OT: HFWings Keeper Fantasy Hockey League: Season One

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
The Lidstrom Division is insanely close right now. Unless something strange happens in the games this weekend, we'll be looking at 3 teams moving to 6-4 records and the remaining 3 teams moving to 5-5 records. Also possible it could be 4 teams at 6-4 and 2 at 5-5.

Point being, 1 game separation between everyone in the division. Guys, this isn't helping me decide to buy or sell right now.

keep everyone and attack!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I have a 5th rounder I can give you for Pietrangelo :naughty:

Throw in a guy you were about to put on waivers anyway and I'll let it sit on my pending trades queue for a week.

EDIT: You know what, I'm double upset at the Blackwood news. Because I just realized not only does it significantly hurt my playoff chances in our fun league, but it also means the Devils are in full tank mode and it's also going to screw the Red Wings. Kid won them an OT game with 37 saves, oh hell, better get him off the roster, we're going for that #1 overall.

Last edited:

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Throw in a guy you were about to put on waivers anyway and I'll let it sit on my pending trades queue for a week.

EDIT: You know what, I'm double upset at the Blackwood news. Because I just realized not only does it significantly hurt my playoff chances in our fun league, but it also means the Devils are in full tank mode and it's also going to screw the Red Wings. Kid won them an OT game with 37 saves, oh hell, better get him off the roster, we're going for that #1 overall.

Mikko Koivu?

jprenkert

Mar 7, 2014
Metro Detroit
I cant seem to catch a break. Feel like i have a very solid team, but always end up losing. I think i can rebound thought. how many teams in playoffs again?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
3 each division i think

I think it's two division champs and four Wild Cards actually. There have been weeks where there were four in one division and two in the other if you look at the Playoffs tab on the league page.

Reactions: Bench

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Sweet so i still have a chance.

Everyone in our division has a chance. First place is 6-4. Last place is 5-5. Although keep in mind the tie breaker appears to be total points, not head-to-head. So for example I bested Eternal Sunshine but he has literally one more point than me, so he's a spot in front of me. One point out of over 4000. That's how close we are right now, it's pretty crazy.

So guys, anyone interested in a prospect like Tolvanen? Necas? Boqvist? I know some of you are particularly high on Necas. But I don't want a prospect back.

Last edited:

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Everyone in our division has a chance. First place is 6-4. Last place is 5-5. Although keep in mind the tie breaker appears to be total points, not head-to-head. So for example I bested Eternal Sunshine but he has literally one more point than me, so he's a spot in front of me. One point out of over 4000. That's how close we are right now, it's pretty crazy.

So guys, anyone interested in a prospect like Tolvanen? Necas? Boqvist? I know some of you are particularly high on Necas. But I don't want a prospect back.

I would be interested in Necas/ Pics for a vet or two.

turkleton85

Dec 12, 2017
I think it's two division champs and four Wild Cards actually. There have been weeks where there were four in one division and two in the other if you look at the Playoffs tab on the league page.

btw, sorry for the repeated danault offer, but i thought for piri you would do it XD

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
No worries man. Not much interest in Danault and I'm going to roll with Pirri for a while longer since he and Stastny have been pretty good together for me.

If anyone wants a defenseman hit me up, I'm open to moving anyone other than Nurse and Barrie.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
It hasn't really helped me all that much, my goaltending is killing me these days. Things were going great while I had Casey DeSmith on my roster and Matt Murray was hurt, those days are long gone though now.

Reactions: mantha39
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
It hasn't really helped me all that much, my goaltending is killing me these days. Things were going great while I had Casey DeSmith on my roster and Matt Murray was hurt, those days are long gone though now.

Trade back? ;)

I did pick Carter Hart up off waivers which has saved my ass.

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Wondering how keepers are done since I have never done a league like this before.

Do you just have to submit a list by a deadline and then after that deadline is passed all other team lists are disclosed to the rest of the league?

I notice that when you offer up a trade you can trade your 24th round pick, but since we're going to have ten keepers we shouldn't have 24 rounds, just 14, right? Is this because you have to choose keepers offline? I don't see anything about keepers in the league settings.

Just trying to wrap my head around this. If we're all just inputting our keepers with our first ten picks, then swapping a fourth round pick for a third round pick is kind of useless.

Reactions: mantha39

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Just trying to wrap my head around this. If we're all just inputting our keepers with our first ten picks, then swapping a fourth round pick for a third round pick is kind of useless.

I don't know how it works functionally with Yahoo, but the spirit of it is to allow all our non-keepers back into the draft pool and then draft again to fill out our roster with new prospects (like juicy Hughes) or tasty veterans.

Now like you said, number of picks is definitely going to be a bit wonky. There's our 10 veterans and 3 prospects. So that's potentially 13 picks not used. I'd assume the system just doesn't let you draft anymore once you have filled the roster limit? I guess theoretically a person doesn't need to keep all their prospects (or they aged out) and will need more picks than others.

All good questions!

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
Maybe just do the whole draft offline and then input the results afterwards? I have done drafts on Gchat and just inputted the results in after and it's fine. Would mean a lot of work for the commish but probably would be the only way to account for the wonky nature of our league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->