HFWF OT #7: HAPPY RUSEV DAY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
there is no way Karlson is getting shipped with Ryan.
you get as much as you can for him alone and dont add any salary dump to sweet the deal for the other team.
its ridiculous.

if Ottawa wins the lottery. im more than willing to ship Karlsson cuz Chabot is looking as sexy as ever and im sure Dhalin will develop in the player we think he will.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Sounds like it's a good year to tank if there's a solid top group then. Hopefully it's not too painful in the mean time.

It's painful as long as Bergevin is the Habs GM regardless.

Laraque said Bergevin doesn't have permission from ownership to make big trades, and if it were anyone BUT Laraque reporting that, I would have been super stoked. But it's Laraque and his credibility is shit.

there is no way Karlson is getting shipped with Ryan.
you get as much as you can for him alone and dont add any salary dump to sweet the deal for the other team.
its ridiculous.

if Ottawa wins the lottery. im more than willing to ship Karlsson cuz Chabot is looking as sexy as ever and im sure Dhalin will develop in the player we think he will.

yeah but your owner is Melnyk, so until it actually happens, if I were a Sens fan I'd be scared as f*** at the idea that the owner would force a move that unloads Ryan's contract along with Karlsson in return for something less than just Karlsson alone.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
im not confident, but its simply a stupid move.
if you're moving from Karlsson, you're gonna be saving money from the eventual contract he would have signed.
you dont need to give Ryan to sweet the deal. i dont care how much we dislike the owner. he cant be that stupid.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Top-5 is great.

No 1C for the Habs to grab though. Tbh I’m perfectly okay as long as Ottawa or Buffalo don’t get #1 and Habs can stay in the top-4. I want Tkachuk if we can’t grab Dahlin or Svechnikov.

Next year’s draft is the one I really want the Habs to go full on tank for and grab Hughes.
Isn't Tkachuk top 5 a stretch?

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Most rankings I've seen have: Dahlin-Svechnikov as mostly the undisputed top-2, and then any trio Zadina, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Hughes occupying the 3-5 spots.
Gotta get that heel heat. Its hard to do these days with the smarks all cheering for most heels now. If a heel can get actual boo's its a job well done and a miracle.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Gotta get that heel heat. Its hard to do these days with the smarks all cheering for most heels now. If a heel can get actual boo's its a job well done and a miracle.
I'd be ecstatic to get that heel heat with Tkachuk and Gallagher on the same line if we don't win the lottery and get Dahlin.

I'd be even more ecstatic if it's with a new general manager... like a Julien BriseBois. ;)

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Most rankings I've seen have: Dahlin-Svechnikov as mostly the undisputed top-2, and then any trio Zadina, Tkachuk, Boqvist, Hughes occupying the 3-5 spots.
Lol some guy from The Athletic had him at #9 on his rankings. But I've seen him at #2 in the past so who knows

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Lol some guy from The Athletic had him at #9 on his rankings. But I've seen him at #2 in the past so who knows
I'm curious to know who that dude at The Athletic had in the 4-8 range then lol...

I've seen one mock have him at #2, but the majority seems to be #3. Zadina at 4, Boqvist 5, Hughes 6.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Tank away, baby. Though I'm not sure if signing your 6th dman to a 4m per year contract is tanking or not tanking.

Good, good.

Some Leaf fans on here were anti-tank because it was "dishonourable" or some crap like that. Those same ones endlessly shamed Buffalo, Arizona and friends for tanking.

Me? Idaf. As long as you have smart management, tanking is fine.

Those same people who were anti-tank sure didn't mind when we selected Auston Matthews. What a beast and all possible because of tanking and don't let anyone fool you, that year was a tank year. A well executed tank, but a tank nonetheless.

#TeamTank

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I feel like Sens fans are the opposite. We are almost always overly negative no matter what. Of course right now I have no problem with the constant negativity as things look bad, but I feel like they could win the cup and we would find something to be negative about. Like we won the cup, but Shane Prince had a goal his last game of the season how the F could we let him go?
Share some of that negativity, lol. If you're at all negative now, people say you just blindly hate the team and management.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Share some of that negativity, lol. If you're at all negative now, people say you just blindly hate the team and management.

I was reading through some trade threads and was fairly surprised at the amount of die-hard defenders Benning had. Gave me a nice laugh. :laugh:

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
I was reading through some trade threads and was fairly surprised at the amount of die-hard defenders Benning had. Gave me a nice laugh. :laugh:
They've completely taken over the Canucks subreddit with their lunacy. Like I legitimately cannot understand what goes through their minds. They've drank the prospect hype kool-aid for one, which is never a good idea.

Easily a bottom 5 GM in the league. Maybe bottom 3.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.
I really don't like international hockey games going to a shootout in the finals

Team USA was pretty dominant in OT, but I would have preferred the game ending in OT regardless of the result

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I fell asleep during OT and I really, really hate to see a game of such magnitude end in a shootout.

The Americans were the better team though and deserved to win. Just not in such a stupid way.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
They've completely taken over the Canucks subreddit with their lunacy. Like I legitimately cannot understand what goes through their minds. They've drank the prospect hype kool-aid for one, which is never a good idea.

Easily a bottom 5 GM in the league. Maybe bottom 3.
I remember when times were simpler and Benning was the worst GM.

Then Bergevin wanted to stake his claim to the title.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I fell asleep during OT and I really, really hate to see a game of such magnitude end in a shootout.

The Americans were the better team though and deserved to win. Just not in such a stupid way.

Since I am a Sens fan and am on Facebook who belongs to a couple Sens Facebook groups, I dont participate just crap shows on my feed, which was a buncha Canadians whining about rigged officiating in that game.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Weber's done for the season.

All I need now is Petry to revert back to his form when Weber was healthy, and the Sens to not trade Karlsson and I like the look of our TANK moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad