HFVan Hockey League 2019/20 (1 Team Available - Apply Inside!)

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Minnesota

DraftedMarat Khusnutdinov (30), Roby Jarventie (35), Roni Hirvonen (37), Tyler Tullio (68), Pavel Novak (69), Jacob Dion (77), Colby Ambrosio (89), Oliver Suni (91), Victor Mancini (99), Josh Lawrence (125), Rory Kerins (127), Tomas Chlubna (130)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Weyl’s Thoughts: Minny had a ton of picks going into this draft and went for a lot of less scouted players in Euro leagues early on. Marat, Jarventie and Hirvonen while all being longer term projects, all have that top 6 skill and were solid picks in the 30s. I’m a fan of Tullio and Novak, while I don’t expect either to become top 6ers, both I see as having solid careers on the 3rd line. I can see why Minny went with Dion, 51 points in your draft year as a dmen is very attractive for fantasy. Ambrosio, Suni, Mancini and Kerins were all good dart throws but Lawrence was questionable for me. Overall this draft went fairly well, I wouldn’t be surprised if Minny only got one or two top 6 forwards but I would be surprised if many of these picks ended up busting. While Minny won’t get as good of a draft score due to a lack of a top player, they sacrificed that to give themselves a quick transition to competing and did a great job of it.

Grade: B

Try’s Thoughts: Marat has some huge potential, so I like the pick at the tail end of the 1st round. Jarventie and Hirvonen are Finns that I don’t really like all that much or think will go too far in terms of NHL success.Tulio and Novak however are great picks and put up some great OHL production. Oliver Suni is someone I’ve had lots of views on and am a big fan of. Jacob Dion has a big offensive skillset and can boom big for Minny. The late picks are mediocre with Lawrence being my favourite shot out of all of them.

Try’s Grade: B+

JBFA’s Thoughts: Marat at 30 most likely the best pick of the whole draft, I have him as the 9th best player. Jarventie and Hirvonen are great picks in the 30s and Minny kept on rolling with guys like Dion and Suni as well as late round gems like Josh Lawrence. Minny mightve picked up 3 top 6 forwards and a top 4 defenseman in this draft.

Grade: A+

Lax’s Thoughts: Lots of picks and usually used on good gambles based on offensive upside. I see a trend of guys with skill but some major knocks, such as size for guys like Marat, Tullio, Dion and Ambrosio or skating (Novak) or compete level (Jarventie). However with that being said they all have multiple traits that could lead them to NHL and fantasy success.

Grade: B+
Montreal

DraftedJamie Drysdale (6), Yaroslav Askarov (10), Ridley Greig (36), Kasper Simontaival (57), Thimo Nickl (93), Yevgeni Oksentyuk (98), Ruben Rafkin (122)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Weyl’s Thoughts: Montreal had a hell of a draft getting the top D and trading up to get the top G of the draft. Both have 1D and elite goalie potential so it was easy to give them an A. Greig and Simontaival were great forward choices both with top 6 potential. I’m not as huge on Nickl at 93 however, as I feel there were better D choices on the board. Oksentyuk and Rafkin were both great value players in the 4th. Both with great offensive abilities but both coming with their own risks.

Grade: A

Try’s Thoughts: Montreal’s draft was solid here. Drysdale scares me a little but has a good chance of producing at the NHL level. Askarov can haul in big points and went in a good spot. Greig is a great pick who could be a mid 1st rounder IRL.Simontaival went in a good spot here as well. Quick hands and a high potential despite being reckless offensively. Not a big fan of the later picks.

Try’s Grade: A-

JBFA’s Thoughts: Drafting the best defenseman and goalie in the same draft is quite the feat, I’m not crazy about Drysdale but his play style will earn a ton of points, Askarov will be a point machine as well. Greig plays a fluid game but needs some serious bulk without losing any of his skating to become a worthwhile NHLer. Simontaival is a nice pick at 57 and rounding out the draft with some more good picks in Nickl and Oksentyuk.

Grade: A-
Lax’s Thoughts: Getting the best dman and goalie in a draft is a great way to set a foundation for a team moving forward but there are some places to nitpick here. Grieg has some hardcore supporters but I think was a bit of a reach at 36. Simontaival at 57 however was a great pick, someone I think has more offensive upside than Greig 20 picks later. Nickl and Rafkin could certainly make the NHL but I don’t think either will put up many points.

Grade: A-
Nashville

DraftedJake Sanderson (13), John-Jason Peterka (26), Brock Faber (97), Nick Malik (138)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Weyl’s Thoughts: Wow Nashville got some great guys, whoever auto’d them did a great job!

Grade: NA

Try’s Thoughts: BPA team selected some fine picks, Sanderson goes lower than he will IRL!

Try’s Grade: NA

JBFA’s Thoughts: BPA, Sanderson going that high deserves an F.

Grade: N/A

Lax’s Thoughts:. BPA’d so we will see how this class fares in the future.

Grade: NA

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
avalanche-goaltender-pavel-francouz-makes-a-glove-save-1040x572.jpg

The LA Kings have signed Pavel Francouz to a 2 year 6M AAV contract

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
636269515909723939-USP-NHL-CALGARY-FLAMES-AT-ANAHEIM-DUCKS-90026750.JPG

Montreal has signed Cam Fowler to a 4 x 5.6M deal.

ows_157170517586502.jpg

Anaheim signs Brad Hunt to a 2 x 1.6M deal

USATSI_14077424-1024x683.jpg

Los Angeles has signed Marco Scandella to a 1 x 1M deal

ows_31d63bf4-5a9a-4d53-947b-0e8654ef8acb.jpg

Edmonton has signed Miko Koivu to a 1 x 1.5M deal

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
cut.jpg

Tampa Bay has signed Blake Comeau to a 2 x 850K deal

gunnarsson-carl-180310-1180.jpg

Detroit has signed Carl Gunarsson to a 1 x 850K deal

https%3A%2F%2Fpuckprose.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1175971260-850x560.jpeg

Detroit has signed Carter Hutton to a 1 x 925K deal.

Carter-Rowney.jpg

Tampa Bay has signed Carter Rowney to a 1 x 750K deal

bigras.jpg

St Louis has signed Chris Bigras to a a 2 x 800K deal

lg20191206-465816.jpg

Winnipeg has signed Eric Tangradi to a 3 x 800K deal

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
cut.jpg

Tampa Bay signs Frederik Handemark to a 1 x 750K deal

Sharks10.jpg