player of each position.

Center Depth is very good and mcdavid, barkov and larkin are all keepers. Suzuki put together a few very nice last weeks. Fiala, Marner, Konecny are scoring wingers.

Hedman and Chabot would be a killer first pairing in real life. Edler and Parayko are scoring well in fantasy hockey, and my goalies get a lot of starts.

Hedman

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
My Center depth is lacking and it really shows trying to make a lineup

Landeskog-Getzlaf-Rantanen
Laine-Schenn-Pasta
Kovi-Reinhart-Wilson
Hyman-Soderberg-Tatar

Rielly-Tanev
Provorov-Pionk
Chara-Risto

Bishop
Khudobin
Mrazek

Our Defense, Wingers and Goaltending are good enough to contend I feel but damn we are going to get some bad matchups at center.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Meier-Jack Eichel-Nyquist
Debrincat-Pierre-Luc Dubois-Zadina
Skinner-Hertl-Duclair
Laughton-Bonino-Byron

Josi-Severson
McDonagh-Shattenkirk
Krug-Fowler

Varlamov
Hogberg

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
Marchand-Toews-Benn
E Kane-Backstrom-W Nylander
Keller-W Karlsson-Radulov
Olofsson-Hintz-Kase

Chychrun-Makar
Girard-Spurgeon
Dunn-Bear

Grubauer
Georgiev

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
This was pretty fun, lol

Draisatl-Bergeron-Patrick Kane
Schwartz-Tavares-Reilly Smith
Pacioretty-Stastny-Burakovsky
Perron-Backlund-Jarnkrok

Seth Jones-Ryan Ellis
Slavin-Barrie
Skjei-Erik Johnson

Rask
Rittich

I'd use Drai on the wing because I have better center depth (and using Tavares on the third line seems silly). I'll put my top line up against anyone.

I'm only putting Pacioretty on the third line so he can play with Stastny (since they do IRL), he's def more deserving than Schwartz of being second pair.

I'll be honest I don't know enough to know who plays RD and LD (not gonna bother with it either) so I'm just trying to balance offense and defense capabilities.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
This was pretty fun, lol

Draisatl-Bergeron-Patrick Kane
Schwartz-Tavares-Reilly Smith
Pacioretty-Stastny-Burakovsky
Perron-Backlund-Jarnkrok

Seth Jones-Ryan Ellis
Slavin-Barrie
Skjei-Erik Johnson

Rask
Rittich

I'd use Drai on the wing because I have better center depth (and using Tavares on the third line seems silly). I'll put my top line up against anyone.

I'm only putting Pacioretty on the third line so he can play with Stastny (since they do IRL), he's def more deserving than Schwartz of being second pair.

I'll be honest I don't know enough to know who plays RD and LD (not gonna bother with it either) so I'm just trying to balance offense and defense capabilities.
Wow way to make my team look like dog shit lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I like my defense a ton, but I think Sparty's team is too damn strong at the top to control. He has a great fantasy and real life team there. Pretty rad.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Most of my guys on D aren't great fantasy producers but I love what they do in real life. Seth Jones, Jaccob Slavin and Erik Johnson would be perfect complements to those guys up front...just don't screw things up, lol. For most of this year, Barrie was buried behind everyone and didn't get any PP time. Once they fired Babcock he was much better. Ellis can play for anyone and put up points.

It's a bummer we don't get to finish this season, I obviously can't keep all these guys.

Maybe we can make these teams in NHL 2020 and let the computer sim our championship, lol

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Obviously playoffs never count, but...

Korpisalo's game last night would have been worth 32 points in our league.

That would be like a 5 goal game for a skater.

Reactions: Sparty

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah, you're def never going to have a five overtime game in the regular season, and he made most of those points after regulation and five minutes of the first OT.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Now that the NHL draft is over, have we decided on when our draft is and how to proceed?

Not even a little.

But I'll start thinking about it. Anyone want to volunteer to help out with logistics and getting together league admin stuff? Work really picked up for me in the last few months so many hobbies have been on the back burner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->