OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Did Perfect Human drop out? Seems like they're not setting lineups. Only 70 points this week

And hasn't made a single transaction. And sitting with Tarasenko in their lineup. I understand life happens and things get lost in the shuffle, but it really ruins all the effort if even just 1 or 2 people stop participating.

If nothing is done by the end of the week I'm going to just take over the team, set rosters, and hope for the best until we get a new manager.

As a side note, looking at scoring, I still think we need to tune down goalies. And I say that as someone who is currently leading the league in goalie saves and wins, so I'm shooting myself straight in the foot for the good of the league.

And maybe add a little more value to hits? Encourage a few more bangers in the lineup? And give value to scorers that also muck it up? Spitballing here. Hits are currently only worth 0.2. I feel like a 5 hit game is worth more than 1 point.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
And hasn't made a single transaction. And sitting with Tarasenko in their lineup. I understand life happens and things get lost in the shuffle, but it really ruins all the effort if even just 1 or 2 people stop participating.

If nothing is done by the end of the week I'm going to just take over the team, set rosters, and hope for the best until we get a new manager.

As a side note, looking at scoring, I still think we need to tune down goalies. And I say that as someone who is currently leading the league in goalie saves and wins, so I'm shooting myself straight in the foot for the good of the league.

And maybe add a little more value to hits? Encourage a few more bangers in the lineup? And give value to scorers that also muck it up? Spitballing here. Hits are currently only worth 0.2. I feel like a 5 hit game is worth more than 1 point.
I'm down for that

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Yeah, maybe double hits and take away points for shots against. Not sure why you need points for saves and shots against when they're the same thing essentially, and why should you get points for a shot against that goes in the net anyways?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yeah, maybe double hits and take away points for shots against. Not sure why you need points for saves and shots against when they're the same thing essentially, and why should you get points for a shot against that goes in the net anyways?

It's a delicate balance. I still want the great goalies to be elite fantasy players. But right now the middle of the road goalies are putting up great fantasy numbers a little too much.

Keep in mind I haven't looked at how scoring changes work mid-season. We may need to wait. Or they might be retroactive, meaning close contests could change results. Not ideal but we're still only 3 weeks in.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It's a delicate balance. I still want the great goalies to be elite fantasy players. But right now the middle of the road goalies are putting up great fantasy numbers a little too much.

Keep in mind I haven't looked at how scoring changes work mid-season. We may need to wait. Or they might be retroactive, meaning close contests could change results. Not ideal but we're still only 3 weeks in.
The more you wait, the more of a chance things can go wrong. If changes get made after trades and what not that can impact someone's team significantly.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I would say if there are any changes to scoring, it should coming during the offseason.

Maybe. We all agreed last season and knew goaltending needed work. I'm worried if I don't change it, the key to winning again is just running 6 goalies, as people were doing at the end of last year.

22 of the top 25 highest average point producers are goalies. Only 1 non goalie in the top 10.

Now total points goalies fall back a bit, 7 in the top 25. But it's super efficient rotate in goalies all week and pick up points because they, on average, produce way higher numbers per game.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Maybe. We all agreed last season and knew goaltending needed work. I'm worried if I don't change it, the key to winning again is just running 6 goalies, as people were doing at the end of last year.

22 of the top 25 highest average point producers are goalies. Only 1 non goalie in the top 10.

Now total points goalies fall back a bit, 7 in the top 25. But it's super efficient rotate in goalies all week and pick up points because they, on average, produce way higher numbers per game.

I'll just say my goalies sucked last year and they suck again this year, so I don't really think that having good goalies or a lot of goalies is that much of an advantage, there's more than one way to build a team. I think my team is doing fine. I have four goalies and I know some people have more and less, if you want to make it fair you just pick a set number of goalies for every team and mandate that you can't carry any more or less, I don't think that tweaking the stats is really going to matter if you don't do that.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I'll just say my goalies sucked last year and they suck again this year, so I don't really think that having good goalies or a lot of goalies is that much of an advantage, there's more than one way to build a team. I think my team is doing fine. I have four goalies and I know some people have more and less, if you want to make it fair you just pick a set number of goalies for every team and mandate that you can't carry any more or less, I don't think that tweaking the stats is really going to matter if you don't do that.

That's true. Hmm. Now I don't want to change anything.

Sards

Sep 27, 2013
Alright boys, I know it’s early in the season but auto draft didn’t do me any favors. I think I’m going full tank mode. The shop is open for business. Going to start with the vets for younger players/picks: all goalies, doughty, hornqvist. Frankly, no one on my team is untouchable for the right price, but some will be very very expensive. Shoot the offers out boys!

Reactions: Sparty

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Question about prospects and aging out. I recently picked up Ricard Simek and he has only 43 games played for his career. So, technically, he would qualify for a prospect yes? But does he then automatically become a non-prospect in 7 games or does he remain a prospect throughout the season for the sake of ease of use?

To complicate matters, because it's what I do, he's an undrafted Euro free agent. He's 27 years old, not exactly the typical age of a "prospect."

Also also, for clarities sake, if Simek is a prospect, does that mean I can drop one of my other prospects and carry another non-prospect?

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
on the goalie front, I'm fine with changes but the sooner the better. In the end, I agree with the idea of just straight up limiting goalies carried to two unless one is a prospect. For an immediate change, I'd consider just gimping the saves made stat. Either devalue the points for the number of saves made while bumping for wins/shutouts or see if there is a way to give points for save percentage instead of the raw number of saves. It would still favor goalies who face more shots, but they would still have to stop a similar ratio to those who face fewer.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Question about prospects and aging out. I recently picked up Ricard Simek and he has only 43 games played for his career. So, technically, he would qualify for a prospect yes? But does he then automatically become a non-prospect in 7 games or does he remain a prospect throughout the season for the sake of ease of use?

To complicate matters, because it's what I do, he's an undrafted Euro free agent. He's 27 years old, not exactly the typical age of a "prospect."

Also also, for clarities sake, if Simek is a prospect, does that mean I can drop one of my other prospects and carry another non-prospect?

So the rule as we started is you can have 3 players stashed in NA designation that are within 3 years of their draft and have less than 55 NHL games.

Given a non-trad prospect, I'd say we just use the 55 game rule then. So your man-boy is still technically a prospect.

Now that's a good question if we rule him out the second he reaches 55 games or if that doesn't kick in until the off-season.

Keep in mind due to limits of the Yahoo system soon as a "prospect" is in the NHL he's going to take up that roster spot for you. Thus the roster juggling needed when a guy gets a 9 game call-up to the big team.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
on the goalie front, I'm fine with changes but the sooner the better. In the end, I agree with the idea of just straight up limiting goalies carried to two unless one is a prospect. For an immediate change, I'd consider just gimping the saves made stat. Either devalue the points for the number of saves made while bumping for wins/shutouts or see if there is a way to give points for save percentage instead of the raw number of saves. It would still favor goalies who face more shots, but they would still have to stop a similar ratio to those who face fewer.

If we're going to just carry two goalies I think that's going too far. I'd just not keep any of my goalies and use my last two picks in the draft to take whoever's left, because every team would be assured of two starting goalies.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Alright boys, I know it’s early in the season but auto draft didn’t do me any favors. I think I’m going full tank mode. The shop is open for business. Going to start with the vets for younger players/picks: all goalies, doughty, hornqvist. Frankly, no one on my team is untouchable for the right price, but some will be very very expensive. Shoot the offers out boys!
Sent you an offer

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Looks like sards forgot to get Panarin in his lineup and it cost him the game...ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad