OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
We could do 8 player keepers + 3 prospects and 1 goalie keeper. That way everyone is guaranteed a NHL starting goalie. Even those most are starting to work tandems for goaltending.

That’s a hard no from me. I understand dropping keepers to 8 with two new teams but limiting to 1 goalie out of nowhere kind of sucks.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
If you think about, with everyone keeping 1 goalie, allows us to use 8 keepers on position players. So in a sense we can keep up to 11 position players(8 NHL, 3 prospects) plus a goalie, instead of up to 10 players (7 position guys plus 3 prospects, including goalie.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If you think about, with everyone keeping 1 goalie, allows us to use 8 keepers on position players. So in a sense we can keep up to 11 position players(8 NHL, 3 prospects) plus a goalie, instead of up to 10 players (7 position guys plus 3 prospects, including goalie.

@mantha39 arguably has four goalies most people would want to keep, though.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Im sure everyone has to make adjustments with who they want to keep after adding the new teams. Part of expansion lol
the whole gripe of mine in the first place was we didn't know about expansion until after the season thus people making trades that puts them in bad spots.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
We also changed the keepers from 10 to 8, and no one is gripping about that. I dont understand the gripe of that, but when it comes to keeping only 1 goalie, which we can only play one each day, its a huge issue. People were really going to keep 4 goalies and less position players?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
We also changed the keepers from 10 to 8, and no one is gripping about that. I dont understand the gripe of that, but when it comes to keeping only 1 goalie, which we can only play one each day, its a huge issue. People were really going to keep 4 goalies and less position players?
I absolutely did gripe about that only for the fact that I constructed my team thinking it was still 10 keepers. That's in the past though since it seems the new rules will stay.

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI

Keep it at 8 players including goalies. That way people who want to keep more than one goalie have the option to at the expense of a skater. Everyone wins.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Keep it at 8 players including goalies. That way people who want to keep more than one goalie have the option to at the expense of a skater. Everyone wins.
Wouldn’t we still have the option to keep goalies at the players expense if we did 1 goalie keeper? this works better for you if that’s the case. One extra spot

Reactions: Winger98

raymond23

Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Wouldn’t we still have the option to keep goalies at the players expense if we did 1 goalie keeper? this works better for you if that’s the case. One extra spot

Based on what they were saying, it was 1 keeper goalie max. Unless I’m mistaken.

What was the original agreement anyways? 8 keepers + 2 goalies? I’m confused now.

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Originally 10 keepers plus 3 prospects(12 team). Then with the addition of 2 teams(14 teams), its 8 keepers and 3 prospects.
I have played in a league where you can only keep one goalie in a deep league like this and it works out great. Goalies end up going earlier in the draft if you need one. Everyone in that league seem to enjoy it and there's money involved. That's why i offered that up. Keeps everyone on an even playing field/parity.
Does any one remember how many goalies we can start each night? Thought it was one but could be wrong. At the very least we should keep how every many goalie spots we can roster on a given night. I think thats far and allows the new teams a shot at make a competitive team. After all this is for fun. No money involved, just pride and fun among posters of this board.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I'd prefer the 8 players (skaters and goalies) and three prospects if you still have three like we were all initially going to do. Don't like the idea of giving people another keeper when there's two new teams with none right now.

Are we going to let the new teams pick eight players and three prospects before we start the draft, or are they going to select additional players after we're all done? If we let them pick first (I think we should do that to give them a fighting chance), I think they should only have players who were available last year (no kids who were in college last year or draft eligible).

Reactions: Winger98

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I'd prefer the 8 players (skaters and goalies) and three prospects if you still have three like we were all initially going to do. Don't like the idea of giving people another keeper when there's two new teams with none right now.

Are we going to let the new teams pick eight players and three prospects before we start the draft, or are they going to select additional players after we're all done? If we let them pick first (I think we should do that to give them a fighting chance), I think they should only have players who were available last year (no kids who were in college last year or draft eligible).

I would assume @Frk It and I get to draft before or what did I just join. I mean it is setting an off-season roster, technically everyone should be able to dump keepers for picks if they choose. We just have no option joining. But my first round pick corresponds with one of your keepers is how this traditionally works.

But I don't want to come off as telling people what to do. It just would greatly impact the seller I turn into at the deadline and how I would play building. Excited to join, you all need to make the decisions you're comfortable with.

Reactions: Sparty

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I would assume @Frk It and I get to draft before or what did I just join. I mean it is setting an off-season roster, technically everyone should be able to dump keepers for picks if they choose. We just have no option joining. But my first round pick corresponds with one of your keepers is how this traditionally works.

But I don't want to come off as telling people what to do. It just would greatly impact the seller I turn into at the deadline and how I would play building. Excited to join, you all need to make the decisions you're comfortable with.
I thought it would make sense to do something similar to the NHL expansion draft for Vegas. We still pick 10 keepers, then 2-3 of those were thrown into the expansion pot so guys were still getting keeper level guys and not behind the 8 ball. Prospects wise they would start with 0 and have to draft or pick them up over the waiver wire, unless they got lucky and found a gem available in the keeper group existing teams had to give up.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I am curious, I guess I need to go log-in and read deeper into the rules, but does Yahoo allow for really advanced prospect picks. I know I have played in a format where we had five prospects, but you could Larry Bird draft pick guys, so basically they started allowing prospects at 16, it created a pretty crazy trade scene and building environment. I would guess it doesn't allow that, but I would burn an early pick on Byfield. :laugh:

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yahoo only lets you pick kids that are signed by a pro team. So guys like Phil Hughes last year weren't available until he signed with the Canucks after Michigan's season was done.

Reactions: jprenkert

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
Yahoo only lets you pick kids that are signed by a pro team. So guys like Phil Hughes last year weren't available until he signed with the Canucks after Michigan's season was done.

yes i looked for cale makar as a prospect but couln't find him last season. I would like to have access to all drafted players, but i don't want to complain to much

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Baseball fan?

Lol, obv meant Quentin. Who can keep all those brothers straight.

Season starts on Wednesday right? Maybe we should pick a draft date and see if it works for everyone. Or if we're going to have an expansion draft and slow draft, let's get it on.

Reactions: turkleton85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad