HFWF SLAMMY AWARDS: Babyface of the Year

offkilter

Jan 18, 2014
The pop for Bayley on her debut was huge and despite not doing much so far she is still over with the crowd pretty much everywhere. Look at what she did to Charlotte's promo in Glasgow just by being there.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I went New Day because despite everything they have been one of the most over acts of the entire year as babyfaces, and broke Demolition's record in the process.

Tired or not they always get huge pops.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yep...making this poll it was tough to find someone to stand out from the rest, but Ambrose probably had the most complete year. Great promo, great presence all over the card, babyface 100% of the time, largely had the crowd on his side until he started working with AJ and let's face it... it's AJ. Final two in the Royal Rumble, great mini-feud with HHH, did the bulk of the work in his program with Lesnar, won the World Title and has been a workhorse.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Other: DIY.

The babyface side of things has been very weak compared the heels in general, but DIY have been pure babyface and have had a great run this year. They haven have the match in the CWC against each other going on. The great 'when is Ciampa going to turn on Gargano' has been going so long it's great, and I really hope they get to pay it off down the line.

Ambrose has had a good year as the workhorse, but I'm just not high on him. New Day have been good, but they're so much better as heel. Bayley is great as always, but DIY stills gets the vote over her.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Ambrose, easy.

He managed to keep getting good pops, even when he got boring and stale before the AJ feud. And he's been killing it ever since.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Process of elimination:

Seth and AJ were heels for half the year so no.

Roman is an epic fail as a face.

Zayn/Ziggler/Bayley/Sasha all had moments but not consistency

John Cena has missed a fair amount of the year.

So it comes down to Nakamura vs the New Day. I voted New Day

Dean Ambrose has reverted to boring not involved with Seth mode

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad