small.png
Los Angeles Kings vs. (3)
small.png
Anaheim Ducks
LAK leads 135.5-114.5

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
@Intoewsables when does trading open up again, I forgot and couldn’t find it in the cba
Per reddit

Technically trades can happen now. Players traded are just ineligible for the playoffs. Generally though, trades start to happen more at the draft, then a bunch more when free agency opens up.

Everything I have read about this is true.

As long as the person you were trading with is not in the playoffs, or a player you are trading two is not in the playoffs, you are fine.

For example if I traded Miro to you its okay, Because you are not in the playoffs, No matter that he is.

If you make a trade with another person who is definitely not in the playoffs, there should be zero issues unless this league has some sort of actual rule that I don’t know about

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I allowed trading during the SCF last year because a lot of you were getting antsy and wanted to be able to negotiate before the start of the draft. Since our league starts drafting so soon after the playoffs are done, this makes sense. I will most likely allow the same to happen this year.

The reason I don't allow trading beyond the trade deadline is because I (and likely the trade tracker as well) could use a break from it. Yes, the NHL allows teams to continue trading after the TDL but those players just aren't allowed to play in playoff games. For whatever reason, teams rarely make deals during this time period even though they technically can. If we're trying to be as realistic as possible, it doesn't really make sense to allow teams to be making blockbuster deals during the playoffs anyway.

Go enjoy the playoffs. You'll be able to trade again soon enough.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
I allowed trading during the SCF last year because a lot of you were getting antsy and wanted to be able to negotiate before the start of the draft. Since our league starts drafting so soon after the playoffs are done, this makes sense. I will most likely allow the same to happen this year.

The reason I don't allow trading beyond the trade deadline is because I (and likely the trade tracker as well) could use a break from it. Yes, the NHL allows teams to continue trading after the TDL but those players just aren't allowed to play in playoff games. For whatever reason, teams rarely make deals during this time period even though they technically can. If we're trying to be as realistic as possible, it doesn't really make sense to allow teams to be making blockbuster deals during the playoffs anyway.

Go enjoy the playoffs. You'll be able to trade again soon enough.
This actually might be the first time I have ever disagreed with you.
You are right that blockbuster trades do not happen very often during the playoffs, but trades do happen during the playoffs, and There is no rule in the NHL that states they cannot make blockbuster trade during the playoffs.

Were trying to make this league as realistic as possible, so having an extended trade freeze during the playoffs is probably the least realistic possible solution.

If possible I would like to get a vote for a room change next year to make sure this does not happen again, Trade policies should follow the National Hockey League as closely as possible.

Especially when we have things like no trade clause and no movement clause, where things get really confusing with agents etc.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
You are right that blockbuster trades do not happen very often during the playoffs, but trades do happen during the playoffs, and There is no rule in the NHL that states they cannot make blockbuster trade during the playoffs.

Were trying to make this league as realistic as possible, so having an extended trade freeze during the playoffs is probably the least realistic possible solution.

If possible I would like to get a vote for a room change next year to make sure this does not happen again, Trade policies should follow the National Hockey League as closely as possible.

Especially when we have things like no trade clause and no movement clause, where things get really confusing with agents etc.

I mean, this was what happened last season and everyone seemed okay with it.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

What sort of moves desperately need to be done now rather than a month or two from now? And can you expand on the bolded? I don't really understand what you're getting at there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad