HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Odd name for it but they blew the f*** up in my office yesterday. It's really loud and abrasive which I guess is the point but I could see it being an issue if you were driving, etc.

Reactions: Max Money

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
On some phones, emergency alerts display as "Presidential Alerts."

Example:

ohhhh yes. I got all of them, one 30 minutes after my cousin that was 3 feet away from me got his.

Here's the thing... blasting them like that is just going to make people ignore them over time. The CRTC set Amber Alerts on Presidential Status so no one can even mute them or at least change the notification, or making it less "abrasive" so to speak. My phone was on vibrate thankfully, but the test one I got last week was loud as f***.

I was also wondering if the kid was in the area since I got it. Then I read the location and address at the end and didn't recognize it at all -- the second one tells me it's in Thunder Bay. Thunder Bay is further away from Ottawa than Halifax is, but I don't think I'll be getting Halifax Amber Alerts. They have to do something about the location radius in which these alerts are sent out.

Like I said though, if they keep them like this, people are just going to start ignoring them and the next thing you know, we're going to have an emergency that will affect EVERYONE'S lives and less people will pay attention.

maybe that's just me, idk. I like the idea, but something needs to be done about the radius in which these are sent out, and the tiers. Amber Alerts have their own tiers in the United States; the CRTC is forcing all of them on Presidential so no one can mute them and I don't think that's a particularly good idea.

I know Android has the feature to block Amber Alerts. I haven't found it on iOS though. Still, though, Amber Alerts don't need to have the grating screech like the Presidential ones do. They can just come up as a notification that can't be dismissed without being opened and a vibrate and maybe one ring (not that loud ass grating noise though).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
on a different note, @Cor look at my stacked Summerslam card I'm setting up in my TEW game which officially ends the 2-brand era in WWE and debuts a 3rd brand following week after Summerslam and a full draft (I brought Thunder over as the third brand since the logo is in my mod):

- The Rock vs. The Undertaker.
- WWE Title match: Samoa Joe (c) vs. Dean Ambrose in a No DQ match.
- Universal Title match: Daniel Bryan (c) vs. Finn Balor.
- IC Title match: Seth Rollins (c) vs. John Cena vs. Andrade 'Cien' Almas.
- U.S. Title match: Shinsuke Nakmaura (c) vs. Aleister Black.
- SD Tag Titles: The Usos (c) vs. Two of Kyle O'Reilly, Bobby Fish, Adam Cole and Roderick Strong.
- Raw Tag Titles: Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn (c) vs. Big E & Kofi Kingston vs. Matt Hardy & Eric Young in a Tables, Ladders & Chairs match.
- Raw Women's Title match: Bayley (c) vs. Becky Lynch.
- SD Women's Title match: Asuka (c) vs. Sasha Banks.
- The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) vs. The Club (AJ Styles & The Good Brothers) in a six-man tag match.
- Tommaso Ciampa vs. Johnny Gargano in a Last Man Standing match.
- Rusev vs. Braun Strowman.
- Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt.
- Pre-show: Charlotte vs. Peyton Royce.
- Pre-show: Drew McIntyre vs. Dolph Ziggler in a Street Fight.
- Pre-show: Neville open challenge (to be Randy Orton vs. Neville).

let's see how I'm going to fit this into the show time wise lol

Reactions: Max Money and Cor

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I got those alerts as well.

Didn't see it as an issue. Quite frankly, it makes sense for alerts like those to happen through our phones. If it can help save even 1 life, I'm okay with the 1 second annoying and loud sound.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I put the RAW Women's Championship on Ronda Rousey at Backlash (I started a new game without the plane crash or bringing in CM Punk/Kenny Omega right away) and the next morning a news thing came up saying Ronda Rousey accepted an MMA fight and would be leaving the Wrestling World in 2 months for "several months".

I planned on her having the title until WrestleMania, when she'd have a big match with either Asuka or Charlotte, and now I need to figure out a way to take the title off of her. I might just have her win at MITB, and then the next night vacate the title "until she returns".

@M.C.G. 31

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I put the RAW Women's Championship on Ronda Rousey at Backlash (I started a new game without the plane crash or bringing in CM Punk/Kenny Omega right away) and the next morning a news thing came up saying Ronda Rousey accepted an MMA fight and would be leaving the Wrestling World in 2 months for "several months".

I planned on her having the title until WrestleMania, when she'd have a big match with either Asuka or Charlotte, and now I need to figure out a way to take the title off of her. I might just have her win at MITB, and then the next night vacate the title "until she returns".

@M.C.G. 31
I’m planning on ending Asuka’s streak in my game and having a heel Sasha Banks take the title off her at Summerslam before the roster shakeup.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I’m planning on ending Asuka’s streak in my game and having a heel Sasha Banks take the title off her at Summerslam before the roster shakeup.

Here's my planned Money In The Bank card;

World Heavyweight Championship: Finn Balor(c) vs John Cena [Gonna have Balor turn heel. Not sure if that means him winning and just beating down Cena after, or have Cena win, Balor attacking him and eventually getting the title back at Summerslam]
WWE Championship: The Miz(c) vs AJ Styles
WWE Intercontinental Championship: Seth Rollins(c) vs Adam Cole - Last Man Standing Match
WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Roman Reigns vs Jinder Mahal vs Rusev vs Tye Dillinger vs Elias vs Bobby Roode
WWE Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match: Sasha Banks vs Bayley vs Ruby Riott vs Sarah Logan vs Becky Lynch vs Naomi
RAW Tag Team Championship: Deletors Of The World(c) vs Authors Of Pain
SD Tag Team Championship Ladder Match: The Uso's vs Harper/Rowan(c) vs New Day vs The Bar
American Alpha vs The Revival
RAW Women's Championship: Ronda Rousey(c) vs Alexa Bliss vs Nia Jax
SD Women's Championship: Carmella(c) vs Asuka vs Charlotte Flair
WWE United States Championship: Jeff Hardy(c) vs Randy Orton vs Eric Young
WWE Championship #1 Contender's Match: Shinsuke Nakamura vs Samoa Joe vs Daniel Bryan vs Andrade Almas

Depending on time, I might call up Johnny Gargano, who has been asking to come to the main roster, and have him answer an open challenge by Baron Corbin. I also need to find a spot for Braun, Owens & Zayn

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm ready to break up Owens and Zayn in my save. I need to sign some more talent to bolster the roster for the third brand if I decide to make that an exclusive 3rd brand for 1 hour a week or what.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
finished Summerslam and the superstar shakeup in my save to set up my third brand, smaller roster and no tag teams on that show:

TO RAW:

Asuka, Big Cass, Carmella, Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Fandango, John Cena, Kenny Omega, Matt Jackson, Natalya, Nick Jackson, IC champion Seth Rollins, Sheamus, Tyler Breeze.

TO SD:

Alexa Bliss, Bayley, Big E, Daniel Bryan, Dash Wilder, Drew McIntyre, Kevin Owens, Kofi Kingston, Rusev, Scott Dawson, Tommaso Ciampa, Xavier Woods.

TO THUNDER:

Aiden English, Aleister Black, Baron Corbin, Chad Gable, Dolph Ziggler, Harper, Jeff Hardy, Mojo Rawley, Neville, Rowan, Shelton Benjamin, Shinsuke Nakmaura, The Big Show, Tye Dillinger.

Might bring up Ricochet for the 3rd brand, put The Authors of Pain on Smackdown with SD losing The Bucks and The Bar, and I have outstanding contract offers to:

James Storm (to join Bobby Roode)
Jay Lethal (for Thunder)
Kota Ibushi (for Thunder or Raw)
Rey Mysterio (for Thunder or SD)
Wade Barrett (for Thunder)

Last edited:

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
All I hear is Laurel. Even in an audio clip where they changed stuff around to help you hear Yanny all I could hear was Laurel. Feels bad

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Y'all are free to enjoy your high frequency. I'll just enjoy my ears not lying to me.

On Wednesday The Times traced the clip back to Roland Szabo, an 18-year-old high school student in Lawrenceville, Ga., who posts as RolandCamry on Reddit.

Mr. Szabo said that he was working some time ago on a school project and recorded the voice from a vocabulary website playing through the speakers on his computer. People in the room disagreed about what they were hearing.

So he sent it to a friend who created an Instagram poll, which began going viral early this week. One detail may frustrate some and vindicate others: he found the original clip on the vocabulary.com page for “laurel,” the word for a wreath worn on the head, “usually a symbol of victory.”

Reactions: Max Money and Fro
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->