Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
We make them up as we go :laugh:

But seriously it should be on the website I think under settings

I'm definitely working on creating a unified guide so it's not piecemeal throughout the forum.

For @BinCookin ... The most important thing to note is we have 10 keepers and 3 prospects. You can store 3 NA designated players on your roster assuming they meet our prospect status which is 3 years from draft year or 55 NHL games or less. Goalies get 5 years from draft.

So essentially we carry over 13 players from year to year. This off-season was wonky due to expansion teams added, but it will be much more standardized now.

We do have draft pick trading. The trade deadline should be hopping this year.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
10 Keepers, can I change who my keepers are? Up to a certain date? My team looks like it has 9 Keepers

3 Prospects are not listed on Yahoo correct? We have our own listing I assume. Can I change who those players will be? Deadline?

I see we are doing H2H Points. Weekly wins per week.

DO I get IR spots
?
Sorry Yahoo is the system I know the worst. So cant figure that one out.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
10 Keepers, can I change who my keepers are? Up to a certain date? My team looks like it has 9 Keepers

3 Prospects are not listed on Yahoo correct? We have our own listing I assume. Can I change who those players will be? Deadline?

I see we are doing H2H Points. Weekly wins per week.

DO I get IR spots
?
Sorry Yahoo is the system I know the worst. So cant figure that one out.

Keepers are selected right before the draft, so you can change them over the summer as your leisure. The 3 prospects are not listed, but we do have 3 "NA" spots set aside to stash them so they don't count against the roster. However keep in mind just like the NHL if a team calls up your prospect, you need to make room on your roster for that stint. This is why some players might lose value if they are currently with the NHL team but getting very little minutes or being scratched often.

You do have IR spots! I think 2? I'd have to double check.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Holy smokes, Cory Schneider on waivers. What a fall from grace for him. I had to double check, he's only 33.

In other news, oh hell yeah Blackwood time. My drafting division is hot garbage but my pro scouts have killed it. My roster only has 4 players on it that I drafted last year.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So my old GM only selected 9 keepers? Or did he trade one?

Actually we only had 8 keepers this go. Due to expansion. I'd have to look at the keeper list exactly. It was a mad dash rush to verify everyone's roster at the time, ha.

But yeah, you can make trades and change whoever you want to keep this summer.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Keepers are selected right before the draft, so you can change them over the summer as your leisure. The 3 prospects are not listed, but we do have 3 "NA" spots set aside to stash them so they don't count against the roster. However keep in mind just like the NHL if a team calls up your prospect, you need to make room on your roster for that stint. This is why some players might lose value if they are currently with the NHL team but getting very little minutes or being scratched often.

You do have IR spots! I think 2? I'd have to double check.

How do I know who my 3 prospects are?

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
^^ IT would appear my GM traded away all his NA players, because he doesn't have any LOL. So I have no prospects.

Guess I am in the market for trades ;)

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
^^ IT would appear my GM traded away all his NA players, because he doesn't have any LOL. So I have no prospects.

Guess I am in the market for trades ;)

Probably a consequence of the auto draft. You can add anyone from the free agent/waiver pool. You get 3 roster moves a week and they happen instantly, except for players on waivers.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Oh you'll fit in fine here.
Wouldn't be an HF league with out an obligatory garbage trade offer:
In all seriousness Here is my players immediately on the block because they are too awesome to be on my team, and or I just don't like them:
E. Staal
M. Granlund
M. Zuccarello
J. Gardiner

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Actually we only had 8 keepers this go. Due to expansion. I'd have to look at the keeper list exactly. It was a mad dash rush to verify everyone's roster at the time, ha.

But yeah, you can make trades and change whoever you want to keep this summer.

I'd be tempted to stick with the 8 keepers. Forces some harder decisions and pushes more talent back out into the draft every year. Sort of like how the NHL thought actual free agency would work before teams just started throwing 8 year deals at everyone instead.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
I was going to say the same, I like eight especially because it's going to make it even harder for the two new teams if we do ten again.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'd be tempted to stick with the 8 keepers. Forces some harder decisions and pushes more talent back out into the draft every year. Sort of like how the NHL thought actual free agency would work before teams just started throwing 8 year deals at everyone instead.

I think that's certainly worth considering. We already stomached 8 keepers once, why not keep it rolling. It might help the rebuilding teams come into their own faster, too. Waiting 5 years for your real life team to rebuild is something you stomach, but when we're talking funsies fantasy time, the turnover should be a little faster.

Reactions: Winger98

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
So does it matter who on my team is currently listed with a K for keeper??

i.e. are my choices already locked in. Or will I just pick 8 players when the season ends?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
So does it matter who on my team is currently listed with a K for keeper??

i.e. are my choices already locked in. Or will I just pick 8 players when the season ends?

You can change them anytime before the next draft. It doesn't matter who currently has that tag. Sometime this summer you'll select the ones you want to keep and then I get the list and approve it all before we draft.

This year we will mandate everyone have the same number of kept players so that draft order is maintained and there's no round jumping like during our expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad