HFWF OT #8:

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m interested to see what this game brings.

There’s a lot of smoke around GM Mode coming back, and if it does it’ll be a must buy for me.

However if it’s the same old Universe Mode that doesn’t work that well, then Inprobably wont

That would be nice. Universe mode to me just gets so damn stale after like a a couple months on the calendar and a couple of PPVs. It’s tough to get cut scenes and a lot of it is broken. They touted all these goals you could assign wrestlers and it was completely broken. The goals did nothing and a lot of them were even blacked out.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Did Toronto turn into Chicago, LA or NY lol

Friedman said he thinks TOR & SJS may take a swing for 1 year of Panarin, knowing it is a rental.

I'll be in the minority, but if boy I would do that. I would also trade for 1 year of Karlsson too.

I'm all for spending some assets to really go for it this year.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
All the offence in the world won't save that D-core
seriously. I'm of the mind that if Tampa lands Karlsson, Toronto still doesn't get to one-up them. Tampa would be the only team in the league aside from Nashville to have an anchor on each defensive pairing to lineup against any of Toronto's top-3 offensive lines, even if they had to split up a couple of guys. And even then, Nashville would need to split up Ekholm-Subban, but that's been very successful, so they'd have to split up Josi-Ellis, which was exposed in their SCF series imo.

Hedman-xxx
McDonagh-Karlsson
xxx-Stralman

to match up vs. Toronto's top-3. Tampa would still have Dotchin, Coburn, Girardi (who apparently was better because his role was much less compared to NYR?), Foote to fill in the two spots.

Ekholm-Subban
Josi-xxx
xxx-Ellis

those are the only two imo. Nashville's top-heavy with that amazing top-4, but their depth afterwards takes a hit and they probably can't "spread the wealth" imo. I also don't have much faith in Josi to really carry his own unit into a successful shutdown pair -- not like Subban could.

but hey, @Cor if you want to make a run for it, you can have a longer term asset in Shea Weber. :naughty: we'll even retain some.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
Not many metalheads in here that I know of, but Powerwolf's new album is fun and very enjoyable.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Just a gongshow.

Apparently I created 10 accounts and voted for myself?

Apparently I swayed all of you with my passionate speech of “vote cor”

I’m literally serious in saying I would take the L if that’s how things go

Reactions: Virtanen18

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
seriously. I'm of the mind that if Tampa lands Karlsson, Toronto still doesn't get to one-up them. Tampa would be the only team in the league aside from Nashville to have an anchor on each defensive pairing to lineup against any of Toronto's top-3 offensive lines, even if they had to split up a couple of guys. And even then, Nashville would need to split up Ekholm-Subban, but that's been very successful, so they'd have to split up Josi-Ellis, which was exposed in their SCF series imo.

Hedman-xxx
McDonagh-Karlsson
xxx-Stralman

to match up vs. Toronto's top-3. Tampa would still have Dotchin, Coburn, Girardi (who apparently was better because his role was much less compared to NYR?), Foote to fill in the two spots.

Ekholm-Subban
Josi-xxx
xxx-Ellis

those are the only two imo. Nashville's top-heavy with that amazing top-4, but their depth afterwards takes a hit and they probably can't "spread the wealth" imo. I also don't have much faith in Josi to really carry his own unit into a successful shutdown pair -- not like Subban could.

but hey, @Cor if you want to make a run for it, you can have a longer term asset in Shea Weber. :naughty: we'll even retain some.

I don't think Tampa is getting Karlsson anymore. Tampa's Dcore is still amazing tho
Hedman-Girardi (who plays very well with Hedman)
McD-Stralman (shut down pair)
Serg-Coburn (Serg is gonna be something special)

Plus Tampa's offence can keep up with the best of them so Toronto doesn't scare me with the addition of JT because their D is still trash.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I don't think Tampa is getting Karlsson anymore. Tampa's Dcore is still amazing tho
Hedman-Girardi (who plays very well with Hedman)
McD-Stralman (shut down pair)
Serg-Coburn (Serg is gonna be something special)

Plus Tampa's offence can keep up with the best of them so Toronto doesn't scare me with the addition of JT because their D is still trash.
Not having Serg is such a catastrophe for us. Ugh. :(

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
osh.gif

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Josh Hader getting a round of applause. Barf .Camera just panned to about 12 different white people in their feet clapping for their hero

I had to read the story had no idea what your post meant. From what I briefly read it seems like the guy is genuinely sorry and is a different person than he was as a teenager. Hopefully that’s true.

That being said, I don’t think he needs a standing ovation whatsoever, doesn’t make any sense to me.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
That story is conflicting to me. If adult me was held accountable for what 17 year old me acted like it would f***ing suck. I don't condone those tweets but I can definitely look at them differently than...basically every other story that is similar to this.

Standing ovation is wildly unnecessary though.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I mean... 17-year-olds should still know better lol. 17-year-old me wasn't throwing around the n-word and saying "I hate gay people."

Reactions: Virtanen18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad