Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Whoa, I am the only guy not voting Zegras! He's a likely choice, but
I question what he would do away from that powerhouse USDP team. Krebs has excelled on a weak CHL team, with little to no help, and apparently plays a good 200' game, also.

Either would be a good choice, IMO. The latest NHL Central Scouting rankings have Krebs slipping down. If teams draft anywhere near that model, then Krebs is a realistic pick for us at #12. Zegras, not so much.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I question what he would do away from that powerhouse USDP team. Krebs has excelled on a weak CHL team, with little to no help, and apparently plays a good 200' game, also.

Either would be a good choice, IMO. The latest NHL Central Scouting rankings have Krebs slipping down. If teams draft anywhere near that model, then Krebs is a realistic pick for us at #12. Zegras, not so much.
I like both players. I just voted for Zegras because I believe his skill and playmaking ability is something this team lacks. That’s not to say Krebs isn’t a great playmaker, and I think Krebs could very well end up being a very good player in the NHL, Zegras just has that level of being dynamic that I like. If he can improve his foot speed, which I definately think he can with a good summer or two, he will be a Calder contender. 20 goal, 60 assist upside IMO.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I haven't seen Zegras described as a player that's strictly benefited from being on a stacked team. He was moved to Hughes' wing mostly because they have Hughes and Turcotte as their top 2 centers and Zegras is too talented to be the 3C. Not to say that he couldn't end up struggling without the USNTDP team, but from what I've read about him his potential draft position has more to do with his individual talent than his stats being inflated due to being on a stacked team. Hughes and Turcotte might be the only 2 guys on that team who are mostly immune to that kind of skepticism.

Caufield is the guy that I think has the most potential to drop off in production away from that roster, but that might have more to do with if he can adapt his size to the NHL game the same way that other smaller guys have like Debrincat and Gaudreau. I've seen reports on Caufield that he'd be a top 3 pick if he was 3-4 inches taller.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, I haven't seen Zegras described that way, but it's common sense that things are easier when you are on a loaded team, playing
Against lesser competition ( USHL), for the most part. While you do have to fight for ice time on such a team, once you do get it, it's party time, especially if your team is spending 60% of the time in the O zone.

Krebs might benefit from getting all the top PP TOI on a weak team, but he will also be keyed on constantly, bottled up in his own zone, and just get physically and mentally tired playing against better teams, in a better league. Doing it all yourself gets tiring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad