HFVan Hockey League 2018-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
SIGNINGS: The Winnipeg Jets have signed F Reid Duke, F Tanner MacMaster, and F Mackenzie Entwistle to 3 year ELCs worth $925,000 per season.

Reactions: Dabeast

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
SIGNINGS:
The Winnipeg Jets have signed F Gabriel Fontaine to a 3 year ELC worth $735,667 per season.
The Winnipeg Jets have signed G Adam Werner and F Graham McPhee to 3 year ELCs worth $925,000 per season.

Last edited:

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Rinaldo had already cleared waivers (Friday at 12:27 PM) before your claim. Sorry.
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but
:caps waive Carpenter Thursday 10:33am
:flames claim Carpenter Thursday 12:27pm and announce Rinaldo will be put on waivers if Carpenter claim is successful

*Friday at 10:33am the waiver period for Carpenter has ended and the Flames have claimed Carpenter, at this time, Zac Rinaldo should be placed on waivers*
:hawks claim Rinaldo Friday 8:21pm

By that calculation, Rinaldo should be fair game.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
FYI, Nichushkin is retained @ 50% for the first year, so his cap should only be at 1 Mil for this season, though at the current moment the spreadsheet has him at 2 Mil

Reactions: Intoewsables

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Correct me if I’m wrong here, but
:caps waive Carpenter Thursday 10:33am
:flames claim Carpenter Thursday 12:27pm and announce Rinaldo will be put on waivers if Carpenter claim is successful

*Friday at 10:33am the waiver period for Carpenter has ended and the Flames have claimed Carpenter, at this time, Zac Rinaldo should be placed on waivers*
:hawks claim Rinaldo Friday 8:21pm

By that calculation, Rinaldo should be fair game.
You're correct, thanks. I originally had this right and then I went and confused BN's post with placing Rinaldo on waivers at that time.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
Actually shouldn't Blichfield be a UFA per s. 3.8.1 para 2 of the CBA.
It's my understanding that if a player plays in a European league during their draft year, they're eligible to be drafted in a total of 4 drafts before they can be signed as a UFA. Blichfeld was originally 2016 eligible and was playing in Sweden that year, so he should be eligible until 2019. I don't think that changes because he came to North America after, although I could be wrong? At the very least, there was at least one team that inquired about Blichfeld before CGY so if I'm wrong here, they need to be given a chance to sign Blichfeld as well.

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
It's my understanding that if a player plays in a European league during their draft year, they're eligible to be drafted in a total of 4 drafts before they can be signed as a UFA. Blichfeld was originally 2016 eligible and was playing in Sweden that year, so he should be eligible until 2019. I don't think that changes because he came to North America after, although I could be wrong? At the very least, there was at least one team that inquired about Blichfeld before CGY so if I'm wrong here, they need to be given a chance to sign Blichfeld as well.

According what I quoted, anyone eligible for the main draft was a UFA after . The Euro rule would only apply to 2017 and beyond.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
According what I quoted, anyone eligible for the main draft was a UFA after . The Euro rule would only apply to 2017 and beyond.
Ah, I see what you're saying. That's bad wording on my part then, as that shouldn't apply to players who are still entry draft eligible. This is how we've been operating since day 1 but I should definitely change the wording in the CBA to reflect that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->