RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
GenuineFailingDobermanpinscher-size_restricted.gif

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
So if media is to be believed, Marner gonna get offer sheeted and Kawhi is signing in LA today.

Gonna be a WOAT day in Toronto

Reactions: Fro

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
So if media is to be believed, Marner gonna get offer sheeted and Kawhi is signing in LA today.

I know f*** all about basketball but didnt Toronto just win? whys their star now leaving

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

That plane tracking would make me want to leave too lol. They’re still tracking it - it’s en route to San Diego.

On one hand I didn’t think he would take a 6 hour flight to tell Toronto “no,” but then again, the organization did a lot for his health, he played and won a championship and treated him top class. If his heart is in LA, though, no one can stop him and he’s still a Toronto sports legend.

JUST PLEASE DONT GO TO THE LAKERS.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That plane tracking would make me want to leave too lol. They’re still tracking it - it’s en route to San Diego.

On one hand I didn’t think he would take a 6 hour flight to tell Toronto “no,” but then again, the organization did a lot for his health, he played and won a championship and treated him top class. If his heart is in LA, though, no one can stop him and he’s still a Toronto sports legend.

JUST PLEASE DONT GO TO THE LAKERS.

Kawhi is a good guy who is obviously very professional.

It's a 6 hour flight in a private jet...he didn't slum it in economy or anything. It's entirely possible he wanted to tell them in person he wasn't coming back. Which is the respectable move.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I know **** all about basketball but didnt Toronto just win? whys their star now leaving
'Cos in basketball the only thing that matters is the star, the rest of the team is mostly irrelevant. He's also going to be signing a maximum amount contract, so there's no bidding going on and he just has to pick where he wants to play.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I know **** all about basketball but didnt Toronto just win? whys their star now leaving
He had one year left. When the Spurs relationship soured, he was trying to force a trade to Los Angeles. San Antonio stuck it to him and sent his ass to Toronto.

There was speculation and rumours before the season that he was potentially looking for a way to sit out the season, but it seems to be disputed and Kawhi claims he texted Lowry a day after the trade.

Kawhi DID NOT want to be in Toronto, though. Who could blame him? His home is Los Angeles and Toronto isn’t exactly an attractive place for NBA stars.

Nonetheless, Toronto treated him top class and took care of him and his health. They bolstered their roster and made a run for it - and they had to otherwise Masai would have traded one of the only stars who actually WANTED to play in Toronto for a one year rental. They treated him so well, and factored in with winning, he went from wanting nothing to do with Toronto 10 months ago to putting them in his final 3, and some may even say final 2 if those believe the Lakers don’t really have a chance to begin with.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All signs seem to be pointing to him going to LA now though but I’ll be pleasantly surprised if he re-signs for two years in Toronto. I think it makes the most sense. He can get that 10-yr supermax after and go back home.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly I don't believe anything about Kawhi until it's announced. He's so private that I doubt anybody outside of him and maybe his immediate family truly know.

I'm also hoping for a Marner offer sheet tbh. It will at least finish this shit. If it's below the threshold for 4 1st round picks then we obviously match. If we get 4 1sts then...well....something to ponder. But at least it would be the beginning of the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad