HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Like, the stats kinda show it.

The Older Liberal voters mainly voted for Conservatives or stayed Liberal.

The younger Liberal voters mainly voted for NDP

We know of two things Ford is going to do. The first is lower the beer price minimum to 1 dollar, which will cripple several micro-breweries in Ontario. The second is to go back to a two decade old sex-ed curriculum.

It’s two literally objectively bad moves. There’s no way around it.

Reactions: BonMorrison

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I agree with Cor tbh.

For a long time the NDP has presented objectively better candidates than the liberal party and up until this election has been a back burner party - both Nationally and Provincially. Even at the NDP peak with Jack Layton (and essentially everybody loved that dude) they still didn't ascend higher than opposition.

I'm interested to see how Singh does in the National election but I suspect something will hold him back...

"Something".

I don’t think we’ll see much movement on a National Level. Trudeau will get re-elected, as he probably should, Conservatives will remain the opposition. NDP will be a distant 3rd

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
For what it's worth I don't think $1 beer will cripple many craft brewers.

If you're a person who loyally buys craft beer, you're not going to he persuaded by $1 Laker or Max Ice. You've made your choice and you're generally okay with paying premium prices for premium content.

If anything I think it would hurt the big boys more. Canadian. Blue. Coors. They're not gonna lower their prices too low so they might find more competition from the guys who will.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
yo. that england loss.
is kimi alive?
Meh. We're very use to failure, this is our default state. And we won on penalties, that fact alone makes it a amazing tournament lol.

But this was really a great run. For the first time in a long long time there was nation wide positivity about the team, which was amazing. Was almost like the 2005 Ashes were. It'll be interesting to see if it carries over to the Euros, we're hosting the final at Wembley...

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I disagree.

What did Horwath in was being with the NDP. People still see them as a minor party. To a lot of people, you either vote Liberal, or you vote Conservative. Mainly, you guessed it, the older generation that live in the small towns and farm lands.

Doug Ford has been a supporter of Ontario being a Sanctuary Province as well. In 2013, he voted in favour of it. And since he presented no platform, that very well may happen anyway

Idk, I feel like people were ready to go NDP. Most people I spoke to, younger and older, didn’t vote for them because of the sanctuary province deal. The younger ones I spoke to didn’t even end up voting because they didn’t want to vote for anyone after that sanctuary province thing.

I agree with Cor tbh.

For a long time the NDP has presented objectively better candidates than the liberal party and up until this election has been a back burner party - both Nationally and Provincially. Even at the NDP peak with Jack Layton (and essentially everybody loved that dude) they still didn't ascend higher than opposition.

I'm interested to see how Singh does in the National election but I suspect something will hold him back...

"Something".

Don’t have much faith in Singh. Trudeau is doing fine and Singh is almost *too* left imo.

Reading his platform there were some things I liked, some I didn’t (a lot).

The only thing Trudeau has done wrong imo was send that tweet that said everyone was welcome to Canada which has led to that rise in illegal immigration from Nigerians who are fleeing the USA because of fear of deportation. My mom deals with these guys for work and 85% of them don’t want to work either. I know what he meant by his tweet when he sent it out, but it just opened up a can of worms due to the wording.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Definitely super vague but I can't think they'd be allowing 60,000 people into the Skydome tonight if they felt there was legitimacy to whatever it is.

Reactions: BonMorrison
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->