HFWF OT X

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Anyone into Audio? I think I want to finally upgrade my record player and sound setup and bite the bullet. I am still not totally sure how I want to do my setup, and I get obsessed with research and over do it, but am having a tough go in regards to vintage speakers.

Anyone have any recommendations to look out for, probably looking around $200 for a vintage set if I go that route.

I am either going to do new record player + vintage Marantz or Yamaha receiver + vintage speakers

or new record player + Klipsch bookshelf powered speakers w/ pre-amp built in for a much more minimalist design. I think I settled on a new U-turn audio player in Walnut.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Anyone into Audio? I think I want to finally upgrade my record player and sound setup and bite the bullet. I am still not totally sure how I want to do my setup, and I get obsessed with research and over do it, but am having a tough go in regards to vintage speakers.

Anyone have any recommendations to look out for, probably looking around $200 for a vintage set if I go that route.

I am either going to do new record player + vintage Marantz or Yamaha receiver + vintage speakers

or new record player + Klipsch bookshelf powered speakers w/ pre-amp built in for a much more minimalist design. I think I settled on a new U-turn audio player in Walnut.
Probably a subreddit for this

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
The site was up and running but for an hour or two I wasn't seeing any new posts. It was the weirdest thing.

Page would load every time but every forum was like "Last post 51 minutes ago". :dunno:

Seems to have recovered.

I very much enjoyed Sabrina.

Isn't Netflix getting sued over that show? Something about copyright infringement, can't remember.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
The site was up and running but for an hour or two I wasn't seeing any new posts. It was the weirdest thing.

Page would load every time but every forum was like "Last post 51 minutes ago". :dunno:

Seems to have recovered.

Isn't Netflix getting sued over that show? Something about copyright infringement, can't remember.
What probably happened is the main server died, but the distribution servers were still working. So you'd be able to request a page from the distribution server, but it wouldn't be able to get a recent version from the main server to send to you. So instead it just sends whatever it has at hand from before the crash, which would be the why everything was stuck at "51mins" or whatever.

All the posts made probably got to the main server eventually, but just held up in some bottleneck.

And yeah, the Satanic Temple ("not to be confused with Church of Satan" as Wikipedia tells me lol) is suing due to use of Baphoment or something.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Lol we kind of hit it off in the past couple weeks, but I've reeeeeally hit it off with a girl from work the last week or so (on whatsapp) while I've been on vacation. Not even going to see her again until the 26th gg. We're both kind of circling the wagons talking about being together but don't want to say too much when we're not face to face .Kinda fun lol

Never thought I would end up with a Filipina tbh

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Lol we kind of hit it off in the past couple weeks, but I've reeeeeally hit it off with a girl from work the last week or so (on whatsapp) while I've been on vacation. Not even going to see her again until the 26th gg. We're both kind of circling the wagons talking about being together but don't want to say too much when we're not face to face .Kinda fun lol

Shitting where you eat? You're a bold man.

Reactions: Fro

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke

Dating a girl you work with?

Good luck. :laugh:

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

Take it from me.

This is bad play my dude

This ain’t it

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@M.C.G. 31 You should give sunday’s TWD a shot, it was intriguing.

Maybe Rick leaving and the time jump so the new
show runner could start fresh was the boost the show needed?

I dunno, I’m taking it one episode at a time, but if you’ve got 40 minutes to spare, I’d give it a shot too

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Take it from me.

This is bad play my dude

This ain’t it

I want to echo how bad an idea it was for me to date somebody I work with. It was...real bad. Buuuuuuut just like everything it's a case by case basis. There was a graphic design opening at my company and my current GF and I talked about whether it would be a good idea for her to apply. Thankfully we decided against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad