HFWF: The Reboot VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
While you kids fight over your toy belts, the real best trio will be decided when The Outcasts and PWC go to war.

We are the lions of HFWF and instead of complaining about how small our enclosures are, now we're breaking out and taking over. Everyone walking into the NTR crowd knows that even though the belts aren't involved, the real best team in HFWF will be proven later that night.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Sorry was just listing the stakes to your match.

Not every match needs a shiny prize. Proving we are the most dominant faction in HFWF is prize enough. Every fan of HFWF knows the history between Outcasts and PWC and they know which match at NTR will have the truly meaningful result.

Reactions: Mitchy

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Not every match needs a shiny prize. Proving we are the most dominant faction in HFWF is prize enough. Every fan of HFWF knows the history between Outcasts and PWC and they know which match at NTR will have the truly meaningful result.

*laughs in champion*

giphy.gif

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Hey Guys Cid Phoenix here from WrestleBlog.net with the Man behind the incredible magic of the weekend and HFWF as a whole @M.C.G. 31 . Thanks for taking the time to do this I know you must be incredibly busy.

MCG: No problem, Glad to do it.
e4xF5jj.jpg

Well uh, no point starting with a softball let's get right into the nitty gritty, who since last years Night To Remember has most impressed you?

MCG: Man, there's a lot who have taken advantage of the freedom I allow when it comes to creative and pitching ideas and collaborating, and just grabbing that brass ring in general.

I mean, right off the top, Falco Lombardi wasn't even on last year's Night to Remember card and look at him now. Tag champion, took the former HFWF World champion to his limit and most would agree that it was that Falco performance that led to the downfall of Fro's title reign.

Disclose has been on the ball right from the beginning, but ever since that unsanctioned match with ColePens, Disclose went from one level and just went all the way to the freaking top.

UnrealMachine, Scandale du Jour, they've been money. Gongshow has continued his torrid pace to the top. All of The Outcasts are shining, we all know what they can do but I feel like a lot of people slept on Serac and he's really shining over these last few months. Fro's reinvented himself and it is so money.

We have so many guys. I could go all day, but it's just been money. We've had some disappointments and rough patches since Night to Remember last year, but you can't win them all, right? I feel like we're batting really, really well though.

PYlVCd5.jpg

El Dandy and End Of Line recently came back ,have you reached out to any other HFWF alumni to see if they are interested?

MCG: No. I don't really reach out to former guys. The only one I wanted was CrimsonSkorpion, but he's fallen off the face of the planet it seems and won't return any calls or texts. Oh, and Presumido, but he's moved on as well. End of Line, El Dandy, they all reached out to me. Even NYGRYK, I don't know how many people remember him, but he reached out and never got back to me so he lost his opportunity to come back.

End of Line returned. He got all excited and caught up in the hype of the HFWF's return, and I hadn't heard from him since we folded. I think he legitimately has been living in seclusion all this time, and hey, the more power to him to live a life like that. He never texted me or anything, he simply rang me on a payphone a long while before we brought him back to TV.

El Dandy legitimately got in contact with me through pigeon courier. I don't know how people got wind of that story, or if the pigeon stopped at Dave Meltzer's house on its way to me to give Dave the scoop, but yeah, that's what happened. I didn't reply because I was shocked and then the guy sent a message from his Sweetbutt YouTube page to the HFWF Official YouTube page and the media guy told me to take a look and that's how that communication started. I was hesitant to bring El Dandy back, there was a lot I had to go through with legal to bring him back, but we got it done, and... what can I say? He's one of the best promos in the biz even 5 years off TV and working in obscure places, and he's mellowed out and matured, so getting two main event caliber guys in End of Line and El Dandy is a big get for us to keep things fresh, but I'm not looking to bring back any other HFWF originals in the immediate future, but it can change if injuries happen, plans change, or if they reach out to me but I won't be reaching out to anyone.

KU4qcJm.jpg

How do you keep upping each pay per view from the last?

MCG: It's all in the stories and psychology and having an ear to what the fans want. There's a lot of storytelling in our matches and PPV culminations, and a lot of callbacks. We try to be a wrestling promotion where everything matters and you need to be paying attention and can't look away even for 5 seconds because you may miss something that'll come back and play a part in the big climax of a rivalry on PPV that'll be a HUGE part of the story, but you wouldn't even realize it if you weren't paying attention. There's so many subtleties.

I tell our guys, hey... pay attention, if the match before you working a shoulder, work a different limb. If you guys have been in wars for 6 months and you lockup to start your match when it doesn't call for it, I'm chewing you out on your way through the curtain.

There's layers to our stories in the HFWF and those always play a part in our matches and constantly topping pay-per-views, and not letting rivalries overstay their welcome. I know you in particular, Cid, had a problem with Disclose/Peter, but in my opinion, that was some of the finest work we had in the HFWF with a picture perfect crescendo to end their rivalry that was going on for about 6 months. It's the subtleties in the stories and constantly building and evolving them, along with keeping an ear and paying attention to what fans want.

v2Ey02F.jpg

Some people...
(Cid gives a sheepish shrug), seem to think that the immense high quality of your weekly shows sometimes makes it hard for HFWF to take it to another level at your pay per views, just in the last few weeks you've had Fro and Falco, AC and ColePens, yourself and Serac. Everyone one of those was an amazing matches for free. As the boss what do you say to these guys to motivate them to go one step further? Or maybe the guys who are more midcard at the moment who watch those matches and think “How am I supposed to top that at Night to Remember"?

MCG: Go out there and do it. I can't hold their hand through everything. When they're in that ring, it's on them to top what's on TV. We have a PPV every 2 months or so. We have so many high level performers. I can't not give away good matches on TV, otherwise we wouldn't be bringing news fan in BECAUSE of those great TV matches who then buy the PPV to see even BETTER wrestling in most cases. All I can say to those talents is to step up. Our fan base and viewership has grown every single month since January 2019 when we had our reboot. Advertisers are interested, the network wants to increase our time for TV, there's a demand for more PPVs because of the in-ring product, so if anyone in the locker room sees something great on TV and wonders "how do I top that?" they better figure out a way, because there's a whole locker room looking to climb ahead of them and climb into the title picture and be featured more prominently.

LDhRdbS.jpg

There was just another company who had their big wrestling event, what do you say to fans who watched that and why they should watch yours?

MCG: Hey, we can name AEW. All Elite Wrestling. They're great. They're competition, but it's friendly competition. Hell, they loaned us Kenny Omega for a PPV.

I actually meant Wrestl...

MCG: I tell those fans that there's some amazing wrestling available to them that's completely different from what they've been fed for the past two decades and to check out both companies. Professional wrestling is great, there's room for so many companies and we, as fans, should all want to see it flourish and be the best it can be, and this is the best it's been in decades.

As for the SELL for Night to Remember, the card is our most stacked card in history. This is a year in the making for this card. Like I said earlier, the seeds have been planted for so many of these matches for a long time... most from the very beginning, hell, the title match has been building for eight years. Take that in. EIGHT. AC and I have been in the opening of Night to Remember for the U.S. Title, we've been in Hell in a Cell, and now we're in the main event for the World Title. This show is the end of the "first season" of the HFWF Reboot, and it's been a wild ride and this end isn't going to be a disappointment. I'm saying it now, this is will be the best show the HFWF has ever put on.

G1KkZbF.jpg

Have you considered a HFWF women's division?

MCG: We have, but at this very moment it wouldn't be fair to me to sign women and barely use them. If we ever expanded to two hours again, it's a possibility, but I fear the idea of "hoarding" female talent from other companies and not giving them their due. If we bring them in, we're not dropping the ball at the start. They'd be treated just like the men - excellent 20-minute TV matches, even better and longer PPV matches, main events, all that. They'd be promoted the same as the men, so right now I can't really say they're in the cards for the immediate future, but never say never.

I will say we may be bringing in another woman to join our commentary team, though, so keep an eye out for that.

Excluding your own match as we will come to that later, your thoughts on the card for Night To Remember?

MCG: Like I said I think this is the most stacked card.

Our tag division has been building for over a year and is loaded with tremendous talent in my opinion, and you take some of the four best teams and put them against each other? That's great as it is. Then take the fact that it's Night to Remember and we have to make things bigger and throw in Tables, Ladders & Chairs? It's going to be chaotic and I know all 8 of those guys in that match are going to give it their all and try to steal the show like they always try to do.

PWC vs. Outcasts... they were a part of the first ever WarGames. It's been building, and building, and building... and they're finally getting their proper battle on the biggest stage in the HFWF. It's going to be a war. All these guys are looking to prove their worth -- The Outcasts first match as a unit since last year's Payback against Mount Rushmore, and the Penguins Wrecking Crew firing on all cylinders.

Gongshow vs. End of Line is going to be wild, man. You have one guy who was a part of "the machine" and the other who IS a part of it with different mindset and philosophies. If there's anyone who can counter the voices in Gongshow's head, it's End of Line. It's intriguing as hell.

Disclose vs. Fro have only had one battle in nearly a year and a half in singles competition. That is wild in my opinion, and now the roles are reversed: Disclose is the fighting champion who the crowd is behind, and Fro is the one who's flipped the switch and feels betrayed by the audience and a general demographic. These two are such hard hitting talents, they have all the agility in the world, they can literally work any style and quite frankly, I think that's the match I'm most excited for, personally. They're going to tear the house down.

El Dandy vs. ColePens... Dandy's first singles match back, and, yeah... I've seen the things online, and even Dandy and Cole have told me, "you gotta do it, you gotta do it, there's so much fire here." I won't lie, I wasn't going to have this match on Night to Remember - I was going to keep it at five matches, but it's our biggest show, and this match is one of our biggest and has the most engagement of the audience behind it so I couldn't pass up on it. When these two are out there in the ring together fighting, talking, whatever it is, the fans are going wild. I never expected this. They click so well and these are two guys I'm huge fans of so it's another one I'm looking for to.

I'm really proud of the card we've put together here and not really "forcing" anything. I feel like everything makes sense on this card and has been building to it for a very good length of time.

kscEU1I.jpg

Which match for Night To Remember, other than yours, are you most looking forward to?

MCG: Take your pick between Disclose vs. Fro, El Dandy vs. ColePens or PWC vs. Outcasts. I'm looking forward to all of them, honestly, but if I had to pick one...... ugh.... Dandy vs. Cole. The dynamic with two members of "The Machine" fighting it out tips the scales in their favour.

With getting ready for Night To Remember and setting up G1 right after how much time have you had to train and be focused just on your match with AC? He has solely focused on you. Will you be ready for him?

MCG: Let's put it like this - AC knows me, and I know AC. AC knows that even when my plate is full, my eye is always on the prize. AC and I have wrestled all over the world, he has some wins, I have some wins, but the only one that ultimately matters is this one.

Yeah, I've been setting up Night to Remember. Yeah, I've been organizing the Kings of Wrestling G1. But that's just part of life. My plate is full but I always find time to train. Midnight, 3am, 5am, 6am, doesn't matter when, but I get the workout in, and then I mentally prepare. When I have downtime, I'm watching his matches and I'm looking at things I did wrong in previous battles and I'm looking at his tendencies, and I know he's doing the same for me.

Legendary AC being solely focused on me still isn't even good enough to beat me when I'm only 50% focused on him, but this time around my preparation and focus is on point. Legendary AC has never stepped into the ring with this version of MCG. I'm in the best shape of my life and I'm just getting started so when I finish up this interview, I'm going to go do some more Fan Fest stuff, then I'm going to go layout Night to Remember and get the production stuff on point, and then tonight at about 1am I'm going to get my workout in, I'm going to wake up 6am, do more studying, and then it's off to the arena for Night to Remember where I beat AC and I keep my championship.

uQIbuzh.jpg

I am being told our time is done. I thank you for this time and all your contributions to making HFWF and wrestling as a whole better.

MCG: Good talking to you, Cid.

Last edited:

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
spP90mV.jpg
GDT: HFWF NIGHT TO REMEMBER 2020
Page 1 of 31 2 3
Third Mitchketeer
4-30-2020 9:15 PM​
168483.jpg
This is it boys and girls!
Here is the card
VlmeBpg.jpg

HFWF WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
IF LEGENDARY AC LOSES, HE MUST JOIN THE MACHINE
MCG (c) vs. LEGENDARY AC
Zw4Yyei.png

HFWF ALL CLASS CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
DISCLOSE (c) vs. FRO
9lCfMyv.png

HFWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH; TABLES, LADDERS & CHAIRS
FALCO LOMBARDI & COR (c) vs. EMPEROREDDY & PETERSIDORKIEWICZ vs. DR PEPPER & JBELL vs. BONMORRISON & PARIS IN FLAMES
rOnTLZQ.png

SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
THE OUTCASTS (MITCHY, SEIDON & SERAC) vs. THE PENGUINS WRECKING CREW (COLEPENS, UNREALMACHINE & SCANDALE DU JOUR)
Ai3Mk81.png

THE GONSHOW vs. END OF LINE
RlEjS7e.png

COLEPENS vs. EL DANDY
K151wa7.png

MCG's Shovel
4-30-2020 9:24 PM​
business_man_hiding_behind_shovel_crop_150x150.jpg
What time is it for AC? Its Burying Time!
Steve Bourbon
4-30-2020 9:27 PM​
MCG's Shovel said:
What time is it for AC? Its Burying Time!

No way. AC is winning. It is his time. Plus AC owns MCG. For those who have forgotten.

tumblr_o3dlhbb14r1sbzhteo1_400.gif

dean-ambrose-3793-dirty-deeds-to-triple-h-on-raw.gif
MachoMansGhost
4-30-2020 9:28 PM​
macho-man-savage-costume-wrestling-retro-classic-s-men-s-t-shirt.jpg
Steve Bourbon said:
No way. AC is winning. It is his time. Plus AC owns MCG. For those who have forgotten.

I agree but at the same time AC joining the Machine would be a huge swerve that is perfect for Night to Remember. Plus I have seen others point out MCG has lost to AC 2x it may be time for MCG to get back one of those. AC failing to win and then winning as part of the Machine is also great storytelling. Point being, an AC win or loss means we get some amazing storytelling.
Steve Bourbon
4-30-2020 9:29 PM​
MachoMansGhost said:
I agree but at the same time AC joining the Machine would be a huge swerve that is perfect for Night to Remember. Plus I have seen others point out MCG has lost to AC 2x it may be time for MCG to get back one of those. AC failing to win and then winning as part of the Machine is also great storytelling. Point being, an AC win or loss means we get some amazing storytelling.

That is a good point. AC losing does in an odd way make sense. Him only being champion as part of the Machine is something I could buy into but lets face it AC is winning.
The Yes Man
4-30-2020 9:30 PM​
mFTa9oC.gifg
El Dandy and Cole added at the last possible second is an amazing twist. I really thought They were going to save that, but here we go.
Captian Charisma
4-30-2020 9:30 PM​
Christian-WWE-100x100.jpg
TLC is going to be a train wreck.
Solid Snake
4-30-2020 9:36 PM​
41QSNGclreL._SL500_AC_SS100_.jpg
Captian Charisma said:
TLC is going to be a train wreck.

I assume you meant in a good way. That match would have to try to fail.
Captian Charisma
4-30-2020 9:38 PM​
Christian-WWE-100x100.jpg
Solid Snake said:
I assume you meant in a good way. That match would have to try to fail.

LOL. Yeah totally meant in a good way. Just going to be non stop carnage.
ColePens Perfection
4-30-2020 9:42 PM​
68936.jpg
Two ColePens matches means it truly will be a night to remember.
Captain Insano
4-30-2020 9:45 PM​
avatars-000058096705-n6q403-large.jpg
Steve Bourbon said:
That is a good point. AC losing does in an odd way make sense. Him only being champion as part of the machine is something I could buy into but lets face it AC is winning.

Yeah it is time for AC to finally win. Part of me wants it to be like twenty seconds long.
dave meltzer's informant
4-30-2020 9:47 PM​
ThinkstockPhotos-801242066-100x100.jpg,qv=1509138689.pagespeed.ce.omm4q6_Feo.jpg
I have heard multiple sources say that MCG is going to win and Just as many say AC is. I think they don't even know. my head says AC but I would not be surprised to see MCG pull it off either.
BoneSaw
4-30-2020 9:50 PM​
bone-saw-mcgraw.jpg
This card is so STACKED.I think the only downside is that it seems easy to predict. AC is winning. Tag Title match I have to think we get new champions but I also don't think Peter and Eddy win and Bon and Paris just lost so that leaves Bell Peppers. Outcasts seem poised to win, Dandy over Cole. EoL seems like a good bet and that only leaves Fro and Disclose as the only real question mark in my book. That one could go either way.
I still BOlieve
4-30-2020 9:54 PM​
780079f6f3f945bc1e079a4b45a2b189fba333fd692092cef1f5bd2f557be25f_thumb_medium
Steve Bourbon said:

If AC wins I think we see my boy Gong cash in. That would be amazing.
The Yes Man
4-30-2020 9:56 PM​
mFTa9oC.gifg
I still BOlieve said:
If AC wins I think we see my boy Gong cash in. That would be amazing.

Surprise more people are not saying this. Yeah AC probably wins but Gong cash in in right away would be a fun ending too.
Steamboat Ricky
4-30-2020 9:59 PM​
33101227468_7e06706a5e_q.jpg
My pet turtle Manicurist says that AC is Winning and so is Fro, Bell Pepper, El Dandy, Outcasts, and Gongshow

But the turtle pedicurist says AC is joining the Machine. They also said Disclose is retaining, Peter and Eddy are winning and so is End of Line. He did agree that Outcasts and Dandy are winning though.
Legendary DC
4-30-2020 10:04 PM​
fgDLvt5.jpg
So the only thing they agree on is ColePens is not winning anything. Nice.
The Shock Master
4-30-2020 10:07 PM​
jedi_shock_master.png
BoneSaw said:
This card is so STACKED.I think the only downside is that it seems easy to predict. AC is winning. Tag Title match I have to think we get new champions but I also don't think Peter and Eddy win and Bon and Paris just lost so that leaves Bell Peppers. Outcasts seem poised to win, Dandy over Cole. EoL seems like a good bet and that only leaves Fro and Disclose as the only real question mark in my book. That one could go either way.

Not even Peter and Eddy think they have a chance in that Tag Title match.
Wario
4-30-2020 10:11 PM​
latest
Oh that's Harsh.

I personally think Gong loses to EoL and then cashes in on AC.
GeogiaSportsGuy
4-30-2020 10:13 PM​
john_cena_titantron_logo_png_by_ambriegnsasylum16_dakyinl-150.png
as i said in the prediction thread., i think we see all the titles change. mcg is going to lose and so will disclose and bfe. this will lead to the dawn of the blueprint dynasty.
then in the main event blueprint helps ac win and they control all the belts.
this then in turn leads to blueprint vs machine.
Captain Insano
4-30-2020 10:18 PM​
avatars-000058096705-n6q403-large.jpg
I am actually surprised no one has mentioned Gong and End of Line much. That could steal the show.
ColePens Perfection
4-30-2020 10:23 PM​
68936.jpg
Captain Insano said:
I am actually surprised no one has mentioned Gong and End of Line much. That could steal the show.

I don't think so. both guys are stalkers in the ring which means it is going to be slow and probably filled with rest holds.
BoneSaw
4-30-2020 10:32 PM​
bone-saw-mcgraw.jpg
GeogiaSportsGuy said:
as i said in the prediction thread., i think we see all the titles change. mcg is going to lose and so will disclose and bfe. this will lead to the dawn of the blueprint dynasty.
then in the main event blueprint helps ac win and they control all the belts.
this then in turn leads to blueprint vs machine.

This is an interesting theory. The main issue though is Blueprint is clearly a heel faction and so is Machine. but I guess that could be fixed with the Outcasts and maybe even a Face PWC. Blueprint would still have the advantage with four members to all the others 3.
MCG, Gong, Dandy
Mitchy, SeidoN, Serac
Cole, Scandale, Unreal
Could be fun.
JR's Hat
4-30-2020 10:34 PM​
Jim-Ross-100x100.jpg
This will be the night the Machine takes control.
MCG wins
Gong wins then also cashes in on the winner of Fro/Disclose
Dandy wins.
AC joins

Even if Cole leaves you still have Unreal and Scandale sticking around meaning a top faction of six guys who run amok over the rest of the HFWF
Mr. Pipebomb
4-30-2020 10:48 PM​
images
Doesn't matter what they do, wont top WrestleMania from a few weeks ago.
Page 1 of 31 2 3
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad