HFVan Hockey League 2019/20 (1 Team Available - Apply Inside!)

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
teJwFL4.jpg

Collective Bargaining Agreement
HFVHL Collective Bargaining Agreement

Rosters
Regular
Mobile

Pool Login
Site:
Pick-up Hockey - Free Hockey Pool Manager and Fantasy Hockey Community
Log-in Name: HFVHL 2019-20p
Password: hfvhl

Discord (Chat)
Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

Previous Threads
HFVan Hockey League 2017-18
HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 II
HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 III
HFVan Hockey League 2017-18 IV
HFVan Hockey League 2018-19
HFVan Hockey League 2018-19 II
HFVan Hockey League 2018-19 III
2017 HFVHL Entry Draft
2018 HFVHL Entry Draft
2019 HFVHL Entry Draft
2020 HFVHL Entry Draft

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Important stuff from the previous thread:

1) Signing free agents
Submit your offers to the link below. Signings will not be announced for another week or so to give everyone a chance to make their offers.

HFVHL Free Agent Contract Offers

2) Rule changes for next season
So here are my thoughts with regards to the specifics of the rule changes for next season:

1) Anti-tanking rules that require teams to meet a minimum total GP limit
I'm actually not too sure how to handle this one, but I know that I don't want to be too restrictive with this. Open to lots of different ideas here.

2) Removing contract clauses
All NTCs (including M-NTCs) become modified no-trade clauses with 10 team trade lists for simplicity. The NMC portion of any clauses containing NMCs will remain intact to prevent these players from going on waivers, and for the expansion draft implications.

3) Waiver wire rules
We can use a waiver order originally based off of last year's standings, where successfully claiming a player moves you to the bottom of the priority list. This seems like the simplest implementation. As mentioned earlier, I'm interested to hear if any of you have ideas that would prioritize teams that are lower in the standings.

Please share your thoughts so we can hopefully figure this out ASAP.
2) and 3) seem relatively popular and will likely be implemented in the coming days. 1) needs more discussion, but donut proposed a solid idea that seems to be quite popular. If you have any input regarding the rule changes above, please chime in ASAP.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Important stuff from the previous thread:

1) Signing free agents
Submit your offers to the link below. Signings will not be announced for another week or so to give everyone a chance to make their offers.

HFVHL Free Agent Contract Offers

2) Rule changes for next season

2) and 3) seem relatively popular and will likely be implemented in the coming days. 1) needs more discussion, but donut proposed a solid idea that seems to be quite popular. If you have any input regarding the rule changes above, please chime in ASAP.
All 3 rules will be implemented as follows:

1) Minimum of 900 total GP required per season. Draft pick fine depending on how far away from the limit a team is.
2) All NTCs (including M-NTCs) become modified no-trade clauses with 10 team trade lists (10 teams the player will waive for, not 10 teams they won't waive for) for simplicity. The NMC portion of any clauses containing NMCs will remain intact to prevent these players from going on waivers, and for the expansion draft implications.
3) Waiver order based on last year's standings. Claiming a player moves you to the bottom of the list. The list will reset at the start of every month.

Rule 2) will go into effect immediately. Rules 1) and 3) will go into effect at the start of the season.

---

The first wave of free agent signings will be announced in the coming days. These will primarily be players who have only received one offer and will not require follow-ups.

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

1) Minimum of 900 total GP required per season. Draft pick fine depending on how far away from the limit a team is.
2) All NTCs (including M-NTCs) become modified no-trade clauses with 10 team trade lists (10 teams the player will waive for, not 10 teams they won't waive for) for simplicity. The NMC portion of any clauses containing NMCs will remain intact to prevent these players from going on waivers, and for the expansion draft implications.
3) Waiver order based on last year's standings. Claiming a player moves you to the bottom of the list. The list will reset at the start of every month.

Rule 2) will go into effect immediately. Rules 1) and 3) will go into effect at the start of the season.

---

The first wave of free agent signings will be announced in the coming days. These will primarily be players who have only received one offer and will not require follow-ups.
Just to clarify something for the new NTC rule: When approaching the agents about a player with an NTC, just ask them for the 10 teams the player would waive for. Don't ask them whether the player will waive for a specific team and plead with them to add the team to their list. That is not what the rule change was intended for.

Reactions: FOurteenS inCisOr

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Just to clarify something for the new NTC rule: When approaching the agents about a player with an NTC, just ask them for the 10 teams the player would waive for. Don't ask them whether the player will waive for a specific team and plead with them to add the team to their list. That is not what the rule change was intended for.
Good luck with that.

canucklax

Feb 9, 2018

---

How are the trade lists decided?

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
HFVHL 2019 Draft Report Card Part 4
Dallas Stars - Tryamkin

:stars
Drafted:
12th - Matthew Boldy 18th - Jakob Pelletier 36th - Nathan Legare
41st - Mikko Kokkonen 49th - Oskari Laaksonen 60th - Antti Saarela
88th - Zac Jones 142nd - Marian Studenic 147th - Ben Brinkman

Weyl: Dallas once again used their scouting background to their advantage trading up to select one of my favourite prospects this year in Matthew Boldy. At 18 I personally think he was a heavy reach but Pelletier has the skills and smarts to be great playmaker. In the 2nd round got the goal scorer Legare and the playmaking Saarela. Personally I thought Saarela was going to go sometime in the 3rd. Early in the year Kokkonen was a projected 1st rounder and he has the skills to be there. Missing out on World Juniors definitely hurt his draft stock but 19 points and two years of Liiga experience is hard to find for an 18 year old. Laaksonen was a solid pick, the overager had an excellent year in Liiga. Zac Jones flew under the radar here, it’ll be interesting to see if his offensive production translates to NCAA. Studenic has never been the most productive player, but he shows talent worth being drafted. Overall Dallas had a solid draft, however I feel that they gave up a lot of value to ensure they got the guys they wanted.
Grade: A-

Try: Failed to secure top targets (Holmstrom, Seider, Puistola, TAG). Made bad selections. Slow at posting trades. Picked too many reaches. Have fun getting kicked out of the first round for three more years. lmao
Grade: F

ED: The scouting department in Dallas did their legwork, selecting some great value players with their number of 1st and 2nd rounders. Boldy looks to be a surely good player, and Pelletier could be seen as a key selection at 18th with his intelligence. Laaksonen is a great pick at his position who can help sooner than later, though his ceiling may be more limited than others. The other selections Dallas made in the 2nd round including Legare, Kokkonen and Saarela all have good upside with reasonable shots at achieving them. Dallas is very deep in their prospect pool with no glaring weaknesses (besides maybe goaltending if Oettinger does not pan out). Overall, a good draft for Dallas as always.

Detroit Red Wings - Weylspin

:wings
Drafted:
32nd - Nicholas Robertson 37th - Lassi Thomson 47th - John Beecher
61st - Vladislav Firstov 63rd - Samuel Ersson 65th - Marshall Warren
71st - John Farinacci 85th - Nikita Alexandrov 93rd - Albert Johansson
105th - Layton Ahac 115th - Nikola Pasic 121st - Patrick Moynihan
123rd - Martin Fehervary 131st - Josh Williams 138th - Demetrios Koumontzis

Weyl: No Tag smh
Grade: F-

Try: After trading away the first overall pick and another first, Detroit didn’t make a pick in the first round which is uncanny. Detroit did the usual and picked up a lot of value picks throughout the draft with 15 selections from rounds 2-5. With all of the trades they made to acquire younger NHL ready players, the picks aren’t as pivotal as they were the last two years, but still good. They selected two players in my first round (Robertson and Warren), to which I am very high on. Some other picks with good potential are John Beecher, Albert Johansson, Layton Ahac and Nikola Pasic. Thomson is not my favourite player, but he has potential to be a solid middle pairing defender with some offensive spark. Firstov, Alexandrov, Farinacci, Moynihan and Williams are all good first year selections with decent value, Firstov specifically has some real underrated skill. Samuel Ersson, Martin Fehervary and Demetrios Koumontzis are three overagers who were picked at good spots with good potential.

ED: Detroit elected not to select 1st overall for the second year in a row, trading the pick in the infamous McDavid acquisition that has vaulted them to a potential contender position. With their 1sts gone, Detroit made some trades to acquire picks to get guys they liked. Nicholas Robertson can be a fun player to watch, and has the skillset to excel at the nhl level. Thomson was probably one of the best defenceman still on the board at the time of his pick, with offensive tools that may translate to the professional levels. Beecher was a great pick as well that was probably inspired by top notch scouting from their advisor’s. I think Warren will be a steal of a pick, with the talent to excel in the professional league, though next year will be telling. Their large amounts of pick selections add to their already impressive prospect group. They’ll have to make some tough decisions on who to move with limited contract spots, but when the decisions end up being which potential top 6 forward to let go of because you have so many, I think that’s a good spot to be in
Grade: B+

Edmonton Oilers - Joey Moss

:edmonton
Drafted:
No draft picks

Weyl: The newly competing Oilers went into this draft with no picks and left with no prospects. Personally I think they should have had a few picks to both have ammo for next year’s trade deadline and a backup in case they miss the playoffs however with no 2020 1st it’s understandable why they went all in. While their grade is low grabbing Rantanen and Tavares retained at great value will set them up for a long time.
Grade: D+

Try: I would’ve like to see the Oilers trade for a few picks and try to snag a few gems, but without their first rounder next year, it’s understandable why they chose to shove all the chips in and make a push now for the long term. I still enjoy seeing teams build through a balance of drafting and trading however which wasn’t the case here.

ED: Edmonton completed the heavy lifting to start competing, coming into the draft by gaining players like John Tavares and Mikko Rantanen. While they left without any additional prospects, they took their team in a good direction to make the most of their current roster. Their grade is only reflective on their success in the draft though, otherwise it would be higher
Grade: C-
Florida Panthers - ATypicalCanadian

:panthers
Drafted:
Nobody, entire front office went on vacation

Weyl: Pushing your team to be a contender requires sacrifices. For Florida that sacrifice is having the worst prospect pool in the league. While picks are tough to acquire, having no picks is only going to quickly dwindle the ammo Florida requires to survive every off season.

Try: Still would like for each team to have a draft pick at the least, and Florida exhausted all their picks a few years ago so they’re still paying for that. Now with the prospect pool the worst in the league, they needed a boost and didn’t get one. Also get this man a microwave and take away his son, he clearly isn’t good at looking out for younger people.

ED: Similar to Boston, Florida is a competitive team, going to the Conference finals. Unfortunately for them, they may not repeat their playoff success. If they do though, they should do so quickly, as their window is closing and once it does, with no picks made in this draft, it may cause them to be in for a long drought.
Grade: D

Last edited:

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
HFVHL 2019 Draft Report Card Part 5

Los Angeles Kings - CreativeUsername

:kings
Drafted:
119th - Domenick Fensore 153rd - Connor Dewar

Weyl: Nice and quick only two picks, Fensore was good value at 119th and could rise as Boston University has a great developmental program. Dewar as an overager had a solid season and deserved to be picked in this draft. LA is starting to run out of prospect depth something they may need to address in the future
Grade: C

Try: A big fan of this draft for LA. Only two selections, but with some younger players in the system and lots more picks to come next year these two picks were both very good. Despite the miniscule size, Fensore is one of the best offensive defensemen in the draft. If he can adapt well to the pro scene, he has a chance to do some damage and turn this into a gem selection. Connor Dewar is a double overager who is still young and has played very well this year as he transitions to pro hockey.
Grade: B

ED: LA is another competitive team with few draft picks and few high end prospects. It would have been nice for them to have the picks to restock their prospect depth a bit, but I’m a fan of Fensore. I believe he has a high ceiling, and was a solid pick for LA. Though Dewar was an overager, he was successful in the WHL, which will hopefully translate to the pro level. Still, the lack of picks hurts their depth.

Grade: C
Minnesota Wild - Paneerboy

:wild
Drafted:
2nd - Kaapo Kakko 28th - Nils Hoglander 69th - Harrison Blaisdell
78th - Alex Beaucage 100th - Sasha Mutala

Weyl: Kakko is pretty self explanatory, can’t describe how highly I think of him. Hoglander is a solid addition at 28, he ripped the combine and got plenty of experience in the SHL this year. He could be one of the better wingers to come out of this draft. Blaisdell has loads of skill but it remains to be seen if it’ll translate to the pro level. Beaucage is a great pick at 78 who tore up the QMJHL, however Mutala leaves a lot to be desired and needs to pick up his game next year to become something. Overall Minny had a strong basic draft which could get them a few great players, I think Mutala could have been a better pick but solid nonetheless

Try: Big winner. They get the best player of the draft class who albeit falls into their lap, but then select some very good players later on including Nils Hoglander, a player who has serious top six potential, someone who can contribute on an NHL roster as soon as potentially next year. Blaisdell and Mutala are raw players who can develop into solid role players on their team if they grow right and are good value wise. Beaucage is a power winger who has the skill to play in the top six if he grows right.
Grade: A

ED: Minnesota gets the “consolation prize” in Kappo Kakko, which will be huge for their future. Hoglander was also a good pick with their late 1st, with potential to be a good top 6er. Blaisdell and Beaucage have potential as well to become good players at the NHL level and were good selections later in the draft.Their reluctance to draft defenseman is concerning though, as aside from Cholowski and maybe Fleury, their defensive prospects are fairly lacking. Still, Minnesota will have many more drafts to make up for that, and got a cornerstone for their franchise
Grade: B+

Montreal Canadiens - Canucklehead

:habs
Drafted:
11th - Cam York 31st - Brett Leason 42nd - Brayden Tracey
73rd - Hunter Jones 80th - Artemi Knyazev 81st - Michal Teply
104th - Semyon Chistyakov 118th - Trent Miner 125th - Dmitri Sheshin
135th - Kim Nousianinen

Weyl: York I think went way too early for a fantasy league especially with Boldy still on the board. Leason could be really good and Tracey has been huge this year. Hunter Jones is a really solid goalie and Miner adds some solid depth. Knyazev and Teply were nice picks. With Montreal’s current roster, they need multiple home runs, especially at 11 and I don’t feel like they did that.
Grade: B-

Try: Although Cam York is the type of player that should be taken slightly higher in a point league, he was a little high. His offensive style could translate well to this league. Brett Leason is an overager that could make an impact very soon, however Montreal is very far away from needing immediate help. Brayden Tracey is a player with some decent potential that is a nice pick at 42. With two goalie picks, Jones was a steal at 73 and is one of the best goalies in the draft. Trent Miner is not someone super high up my list, but a decent shot later in the draft. Sheshin, Nousianen and Teply are picks with good offensive potential payout and Knyazev and Chistyakov are good value.
Grade: B

ED: Montreal went off the board early picking York, with better players available and York probably being available if the pick was traded down. I think Leason will carve out a solid career, and Tracey has the potential to reach a top 6 position. Hunter Jones has high potential for a goaltender and could be a steal. As well, I’m a fan of Teply, who’s shot can be lethal. Nousianinen is a good gamble late in the draft. Ultimately, with 2 1sts and a high 2nd, I would have hoped for a bit better of a draft. Though not bad, it could have been a turning point for the franchise, though time will tell.
Grade: B-
Nashville Predators - CanuckSTM

:nashville
Drafted:
No picks this year

Weyl: Something nobody expect was Nashville making a push for contention. While they made some great trades moving all their picks was questionable. Personally I still can’t see them making the playoffs and because of that there is only one grade I can give. If they can overcome Winnipeg, St. Louis and Chicago then I’ll eat my words however too much is being relied upon with the injury prone Matt Murray

Try: No one saw this quick shift coming, but props to the GM for following through and committing. Nashville acquired some good players but if their push backfires then they have nothing to rely upon.

ED: Nashville threw everyone for a loop, trying to go from pretender to contender. Unfortunately, this came at the cost of many potential prospects and picks. If they can turn it around and prove everyone wrong, huge kudos to them. If they don’t though, the dark times in Nashville may become pitch black.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
SIGNINGS

USATSI_9756611_il3p5d3v_lk5hrmsb.jpg

The Boston Bruins have signed D Marc Staal to a 2 year contract worth $2.2 million ($1.1M AAV).

---

cut.jpg

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed G Brian Elliott to a 1 year contract worth $2 million.

---

The Chicago Blackhawks have signed D Carl Gunnarsson to a 1 year contract worth $2 million.

---

jonathan-bernier-d81642482aba7f90.jpg

The Columbus Blue Jackets have signed G Jonathan Bernier to a 1 year contract worth $2 million.

---

Tyler-Myers-1040x572.jpg

The Montreal Canadiens have signed D Tyler Myers to a 4 year contract worth $18 million ($4.5M AAV).

---

The Montreal Canadiens have signed G Alex Stalock to a 1 year contract worth $1 million.

---

The Montreal Canadiens have signed G Chad Johnson to a 1 year contract worth $1 million.

---

bc4e6e8a-a464-4ae0-93ae-50dbbd7d06bb-large16x9_JustinWilliams.jpg

The Nashville Predators have signed F Justin Williams to a 1 year contract worth $2.5 million.

---

The Nashville Predators have signed F Chase De Leo to a 1 year contract worth $750,000.

---

cut.jpg

The New Jersey Devils have signed F Brad Richardson to a 1 year contract worth $1.2 million.

---

derrick-pouliot-skates-with-the-puck-for-the-vancouver-canucks.jpg

The New York Islanders have signed D Derrick Pouliot to a 2 year contract worth $1.8 million ($900K AAV).

---

The New York Islanders have signed D Yegor Yakovlev to a 3 year contract worth $2.475 million ($825K AAV).

---

10451182_web1_web-carpenter-april28-18.jpg

The Ottawa Senators have signed F Ryan Carpenter to a 3 year contract worth $4.5 million ($1.5M AAV).​

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
SIGNINGS

The Edmonton Oilers have signed the following players:
Alex Yelesin - 2 x $0.925M AAV
Cameron Hughes - 2 x $0.7925M AAV
Gaetan Haas - 1 x $0.925M AAV
Joel Teasdale - 3 x $0.753333M AAV
Kasper Bjorqkvist - 3 x $0.792500M AAV

The Los Angeles Kings have signed the following players:
Jan Drozg - 3 x $1M AAV
Matt Brassard - 3 x $1M AAV

The Montreal Canadiens have signed the following players:
Arnaud Durandeau - 3 x $0.900M AAV
Leon Gawanke - 3 x $0.910M AAV

The Pittsburgh Penguins have signed the following players:
Eetu Tuulola - 3 x $1.15M AAV
Jesper Sellgren - 3 x $0.925M AAV
Mikhail Maltsev - 3 x $1M AAV
Nikita Mikhailov - 3 x $0.925M AAV
Otto Leskinen - 2 x $0.925M AAV

The St. Louis Blues have signed the following players:
Jere Innala - 3 x $0.925M AAV
Teemu Kivihalme - 1 x $0.800M AAV

The Tampa Bay Lightning have signed the following players:
Jake Kielly - 2 x $0.800M AAV

Last edited:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
OFFER SHEET
cut.jpg

The St. Louis Blues have signed D Calle Rosen to a 2 year offer sheet worth $2.2 million ($1.1M AAV).

The Arizona Coyotes have 7 days to match or accept the following compensation: No compensation.

Reactions: Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
A few notes with regards to the signings:
  • A number of you have made offers for players that are already property of another team. Please check the roster sheets before offering for a player, especially if the player in question has multiple common spellings for their name (generally the Russian players).

• At least one team has made offers for multiple players despite being near or at the roster limit. You will not be able to sign players if you don't have the roster room for them. If you have made multiple offers for players but would only like to sign one or two of them, please contact the agents and clarify this.

• Players that have multiple teams interested will be making decisions shortly. You will likely be asked to up your initial offer to close the deal.

Reactions: Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
A few notes with regards to the signings:
  • A number of you have made offers for players that are already property of another team. Please check the roster sheets before offering for a player, especially if the player in question has multiple common spellings for their name (generally the Russian players).

• At least one team has made offers for multiple players despite being near or at the roster limit. You will not be able to sign players if you don't have the roster room for them. If you have made multiple offers for players but would only like to sign one or two of them, please contact the agents and clarify this.

• Players that have multiple teams interested will be making decisions shortly. You will likely be asked to up your initial offer to close the deal.
Another thing to note: If you would like to update your offer for a player, just submit another offer through the form. We will ignore any previous offers and only look at your most recent submission for a given player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->