HFVan Hockey League 2018/19 Part II - Draft Looming

Status
Not open for further replies.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:bolts

Trade Deadline Trading Block

On the Block: 2019 BOS 1st, Alex Iafallo, Nicholas Kerdiles, Marco Scandella, Joakim Ryan
Available: Ryan Getzlaf, Nikolai Kovalenko, Brett Pesce, Semyon Varlamov
Willing to Discuss In The Right Deal: Aarne Talvitie, Nick Suzuki, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins

Looking for... (1) playoff-bound forwards and defenders that are under contract past this season, (2) offensive defenders under the age of 30, and (3) draft picks.

Special Notes

Ryan Getzlaf is only willing to waive to a very specific number of teams, must be a top contender.
Nick Suzuki and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins will only be moved if the return includes either a U30 playoff-bound forward that’s under contract past this season or a top blue-chip prospect. I’m not looking to move them but open to ideas.
A number of (depth) players in both the NHL and AHL are available for pick(s).
Ryan, Kerdiles, and Varlamov are players mentioned above who could be moved for pick(s).
At this time, I have no intensions of moving Gaudette, Batherson, or Lundkvist.

PM me here or through discord if you have something in mind. Had a couple deals fall through so I’m just hoping to make some music before the deadline passes.

E D

Winger Super Squad
Feb 13, 2012
Canadia
SIGNINGS

:kings sign Connor Brown to a 2 year deal @ $2.3M AAV
sign Mirco Mueller to a 1 year deal @ $1M AAV
sign Sonny Milano to a 1 year deal @ $1.25M AAV
signs Barclay Goodrow to a 2 year deal @ $1.5M AAV
sign Danton Heinern to a 1 year deal @ $2.5M AAV

:ducks
sign Brendan Lemieux to a 2 year deal @ $1M AAV

:blues sign Samuel Blais to 2 years @ $1M AAV
sign Brock Mcginn to a 3 year deal @ $2M AAV
sign Carter Hutton to a 2 year deal @ $3M AAV
sign John Gibson to a 7 year deal @ $6.4M AAV w/ 20 team No Trade List
sign Lawrence Pilut to a 3 year deal @ $2M AAV

:nucks sign Cayden Primeau to a 3 year ELC @ $1M AAV

Last edited:

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
:wings
Trade Deadline Block
On the block:
Andrew Shaw (back from injury), Conor Sheary, Z. Bogosian, C. Clutterbuck, Leo Komarov

Bogosian (.25ppg pace) and Clutterbuck (.28ppg pace) both are available for low picks. Komarov (.30ppg pace) for a midish pick or b spec. Andrew Shaw (.70ppg pace) price is negotiable because of contract but is in a playoff spot and playing well with Drouin.

Willing to discuss in the right deal:
M. Jankowski, A. Beauvillier, L. Johansen, K. Labanc

Untouchable:
S. Reinhart, O. Kase, R. Dahlin, K. Miller, H. Jokiharju

Anyone else is available in the right deal feel free to pm me here or on discord, I'm fairly quick to reply!

ATypicalCanadian

Apr 30, 2015
Canada
:panthers

Trade Deadline Block

Available: H.Lindholm, Grabner, Goligoski, Ashton-Reese, 2020 picks + prospects.

Shopping For: Top six playoff forward(s), playoff starting goalie( :help: )

Not Available:

All current playoff players are N/A at the moment unless the offer is too good to pass up.

Taylor Hall has received interest, but will not be moved for sub par offers because he's not on a playoff team.:ha:

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto
I have another (probably) contentious topic for us to discuss, but it's something that definitely needs to be ironed out before the trade deadline. A couple of months ago, HankNDank messaged me asking about how goalies are going to be handled come playoff time. When we were changing the goalie rules, I'd only really given it thought in the context of the regular season, not realizing that teams having two starters could be a huge advantage in the playoffs.

Personally, I think the fairest thing is to restrict teams to a maximum of 40 goalie points from wins per round (4 wins). There's still some value in having an extra starting goaltender like this, but at least there won't be a situation where a team gets 80 points from their goaltenders on wins alone.

The other solution I can think of is only allowing teams to dress one goaltender per round, and only being able to swap goaltenders if there's an injury to their starter. I do worry that this will devalue goalies at the trade deadline though, and make it almost useless having a strong goalie duo.

Anyway, definitely want your feedback so we can solve this and get everyone up to speed before the trade deadline passes. Thanks.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I have another (probably) contentious topic for us to discuss, but it's something that definitely needs to be ironed out before the trade deadline. A couple of months ago, HankNDank messaged me asking about how goalies are going to be handled come playoff time. When we were changing the goalie rules, I'd only really given it thought in the context of the regular season, not realizing that teams having two starters could be a huge advantage in the playoffs.

Personally, I think the fairest thing is to restrict teams to a maximum of 40 goalie points from wins per round (4 wins). There's still some value in having an extra starting goaltender like this, but at least there won't be a situation where a team gets 80 points from their goaltenders on wins alone.

The other solution I can think of is only allowing teams to dress one goaltender per round, and only being able to swap goaltenders if there's an injury to their starter. I do worry that this will devalue goalies at the trade deadline though, and make it almost useless having a strong goalie duo.

Anyway, definitely want your feedback so we can solve this and get everyone up to speed before the trade deadline passes. Thanks.

All seems fair to me.

Intoewsables

Jul 30, 2009
Toronto

Also going to add this:
If we do go with the goalie point restriction solution, teams with two starters are still in a better position as the playoffs go deeper. Lots of teams will lose their starters because they've been knocked out IRL, while teams with two starters at least have two cracks at it in that sense.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Great idea

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
I got no issue with the goalie suggestion.

Maybe 45 points? So that whoever has a good backup could get slightly better paid than the one who has only one goalie (and who then wins four games)?

Probably not likely to happen at all, but if it ends up 80 / 40 it feels more fair to me to at least give the 80 team a symbolic win on goalie points.

donut

Sep 5, 2012

I can’t speak for others, but for my team, I have already made trades based on the assumption that goalies did have a cap/limit in the playoffs. It felt like something important enough that no rule about it seemed like a green light for goalies in the post season.

Goalie scoring definitely needs to be address again this coming off-season, including the idea of bringing back the starters list 1-2 years from now (to allow teams a reasonable time to ensure their rosters are compliant with such an impactful rule change). In the meantime, I vote against the idea to cap or limit goalies in the off-season. I’ve made moves under the impression that there was no restriction in place. To add a rule like that mid-season is honestly the same as changing the scoring structure after the 1st year... something that was ruled against cause it was too soon.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Wow Travis Boyd is killing it..

Ottawa waives Brendan Smith and calls up Travis Boyd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->