HFWF OT 2000 (XVI): A Kimi in every corner!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
@M.C.G. 31 Season 5, in my opinion, is exceptionally boring. There are big moments at the end and a terrific episode or two....but overall it was a real hassle to watch.

I'm basing this on my rewatch that I just did. Season 6, however, has an episode that I legitimately consider the crowning achievement of TV shows.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
It's all subjective, but IMO GoT is brutal. HBO tricks people with shock value the same way radio stations did it in the early 2000s. They put so much meaningless stuff in the show for instant shock value whether it's going over the top on a murder or just countless rape/incest/sex scenes that really don't serve the plot at all.

Rome was the absolute worst at it. People fall for it every time.

***Remember just my opinion. I'm clearly in the minority because the show is massively successful. It's a piece of today's culture and there is no doubting its success.

Reactions: SeidoN

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
It's all subjective, but IMO GoT is brutal. HBO tricks people with shock value the same way radio stations did it in the early 2000s. They put so much meaningless stuff in the show for instant shock value whether it's going over the top on a murder or just countless rape/incest/sex scenes that really don't serve the plot at all.

Rome was the absolute worst at it. People fall for it every time.

***Remember just my opinion. I'm clearly in the minority because the show is massively successful. It's a piece of today's culture and there is no doubting its success.

I can't tell you that you're wrong for not liking it. That's your opinion. You're allowed to like and dislike whatever you want. I know people who don't like cheese...

Buuuuuuut.

I will say your reasoning is wrong.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
A kimi in every corner one is on a flip phone, the other is talking cats, the other playing baseball and the other avoiding social media?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't tell you that you're wrong for not liking it. That's your opinion. You're allowed to like and dislike whatever you want. I know people who don't like cheese...

Buuuuuuut.

I will say your reasoning is wrong.

I really liked the cheese comment :laugh:

It's a fair shout. I honestly watched season 1 and it just wasn't for me. I thought the storytelling was okay at best. Really cool time period, but the over emphasis on shock moments for the sake of shock moments made it pointless to me. But because I didn't give it a fair shake all the way through, does my opinion really even matter? Nope.

Another unpopular opinion - I can't stand these "end of the world" superhero movies. Avengers does nothing for me. How many times can the world end before I can no longer suspend disbelief. Give me The Dark Knight type superhero movie where a guy is terrorizing a city. That has a sense of belief to it. Or give me a movie like the new Joker origin story. Something dark and all about storytelling.

Oh well. We all have our opinions. Mine are stupid.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Superhero movies are great at what they are. Entertaining popcorn flicks. I'm not going to wait in line to see Endgame or be obsessive about avoiding spoilers but I'll see it eventually.

And presumably like it.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
never. im sure its Lord of the Rings, the third one. Last time i went to see a movie in theaters.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
super heros is like Lucha libre shit. its this guys flying and we dont know who they really are under that mask. always been a fan of crap like that.
it includes The undertakers and the Hulk Hogans. giant characters that are there to beat/be the bad guys.

but i 100% dont follow the shows on tv.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
You know when you’re high, and you just have banger of ideas?

A movie and tv streaming service that allows you to create a “party” of a same stream movie or show, and you can talk to the others while watching the same points of a show or movie because it’s the same stream.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
A kimi in every corner one is on a flip phone, the other is talking cats, the other playing baseball and the other avoiding social media?
Vince has the flip phone.
Linda is the (crazy) cat lady.
Shane is baseball.
Stephanie is avoiding instagram ('cos charity is the real advertising).

Reactions: Disclose

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
it a NO to Cors idea. no talking in a movie please.
you can kinda do that in facebook (invite people to follow what ypure streaming, usually wrestling according to what i follow). but with the chat on... its also distracting.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
it a NO to Cors idea. no talking in a movie please.
you can kinda do that in facebook. but with the chat on... its also distracting.

Not chat. Text is dumb

Also, you don’t need to talk. It’s just the comfort of watching with someone

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
You know when you’re high, and you just have banger of ideas?

A movie and tv streaming service that allows you to create a “party” of a same stream movie or show, and you can talk to the others while watching the same points of a show or movie because it’s the same stream.
They had this for Netflix on Xbox 360 I'm pretty sure. All your avatars would sit in a theatre and watch something I think

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
i see no point then or why is it even an option? just to watch at the same time? (its tv indeed huhuh)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->