HFWild - Forum Suggestions/Questions/Ideas

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Hey All,

In an effort to improve our forum, we'd like to dedicate a thread for any questions, suggestions, or comments you have to improve HFWild. (ex: less condensed threads, merging; more one-off topical threads)

Treat this thread like a suggestion box - We'd like to hear your thoughts & ideas to make HFWild a better place to discuss, hang out, debate, relax, etc.

1.) PLEASE - Don't vent without providing a possible solution to any problems. This will prevent discussion from dead-ending and becoming solely about the issue, rather than a potential resolution.

2.) ALSO - If you have any issues with moderation, we'd be happy to discuss politely via PM or email ONLY. (per site rule, #17)

Thanks,

- HFWild Moderation Team

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
One suggestion I heard a few weeks back was that threads were too condensed/categorized.

In an effort to improve, I've been posting any recent newsworthy info as a standalone thread instead of bumping/combining with an existing thread.

We encourage everyone to create threads if you think the news is discussion-worthy, and there isn't an existing thread that would encompass the topic already.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I think there is a bit too much thread condensing. Makes all the redundant material we go over feel that much more redundant. :)

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
The layout should be modernized as this looks quite horrible on desktop. It's fine on mobile though. Desktop mode should feature more functionalities like the top ribbon from the NHL.com which would show the scores via some API if found from NHL.com or from stats.com or via another provider so anyone could see the scores in the desktop mode. There also could be links on the ribbon to the GDT's on each side.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I like the layout of this site on desktop, as long as my adblocker is on. Using it without the adblocker makes it clunky for me.

I guess you could break down the "other pro sports" thread into their own sections: T-Wolves, Twins, Vikings, ect could all have a separate thread. Or even NFL, MLB, NBA, ect...

Personally, I could care less about any of the Minny teams (or the NBA) besides the Wild. So not really of any use to me, and pushes other topics the interest me further down the list.

There is overlap in the GDT, Wild Gen Disc, and Player threads. But that's kind of the nature of the beast in discussions forums and it'll happen. No real solution other than to train everyone where/what to post. But it breaks up the flow of discussions as things go off on whatever tangent. I'm fine with it as is, just an observation.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
No more apples in the vending machine.

It's for your own good. ;)

I think there is a bit too much thread condensing. Makes all the redundant material we go over feel that much more redundant. :)

Working on this... Let us know how we're doing.

The layout should be modernized as this looks quite horrible on desktop. It's fine on mobile though. Desktop mode should feature more functionalities like the top ribbon from the NHL.com which would show the scores via some API if found from NHL.com or from stats.com or via another provider so anyone could see the scores in the desktop mode. There also could be links on the ribbon to the GDT's on each side.

Mods don't have any control over site layout, but we've heard sites improvements are coming. No definitive date.

I like the layout of this site on desktop, as long as my adblocker is on. Using it without the adblocker makes it clunky for me.

I guess you could break down the "other pro sports" thread into their own sections: T-Wolves, Twins, Vikings, ect could all have a separate thread. Or even NFL, MLB, NBA, ect...

Personally, I could care less about any of the Minny teams (or the NBA) besides the Wild. So not really of any use to me, and pushes other topics the interest me further down the list.

There is overlap in the GDT, Wild Gen Disc, and Player threads. But that's kind of the nature of the beast in discussions forums and it'll happen. No real solution other than to train everyone where/what to post. But it breaks up the flow of discussions as things go off on whatever tangent. I'm fine with it as is, just an observation.

HF's parent company, Crave Online controls digital ads. I agree they're overwhelming, but that revenue stream keeps HF afloat. Necessary evil. Like I mentioned above, site improvements are coming that will hopefully improve user experience.

If anyone's passionate about the Vikings, Timberwolves, Twins, Lynx, Swarm, MN United FC, etc. - We encourage you to create a dedicated thread. We're working on less thread condensation. :)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I'm liking the separate threads so far, even if they don't get a ton of attention. It helps as a source of news, and it can give attention to articles or small things that pop up to the people who don't follow the general threads. When guests pop in to see what we're talking about or stay current, it's much easier to find relevent topics.

Also, I think having threads like the prediction threads or polls help too. There are people who post in those that aren't too active otherwise. I think a combination of all of these things helps with participation.

I can't think of any other ongoing contest type threads that wouldn't be overkill during the season with the other prediction thread, but maybe someone else has an idea that would be cool.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I'm liking the separate threads so far, even if they don't get a ton of attention. It helps as a source of news, and it can give attention to articles or small things that pop up to the people who don't follow the general threads. When guests pop in to see what we're talking about or stay current, it's much easier to find relevent topics.

Also, I think having threads like the prediction threads or polls help too. There are people who post in those that aren't too active otherwise. I think a combination of all of these things helps with participation.

I can't think of any other ongoing contest type threads that wouldn't be overkill during the season with the other prediction thread, but maybe someone else has an idea that would be cool.

Poll for how many minutes will Suter play for that night's game. :naughty:

I do like the injury threads. We could have a fantasy thread where people could come for advice on Wild players?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Poll for how many minutes will Suter play for that night's game. :naughty:

I do like the injury threads. We could have a fantasy thread where people could come for advice on Wild players?

Try it out - Worst case scenario it falls off the 1st page in a couple days. You'll never know unless you try. :yo:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I'm liking the separate threads, as well. Keeps newsworthy things like injuries at the forefront rather than getting buried in a mega thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad