HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
f*** that piece of shit Doug Ford. Reverting back to 1998 curriculum and not teaching kids about LGBT, sexting, consent, etc. We are truly f***ed.

Got dumbass right-wing people on social media being like "OH NO! WHY IS HE DOING THIS!!?" You voted for him you morons. Reap what you sow.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
**** that piece of **** Doug Ford. Reverting back to 1998 curriculum and not teaching kids about LGBT, sexting, consent, etc. We are truly ****ed.

Got dumbass right-wing people on social media being like "OH NO! WHY IS HE DOING THIS!!?" You voted for him you morons. Reap what you sow.

At least if Canadians try the shame me as an American when I come visit this year they won’t have a leg to stand on in Ontario.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
**** that piece of **** Doug Ford. Reverting back to 1998 curriculum and not teaching kids about LGBT, sexting, consent, etc. We are truly ****ed.

I remember when I learned about sex in middle school I think it was and we barely talked about anything. I think the only thing I remember from that is that they told us anal sex was illegal lol.

also, I remember an elementary school video that was played for us when we were 10 years old that went something like "one, two, three, four, masturbation is okay" shit was weird cause they had like sock puppets in the video saying this shit idk man

Reactions: BonMorrison

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
random thought: can't wait for 2022-2023 when Julien BriseBois brings PK Subban back to the Habs on a discount deal

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I remember when I learned about sex in middle school I think it was and we barely talked about anything. I think the only thing I remember from that is that they told us anal sex was illegal lol.

also, I remember an elementary school video that was played for us when we were 10 years old that went something like "one, two, three, four, *********ion is okay" **** was weird cause they had like sock puppets in the video saying this **** idk man
For the little sex-ed that I got in school, it was actually decent.

When we were in middle school our religious studies teacher said that we'd be getting a sex-ed class (from another teacher) at some point and that it would be terrible for everyone involved. He was correct, and it was terrible as you'd expect a middle school sex-ed class to be. But he also said that if we ever had any questions we could always go to him and and he'd talk to us, and that really helped.

He was a very down to earth guy and very open about everything, so he was easy for people to approach him even when it was always going to be very embarrassing. From all the teachers in the school, he was easily the right guy to offer to help and I know that a decent number us in my year did go to him.

That was the best sex-ed that we got, and it only existed because past students had complained to him about how bad the actual class was.

In high school we had a few classes, including the classic condom and a cucumber, but most were more on the medical than anything else. Stuff you need to know, but not the full story. But we were given a folder full of leaflets and booklets that was actually non-terrible and covered most things. It wasn't ideal, but it was far better than nothing.

But this was a long time ago in an extremely different world from today. We didn't have phones and internet connections were uncommon (if you even had a computer at all), nothing like today at all.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I went to catholic school K through 8 our sex Ed was if you masturbate you’re going to hell.

Oh funny story I had to move a bunch of crap out of my dads house and I found some paper I wrote for a class in like third grade in which I explained why the crusades were necessary because the christians were spreading gods word even though bad stuff happened. I was like what the hell I can’t believe I wrote this. They try and get you real young I guess.

I begged my parents to go to a public high school and thankfully they said yes.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

I still don’t get how people voted for someone who really presented no platform with the exception of something that will cripple many Ontario micro-breweries

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I still don’t get how people voted for someone who really presented no platform with the exception of something that will cripple many Ontario micro-breweries

It’s as old as time. People don’t want to hear about real solutions and real policies they want to hear the fluff.

Imagine a politician coming out and saying hey we want to do this great project that will serve the people but we may have to raise taxes a dollar per person. People would still flip out.

I used to think Canada was much more rational when it came to political thinking but I think you’re getting sucked into our Vortex. Something like the CBC comments section, holy crap I feel like it’s the most anti how I expect Canadians to act commentary I’ve ever seen. Such a lack of empathy for anyone or anything.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Well. I don't think it's that bad but Ontario has a bunch of small ass towns full of farmers who are...not that progressive. Plus Wynne was potentially the least liked politician ever seen in this country. It was more about getting rid of her than anything.

Don't worry bro. Canada still great.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Canada is still awesome. Trudeau has done an awesome job so far. Obviously not perfect, but everything major, he’s handled well.

On a provincial level, Wynne was awful, Ford will be just as awful. I wasn’t 100% on Horvath, but it was clear she was the best option of the 3.

It may seem harsh, but I feel like society and politics will improve as baby boomers become less involved

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I hate to roll an entire generation together because that’s just as bad as people who label all of us millenials together but the baby boomer leadership and how they set us up here in the USA definitely leaves a lot to be desired. They effed a lot of stuff up that’s for sure.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Baby Boomers are just the worst that have backwards opinions but continue to influence and shape a future that's doesn't belong to them.

Not all of them. Obviously. My parents are baby boomers and they hate Ford and Trump as much as any millennial. They're not alone in that generation but it does seem few and far between. When millennials hit retirement age we're gonna be the most progressive senior citizens ever

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I said it then and I'll say it again, what did Horwath in was the sanctuary province. If not for that, she would have won. Her platform wasn't costed for that either, even after the correction.

Wynne should have resigned long before the election.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Not sure how much a Wynne resignation would have done. They'd still have come a likely distant third in the party race but her resigning long ago probably gives them time to save some face....keep a few more seats.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Not sure how much a Wynne resignation would have done. They'd still have come a likely distant third in the party race but her resigning long ago probably gives them time to save some face....keep a few more seats.
keeping seats and maintaining party status would have still been big for them.

I personally didn't vote, and I was planning to. I can't vote NDP as long as they're going with this sanctuary province thing though. That's my big hang up with them. It wouldn't have made a difference in my riding anyways since MacLeod won pretty easily, but I couldn't justify voting for any of the parties.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I said it then and I'll say it again, what did Horwath in was the sanctuary province. If not for that, she would have won. Her platform wasn't costed for that either, even after the correction.

Wynne should have resigned long before the election.

I disagree.

What did Horwath in was being with the NDP. People still see them as a minor party. To a lot of people, you either vote Liberal, or you vote Conservative. Mainly, you guessed it, the older generation that live in the small towns and farm lands.

Doug Ford has been a supporter of Ontario being a Sanctuary Province as well. In 2013, he voted in favour of it. And since he presented no platform, that very well may happen anyway

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I agree with Cor tbh.

For a long time the NDP has presented objectively better candidates than the liberal party and up until this election has been a back burner party - both Nationally and Provincially. Even at the NDP peak with Jack Layton (and essentially everybody loved that dude) they still didn't ascend higher than opposition.

I'm interested to see how Singh does in the National election but I suspect something will hold him back...

"Something".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->