HFWF OT XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Pro Tip: If you're sending money, especially a large amount to a company, make sure to contact said company to confirm their wire info, and not just go to the bank, and allow them to send the money to an account you don't know is associated with the company.

You would think that is common sense. (no, I'm not the one who sent the money)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@Cor - how's the pop thing going?

Great. I think we're just over 3 weeks now with none. No alcohol in that time either. Just water, protein shakes, G2 gatorade and coffee and some juice.

The first two weeks were fairly easy. The third week was easily the toughest. I felt sluggish and was craving it. Hopefully now that I'm past that, I'll be in the clear.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I think common belief is that it takes roughly a month of something for you to get used to it and for it to become normal routine.

Though that might be more for going to the gym (i.e if you can do it for a month it's easy from that point) and not so much the body reacting to something.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think common belief is that it takes roughly a month of something for you to get used to it and for it to become normal routine.

Though that might be more for going to the gym (i.e if you can do it for a month it's easy from that point) and not so much the body reacting to something.
I can see how something like pop would have a similar adjustment period because after a couple of weeks the body would crave the excess sugar. Same with a diet shift.

It’s still wild to me how we used to eat enough sugar waaaaaay back several generations over where sugar was looked at as nutritious because it was so rare and never overdone, and now it’s demonized because people can’t control themselves.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I can see how something like pop would have a similar adjustment period because after a couple of weeks the body would crave the excess sugar. Same with a diet shift.

It’s still wild to me how we used to eat enough sugar waaaaaay back several generations over where sugar was looked at as nutritious because it was so rare and never overdone, and now it’s demonized because people can’t control themselves.

It's all about moderation.

Like, I'm committed to the end of the year to have 0 pop, and I will likely continue that, but if I'm getting together with a bunch of people, I won't be afraid to have a rye and coke or two.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
It's all about moderation.

Like, I'm committed to the end of the year to have 0 pop, and I will likely continue that, but if I'm getting together with a bunch of people, I won't be afraid to have a rye and coke or two.

Totally agree about moderation.

Be careful with the pop though, I went 6 months without pop and was like yeah ill have one or two now and then, and it usually creeps up to be much more than that. I still don't drink it excessively, but I probably should scale it back more than I do.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If I ever get the urge I just drink a Coke Zero. Still not good, but soda water tastes like static if I crave the carbonation so f*** that.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Totally agree about moderation.

Be careful with the pop though, I went 6 months without pop and was like yeah ill have one or two now and then, and it usually creeps up to be much more than that. I still don't drink it excessively, but I probably should scale it back more than I do.

Yeah, I will never drink it casually.

I drink once in a blue moon, and even then, I usually drink beer, but sometimes if I'm with my buddies from back in my hometown, we drink whiskey, so I'm not gonna be afraid to have a mixed drink in that setting.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Ice hockey is a game. Anaheim vs San Jose is a match.

A game is the sport that you play.
A match is two teams/players picked to compete against each other.

But in reality there's no difference. You can use them interchangeably most of the time without confusion or any loss of meaning. There's no convention for it that I'm aware of.

I think the only place it matters is in sports where you don't call them games. Combat sports like boxing or wrestling are always matches, and you also don't 'play boxing'. Not sure if there other non-combat sports that are like that.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Why do you need so much attention and have such a desire for affirmation? You do you bro.

Be like me. Bon's opinions mean nothing!

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
There is none, but that's not the point!

i rather learn than wondering what i say wrong.
the next post did a good job at explaining and thats something i care.

i still make many mistakes, because i just translate it in my head. i just clearly remember "start match" when playing sports video games. so to me its a match.... cuz thats how i learned it. but if its game i will say game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->