OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Getting all the defensemen on a team that just lost 8-1, what could go wrong?

Day 1 of getting all of the Montreal defense...
Weber 12.7 points
Petry 12.2

I'm surviving.

Oh and continuing our discussion on Vegas. I noticed Marchessault just dunked 28 points in a single game. Thought, "wow maybe Stastny did something..." And 0.4 points. Oof.

Tuch had 15 points. Farabee put up 8 points. Weber did great and I still lost points already. Ah beans.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Day 1 of getting all of the Montreal defense...
Weber 12.7 points
Petry 12.2

I'm surviving.

Oh and continuing our discussion on Vegas. I noticed Marchessault just dunked 28 points in a single game. Thought, "wow maybe Stastny did something..." And 0.4 points. Oof.

Tuch had 15 points. Farabee put up 8 points. Weber did great and I still lost points already. Ah beans.

Yep, I picked the wrong week to run my mouth, lol

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Figures, Craig Anderson comes back from injury quietly and I don't get him in my lineup while the Sens chase my other goalie Koskinen early. Had an empty goalie slot to get him in if I knew he was coming back last night.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Figures, Craig Anderson comes back from injury quietly and I don't get him in my lineup while the Sens chase my other goalie Koskinen early. Had an empty goalie slot to get him in if I knew he was coming back last night.

Those 10 points won't save you from the onslaught that is The Bull Moose Blueline of PAIN.

Reactions: Sparty

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Breaking news: Jeff Petry of the Benchworth Bullmoose has been traded to the Timbit's team for Oliver Bjorkstrand.

Sources say the Benchworth manager coveted the puns he could make surrounding the eccentric Icelandic singer.

Reactions: Eternal Sunshine

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Thought you were surviving with Petry... man things change fast when bench bucks are on the line.

I love Petry. But once I got Weber I was trying to ice 4 players from the Canadians every time they played. And now that Klingberg is back, Theodore woke up, and Adam Fox might be legit (#11 defender in our league the last 30 days; #7 the last 14 days) - I often couldn't ice all my defenders on a busy gameday, even using the utility slot for one. And of course Burns and Pietrangelo.

Hard to find a dance partner to trade a not-quite keeper like Petry on the blueline for a forward that has the same upside.

The trade that ALMOST happened was for Granlund. I have a soft spot for him that I don't think is very smart for fantasy hockey.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
If its not one thing its the other for me as per usual. I get back Landeskog only to lose a top 30 player in Edler lol

Didn't he have the same back surgery as Zetterberg? Always a bummer to me when these guys are still so good but being held... back. Shit, I didn't mean that pun for once.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
How do you guys feel about allowing off-season trades?

I think it could be really beneficial to allow teams to swap keepers and picks before the draft.

Keep in mind Yahoo doesn't actually support it, so it would have to be tracked and then manually added in September. I was reading a different, and often preferred, fantasy app called Fantrax has these kinds of features. But I guess the app itself isn't nearly as easy or nice to use as Yahoo.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
How do you guys feel about allowing off-season trades?

I think it could be really beneficial to allow teams to swap keepers and picks before the draft.

Keep in mind Yahoo doesn't actually support it, so it would have to be tracked and then manually added in September. I was reading a different, and often preferred, fantasy app called Fantrax has these kinds of features. But I guess the app itself isn't nearly as easy or nice to use as Yahoo.

I don't mind it but I don't expect to do it.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I don't mind it but I don't expect to do it.

The idea would be that a team could secure a player they wanted that someone else is dropping from their roster. So say I decide to drop Burns, but someone else has interest in keeping him... We could exchange picks for the rights.

And mainly I was thinking this would benefit someone like @BinCookin who has Tarasenko on the block. He'll make far more sense to move in the off-season.

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
The idea would be that a team could secure a player they wanted that someone else is dropping from their roster. So say I decide to drop Burns, but someone else has interest in keeping him... We could exchange picks for the rights.

And mainly I was thinking this would benefit someone like @BinCookin who has Tarasenko on the block. He'll make far more sense to move in the off-season.

I think it makes a lot of sense.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Pretty good match between myself and @Winger98 right now. Should come down to the wire!

I was going to make a comment about a battle between the least underachieving roster for the week...and now I see I had a couple of guys way over achieve tonight. So...yeah. I'll hold off until tomorrow when I have a couple of guys run into the negatives again.

You don't have to sell me on the idea, I'm just saying I'm lazy.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
You don't have to sell me on the idea, I'm just saying I'm lazy.

I hear you. I know I won't look at everything closely until September. But I wanted to float the idea now because it would change the landscape of the trade deadline.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I hear you. I know I won't look at everything closely until September. But I wanted to float the idea now because it would change the landscape of the trade deadline.

i think we should have offseason trades as well.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Both my goalies pulled after a combined 9 saves. Welp. Is it a league first to start two goalies that both end with negative points?

Edit: or maybe Yahoo bugged the hell out. Now it's showing Elvis is still playing the whole time. And here I thought I set a record.

Last edited:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
When I hear Mursak’s name it reminds me of the late great Corey Emmerton.

One time at the Joe, my brother and I got picked to go shoot the puck from center at intermission. We were promised a signed stick afterwards. All the legends on that team (Dats, Z, Kronner, etc) and we were given a signed Corey Emmerton stick...

I'd like to formally request @mantha39 donate the Emmerton stick as our league trophy.

Reactions: Ricelund

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I'd like to formally request @mantha39 donate the Emmerton stick as our league trophy.

Seconded.

I hereby declare this stick signed by Corey Emmerton to be the official trophy for the HFWings Fantasy League. Distributed to the champion of said league each year.

I knew somebody would jump on taking Hutton immediately. Enjoy your poison pill. @turkleton85 warned me about him early in the season.

That’s not what I wanted to hear :laugh:

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I hereby declare this stick signed by Corey Emmerton to be the official trophy for the HFWings Fantasy League. Distributed to the champion of said league each year.

If you're serious, we'll start planning shipping costs. Otherwise I have a signed Sean Avery jersey... Which... Well that's something, too.

That’s not what I wanted to hear :laugh:

You might get lucky and Ullmark falls off a cliff or gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad