HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
@Cor You're a PS4 guy? Xbox?

I'd tell you to play Wolf Among Us ASAP as the last I saw it was only $5 on the PS Store but it looks like they've pulled it completely and it's only available in the Telltale collection.

Hmmm...not sure how I'd rank it if I was doing it by individual seasons but I do think I liked TWD 3 over TWD 2.

Reactions: Max Money

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Hmmm...not sure how I'd rank it if I was doing it by individual seasons but I do think I liked TWD 3 over TWD 2.

I had season 2 and 3 within a hair of each other. any other day I might switch them

also Wolf Among Us looks low down on my list, but I loved it too, its just the quality of Telltale games is crazy high

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I like the Telltale games a lot, Ive only played the GoT one though. I never watched TWD so I had no interest trying it out. Are they ever gonna make a new GoT telltale game?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
GOT season 2 has been announced but no real news beyond that outside of it being on "hold" as they focused on Batman, TWD and Wolf's second season. With TWD wrapping up and Wolf's second season well in development you'd imagine GOT is getting moved up the to do list...at least I'd hope.

You should really play TWD. It has nothing to do with the show really outside of it being the same universe and maybe a few random cross over minor characters but nothing else.

The ending to TWD season 1 will make you feel things you haven't felt since you were a child. Trust.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Telltale games are kind of boring to me. For a game about making choices, there sure are a limited amount of choices to make. The story isn't too bad, but each game is generally pretty short. Just kind of a big meh to me.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Yeah you're not entirely wrong. A lot of it is more the idea of having a choice as opposed to actual choice as you end up in generally the same area in the end just with a few differences along the way but eh if you enjoy the journey then it doesn't matter that much too me.

If you go too hard on choices and decisions you kinda end up like Life is Strange where a direct sequel becomes borderline impossible.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Hmm maybe ill give TWD a try then. I just bought the Witcher for a second time so I am going to do a second play through and then the DLC's. Never played the DLC's previously.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I enjoy Telltale games. Just don't go in there expecting your choices will actually matter. More about the story than anything.

I loved TWD season 1, TWAU and GoT.

GoT, especially, blew all expectations I had of it. I enjoyed all the playable characters in it. Makes me yearn for a GoT rpg.

TWD season 1 will definitely hit you in the feels. The bond between Clementine and Lee is terrific. It's one of the best written games of all time. Season 2 was decent iirc, but I don't remember too much of it, so hard to say it was memorable. Haven't played the other seasons yet.

I enjoyed season 1 of Batman as well. I enjoyed this universe of Batman, where the characters and their backstories are different. Haven't played season 2 of that either.

Wolf was just terrific. Really enjoyed that. Can't wait for season 2.

Reactions: Paris in Flames

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
@Cor You're a PS4 guy? Xbox?

I'd tell you to play Wolf Among Us ASAP as the last I saw it was only $5 on the PS Store but it looks like they've pulled it completely and it's only available in the Telltale collection.

Xbox.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
For all you folks who like the choose your own adventure style games, you need to check out Until Dawn - if you haven't already.

That game really flew under the radar and was legitimately fantastic. The decisions you make are 10x more impactful than any other game in that style.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I did hear many, many great things about until dawn. I however did not experience it because I am not a horror person

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For all you folks who like the choose your own adventure style games, you need to check out Until Dawn - if you haven't already.

That game really flew under the radar and was legitimately fantastic. The decisions you make are 10x more impactful than any other game in that style.

I’ve done two play throughs I love that game. Especially my first play through with all the lights off and my headphones on.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
For the folks that like horror games or at least one that are frightening, check out Alien Isolation. The sound design in that game is next level. Legitimately scared the shit out of me whenever I heard the alien in the vents.

Also, I enjoyed Until Dawn as well. I only played it once and I doubt I'll play it again, but I really enjoyed it.

PeterSidorkiewicz

Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
For the folks that like horror games or at least one that are frightening, check out Alien Isolation. The sound design in that game is next level. Legitimately scared the **** out of me whenever I heard the alien in the vents.

Also, I enjoyed Until Dawn as well. I only played it once and I doubt I'll play it again, but I really enjoyed it.

I own alien isolation but still haven’t played it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->