OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Daily Tomorrow means, you can make moves daily, but roster wont reflect it till "tomorrow". One way to deter "streaming", specially in baseball.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
I just created a H2H league and went to read what the settings mean. The one that I called out is the correct setting, it just has horrible wording in the overview screen

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
I can't change that one currently, looks like we will have to endure until next season to have that rule edited

Sorry guys, that was unfamiliar to me as I'm new to Yahoo

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Only if you picked up that goalie the same day. I learned the hard way on this one.

Ohh. Right. So if I pick up a goalie on waivers it takes a day. But if he's on my bench, I can change it immediately. OK, that's what I thought was the situation.

I actually don't mind that rule too much. But the the same for IR sounds annoying.

Quick question: how long until a guy sent to the minors is back to NA? One of my hundred Preds wingers got sent back, ha.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
newbie question: what is streaming with fantasy sports?

Basically picking up players very briefly. So if we didn't have movement limits, everyone would be scrubbing through all the backup goalies trying to pick up them starting soon as it was announced.

It's why you'll notice the "transaction trends" tab is full of backup goalies from people grabbing them for 1 game. Streaming is a common tactic in fantasy football for defenses (pick the best waiver wire defense playing the worst team). And baseball pitchers.

Edit: Figured I should give an example, too. Like right now on my roster, Abby is my "streaming" option because he's on the top line with Larkin. Soon as he's pushed back to the bottom 6, he's going to get dropped by everyone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
Thats explain good Bench.

Winger98, this is usually an issue in Baseball fantasy leagues when it comes to pitchers. Basically you "hit it and quit it" with those players.

Might see it in this league on sundays or saturdays for guys looking for more points to win or keep the lead.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Why do lineups lock at the start of the day? For example, Vas is playing today and I cannot activate him to my active roster because dropping a player doesnt get reflected until tomorrow? No games have started yet...why is this the case?

That didn't happen to me, I wish it would have. I had to drop Beauvillier to activate him and then he didn't end up playing. Beauvillier obv scored a goal while he was no longer on my roster.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
That didn't happen to me, I wish it would have. I had to drop Beauvillier to activate him and then he didn't end up playing. Beauvillier obv scored a goal while he was no longer on my roster.
You can drop them but you can't activate them

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014

Winger98, this is usually an issue in Baseball fantasy leagues when it comes to pitchers. Basically you "hit it and quit it" with those players.

Might see it in this league on sundays or saturdays for guys looking for more points to win or keep the lead.

But you have to plan both one day ahead, so pickups for saturday on friday and on saturday for sunday
Really makes last minute injury decisions difficult, oh well first year of any league always has growing pains!

Reactions: Winger98

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Basically picking up players very briefly. So if we didn't have movement limits, everyone would be scrubbing through all the backup goalies trying to pick up them starting soon as it was announced.

It's why you'll notice the "transaction trends" tab is full of backup goalies from people grabbing them for 1 game. Streaming is a common tactic in fantasy football for defenses (pick the best waiver wire defense playing the worst team). And baseball pitchers.

Edit: Figured I should give an example, too. Like right now on my roster, Abby is my "streaming" option because he's on the top line with Larkin. Soon as he's pushed back to the bottom 6, he's going to get dropped by everyone.

Ah, so like Chiasson and Tanev for me. Except I could probably ditch both now. Wouldn't mind being able to flip goalies in and out, though. Lately mine either haven't been playing or have gotten shelled. Then again I was looking at Cam Ward before this week started because Chicago plays four games this week and I figured he'd see some action....and he did, and gave up five goals.

If there's a team whose goalie you want cursed, and they're available to pick up, let me know and I'll do my best.

the "grab whatever goalie is playing Carolina" tactic.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Ah, so like Chiasson and Tanev for me. Except I could probably ditch both now.

I wish you would have ditched them. Chiasson throwing up 13 points, come on man. You erased a 40 point deficit tonight. Meanwhile I had to make sure one of my skaters even played tonight because he literally put up 0's in every column. He did play. Plenty.

Going to come down to Sunday.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Hope you all got a nice close look at my latest fantasy star Ben Harpur tonight. 5 blocked shots against the Wings. Going to block my way to the championship.

Reactions: mantha39 and Sparty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad