HFWF OT XIII - Kimi vs. Disclose in a submission match

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
You don't have to go out tbh.

At least not anymore than you'd go out to get pizza delivery or whatever. Though at midnight I doubt you'd find a reliable delivery option.

Use Zzzquil

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yup. No argument from me. Should have been called.

I would gladly take 4-7 more of these games in early June though.

It's just very frustrating to sit down and watch a Leafs game and have, on average, 2.5 powerplays a game when shit like that happens and doesn't get called. There's zero chance a team like Toronto with so much speed and offence only draws 2 penalties a game. Or somehow ZERO like last night. Zero?

The only brightside is they don't take a lot of penalties either so it's not like we're short handed for 20 minutes but something is off.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
The Leafs have been shafted by the refs ever since Babcock called them out last season at some point.

Like you can actually see the decline in penalties drawn by Toronto after he called them out

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
It's funny watching Eastern teams complain about bad officiating. Western teams are only all too familiar with it. Especially against the kings and sharks.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
its funny seeing the Leafs complain about anything.

they hire the best coach, they hire the best UFA, they have the top talent signed.
but we cant win because in 2017 Babcock talked about the refs and theyre out there to screw us. gtfo. lol.

Reactions: Serac and SeidoN

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

they hire the best coach, they hire the best UFA, they have the top talent signed.
but we cant win because in 2017 Babcock talked about the refs and theyre out there to screw us. gtfo. lol.

Well, TSN certainly pumped his tires when they heard the Leafs were in the mix, but I wouldn't go as far to say Babcock was ever "the best". He's had some pretty decent teams at his disposal, that's for sure. Hell, anyone on this board could've "coached" those Olympic teams to a gold medal. :laugh:

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009

I didn't say we can't win because of it. We win a lot!

It is frustrating though. Just because we have a good team doesn't mean we can't be bothered by 2 powerplays a game when plays like the above are ignored.

Reactions: Mitchy

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
tell this Sens fans about how frustrating hockey is.

At least the Sens have had SOME success over the past decade, although it feels so long ago. :laugh:

Toronto's one of a handful of teams that hasn't won a playoff round in over a decade.

Sure Toronto's path looks somewhat rosier and more well-lit than Ottawa's does, especially over the next few months, but Ottawa....well......they are a team.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
until its time to deal with contracts. its gonna be a mess this week and this summer and next season....

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Simon from WhatCulture LOVED the Denzel cover lol.

I’m still at a loss at how he worked in a song like SIRENS into that riff and instrumentals on the cover. They’re so completely different.

It’s been a long time but it’s about time Denzel starts getting more recognition. Dude had the rap album of the year in 2018 and hopefully he’s about to blow up.

This is the song he worked into the cover:

Last edited:
Reactions: BonMorrison

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I am not looking forward to this year’s election.

Justin's gonna win again, I can feel it.

Unpopular as he is, there's just no suitable replacement in line to take over.

Scheer is too focused on Trudeau and not enough on his own platform.

Singh may not even be NDP party leader by the time the polls open. :laugh:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i dont care.
i feel like i argue everyday about anti-trudeau people but mostly because they're racists.

ARE YOU GONNA PAY FOR DEM ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS?
its refugees dude, first of all.....
anyways. im not gonna start or they'll tell us to shut up. but i feel like he's gonna lose based on the conversations i have in my every day life. everybody seems to hate him.

i dont think he's great. but much better than the last idiot.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think this scandal is going to push him from a majority to minority at best though.

Scheer is awful. I’m not a huge fan of Singh.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Just spent the whole morning and afternoon packing my flat up ugh. Ankles ruined. Moving van comes tomorrow though :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad