OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
With keepers being due tonight, have we decided on the goalie keeper issue? Any of the new guys looking for some quality keepers to start their franchise, i've got some available for draft picks. PM me if interested.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I feel like it’s pretty late to still be discussing changing keeper rules. We still need to draft and have the season starts in three nights.
this is the mess I complained about last year and people didn't care. Drafting a certain way only for the rules to change after.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I just want to know what the keeper rules are so i can set mine. I know i've been asking for couple weeks now to get this figured out. Really isn't too helpful to the new guys, not knowing what players are going to be available.

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
The keeper rules have not changed, eight keepers and you can keep up to three prospects if they have not aged out.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
Got a question about aged out prospects-

My thinking is, if you have a guy who "graduated" by aging out or playing over 50 NHL games, is you hold onto him in one of the 3 keeper prospect slots, and you can either draft someone to replace him during the draft, or wait until after to add/ drop one ASAP

So like say you had 2 guys who were good still and 1 who aged out, and you draft Jack Hughes with your first, after the draft ends you would be able to drop your aged out prospect and add an NHLer in that spot

Does that make sense/ seem fair?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're proposing, but you want it so aged out prospects can't be drafted and go to waivers after the draft is over? Why?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Okay, I had time to re-read your post and it makes more sense now.

My thinking was always that, while a guy like Jack Hughes in the literal sense a prospect, but you're not drafting him to be a prospect, because you know he's going directly to the NHL. A prospect in my mind was always someone you could stash from the CHL, because you wanted him on your roster after he made the league. Jack Hughes will never really be a prospect, but he will serve as one of your three prospects because he fits that criteria.

I had a host of guys on my team in the prospect role last year because I thought it was beneficial to have better roster players. I dropped Borgstrom, Troy Terry, etc, when they all made the league because I could get better roster players and replace them with different prospects. Most of the guys who are actually prospects are going to play in 3rd/4th line roles and hurt your team during their rookie season.

I think the prospect thing is probably more trouble than it's worth, and I think now you're trying to reverse engineer a reason to have drafted better prospects, but I think we all would have done that if we knew we'd have been able to make this decision after they aged out.

Last edited:

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
8 keepers, 3 prospects, no extra goalie rules. I'll set my keepers now

how about drafting wednesday at 9 or 10 pm? Would be 4 am for me, but its manageable for me.

Or on the weekend, friday or saturday same time

I'm against a slow draft

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
We'd have to have the expansion draft done before the draft, but 9 or 10pm on Wednesday works for me. Would prefer 9:30, kid isn't always down by 9pm but is always down at 9:30.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
I'm cool with Wednesday, that or Tuesday's are likely the only days i can draft at night, unless we do a slow draft

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I prefer Tuesday night. Or sometime after 10pm on Wed/Thursday.

So are the keepers 8 players (including 1 goalie) and 3 "prospects" (having played 50 or less games in the NHL)?

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
We'd have to have the expansion draft done before the draft, but 9 or 10pm on Wednesday works for me. Would prefer 9:30, kid isn't always down by 9pm but is always down at 9:30.

cool, I'm talking about in 2 days- as is said, thursday is a holiday here. So get the expansion draft done tomorrow guys XD

9.30 is ok for me. it doesn't really make a difference if i wake up at 4 or 4.30, its both middle of the night

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017

So are the keepers 8 players (including 1 goalie) and 3 "prospects" (having played 50 or less games in the NHL)?

i don't think that a goalie is a must keeper. its just 8 keepers overall + 3 prospects

Reactions: Sparty

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

8 keepers total. No goalie restrictions.

Still a little unsure on prospect stuff. Not sure what Carter Hart qualifies as.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am fairly confused on expansion draft. I mean technically what the keeper is in terms of my view has always been setting your off-season roster, they lock in as a pick in a corresponding round in almost every league. So your first rated keeper is kept in round 1 as your selection, your second highest in round 2 and so on and so forth.

I don't really understand the need for an "expansion draft" it should just snake around allowing @Frk It and I to draft in each round until we get to rounds where we are all picking again as usual. It would also mean if you don't like 8 of your keepers you can also ditch players, so if you kept six you would start drafting in round 7. Now the hard part with this league is technically you actually have 11 keepers because of the prospect status, now I don't view those as quite the same but it makes that a little more complicated in terms of rigging the rounds correctly. But I would think the first 8 rounds are just snaking around taking the keepers people selected or opening up to when they no longer have keepers and we are drafting in between, am I missing something? Yahoo doesn't allow this?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah, this is why I think we just need to start a slow draft and get on with this, because I don't think Yahoo is going to let us do what we're trying to do now that we're adding teams.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Got a question about aged out prospects-

My thinking is, if you have a guy who "graduated" by aging out or playing over 50 NHL games, is you hold onto him in one of the 3 keeper prospect slots, and you can either draft someone to replace him during the draft, or wait until after to add/ drop one ASAP

So like say you had 2 guys who were good still and 1 who aged out, and you draft Jack Hughes with your first, after the draft ends you would be able to drop your aged out prospect and add an NHLer in that spot

Does that make sense/ seem fair?

lets just get this draft and new season started

Reactions: mantha39

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I am fairly confused on expansion draft. I mean technically what the keeper is in terms of my view has always been setting your off-season roster, they lock in as a pick in a corresponding round in almost every league. So your first rated keeper is kept in round 1 as your selection, your second highest in round 2 and so on and so forth.

I don't really understand the need for an "expansion draft" it should just snake around allowing @Frk It and I to draft in each round until we get to rounds where we are all picking again as usual. It would also mean if you don't like 8 of your keepers you can also ditch players, so if you kept six you would start drafting in round 7. Now the hard part with this league is technically you actually have 11 keepers because of the prospect status, now I don't view those as quite the same but it makes that a little more complicated in terms of rigging the rounds correctly. But I would think the first 8 rounds are just snaking around taking the keepers people selected or opening up to when they no longer have keepers and we are drafting in between, am I missing something? Yahoo doesn't allow this?

I've never known a league to do it that way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad