HFWF OT XV: Virtanen18 vs. PeterSidorkiewicz for the European Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
MCG... a loooong storyline down the road for hfwf. You lose ownership of hfwf, we form a tag team to win it back- the golden gym bros.

We go from not trusting one another to being dominant and winning back hfwf.

Then u put the shovel heel turn and turn on me in a triple threat title match.
Instead of a shovel it’d be a barbell in this situation

Reactions: ColePens

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i pay 28$...... i cant even call my parents outside of Quebec province, in Ottawa. lollll
we f***ing suck.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Who do these girls think they are saying I can’t start GOT without them

tommy.gif

....What do you mean, "start"?

Reactions: Falco Lombardi

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I started last night but I was super tired, so I watched 2 episodes.

I’m gonna watch more tonight too after I write HFWF. I should start studying soon...

Have you...been able to avoid spoilers this entire time? Cause that's damn impressive if so.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Have you...been able to avoid spoilers this entire time? Cause that's damn impressive if so.
I have. The only thing I know of is

- a red wedding, but I have no idea what it means or references
- that there is incest and beheading, which I saw in the first two eps so the story checks out

I avoid pretty much anything regarding GOT online.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
It's not really impressive when you are outside the bubble.

If you are not watching it then you don't pay attention to anything to do with it. It's just another one of the thousands of things you ignore on a daily basis. Also, because you are not interested you don't look for anything to do with it, so you are never in a place where people will actively talking about spoiler topics. Even if you do end up seeing something, you've got zero context so it's meaningless to you and you'll just forget it.

And that's just passively ignoring. If you are actively avoiding spoilers because you know you are going to watch it later then there's even less chance of seeing something.

The convention of talking about TV has also changed in the past decade. People will usually ask "have you seen/will you watch X?", even if it's a show that has ended years ago, as watching via Netflix or whatever is far more common. Especially with shows that are considered worth watching. People go out of their way to avoid spoiling each other, so it's makes it even easier again.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I gave up on GoT after a couple seasons

which is funny cause before it even began I predicted it would be big and none of my friends believed me lol

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Yeah. I don’t watch that and have no clue what’s going on besides dragons and lots of incest and a little guy.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's not really impressive when you are outside the bubble.

If you are not watching it then you don't pay attention to anything to do with it. It's just another one of the thousands of things you ignore on a daily basis. Also, because you are not interested you don't look for anything to do with it, so you are never in a place where people will actively talking about spoiler topics. Even if you do end up seeing something, you've got zero context so it's meaningless to you and you'll just forget it.

And that's just passively ignoring. If you are actively avoiding spoilers because you know you are going to watch it later then there's even less chance of seeing something.

The convention of talking about TV has also changed in the past decade. People will usually ask "have you seen/will you watch X?", even if it's a show that has ended years ago, as watching via Netflix or whatever is far more common. Especially with shows that are considered worth watching. People go out of their way to avoid spoiling each other, so it's makes it even easier again.

I don't know how much I buy into that. Every Monday for the past 5 years I've come into an office that loudly talks about the episode from the night before. Do I notice the conversations because I watch the show? Maybe....but I feel I'd definitely hear a lot in passing too.

Plus Instagram and Facebook pages not even associated with GOT post all about it now.

Reactions: Virtanen18

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have. The only thing I know of is

- a red wedding, but I have no idea what it means or references
- that there is incest and beheading, which I saw in the first two eps so the story checks out

I avoid pretty much anything regarding GOT online.

In this day and age, this is a highly impressive accomplishment

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I supposed if you dont care, then you dont pay attention. i couldnt tell you what happened since season 2 either

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I don't know how much I buy into that. Every Monday for the past 5 years I've come into an office that loudly talks about the episode from the night before. Do I notice the conversations because I watch the show? Maybe....but I feel I'd definitely hear a lot in passing too.

Plus Instagram and Facebook pages not even associated with GOT post all about it now.
You have to understand that people outside the bubble have absolutely no clue what you are on about in the slightest. They know nothing at all. You can make the most blatant reference right to their face and they'll just look at you blankly. Nothing you can possibly say will have any meaning to them at all. There is not even the tiniest bit of understanding to extrapolate from to make anything you'll say make sense without someone deliberately giving them the context to let them understand.

While you'll hear references in passing a lot, you won't be able to place them at all. You won't even be able to connect them together as being conversations about the same thing. If you don't watch then you don't know any key phrases for your brain to latch on to and start paying attention. It's similar to how you can be in a crowed room, but you'll here absolutely nothing until someone says your name and you can suddenly pick out that person's voice.

It's the same on social media, the posts are just more crap that you are uninterested and you ignore it the same way you ignore baby photos, inspirational quotes, and rants from that strange uncle.

While I imaging being in an office is annoying, I don't think it's a big deal. Even if you can't avoid people talking about it, if you are not interested you're not going to pay any real attention or remember any of it the next day. Think about a conversation a girlfriend has had about handbags. You probably have no clue what was said at all, even if you were the other half of the conversation(!).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I just don't care for GoT. The amount of incest in season 1 is dumb. It's like they fully try to just put it on there for no reason. Just for shock value.

Reactions: SeidoN

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I just don't care for GoT. The amount of incest in season 1 is dumb. It's like they fully try to just put it on there for no reason. Just for shock value.
It took a second for it to click with me yesterday after the scene. I watched it, they moved on to the next scene, and then I was like “wait a second...”

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Can also confirm I do not watch GoT and have absolutely no idea about anything apart from the red wedding. And this is despite friends constantly talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad