OT: HFStars Lounge

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Nice! Congrats that's awesome. Local officer or federal?

I'm only 21 right now but I plan on trying to get into law enforcement as well once I finish college cause my dad was a federal agent (Homeland security for the most part) for 30 years and my brother just recently got hired too (he tried for 4 years also).

Ya you’re young at 21, I’m sure you’ll get in. Especially that you got family in the field as well, that always helps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

ItsBennGreat

Get Jamie Benn a Stanley Cup '19 campaign
Jan 29, 2018
Raleigh. NC
I don't want to make a thread about this - yet, but does anyone have a direct email contact to the team front office?
I know of the general email that is used in Instagram, but I'm looking for something more specific perhaps?

A few months ago a friend's son put together letters and gifts for the team and the father want's to insure that they were received - for his son.

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I have divided the D1 schools in Texas into tiers:

Tier I - Power 5
Baylor, TCU, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech

Tier II - Group of 5
Tier II-A - American
Houston, SMU

Tier II-B - C-USA
North Texas, Rice, UTEP, UTSA

Tier II-C - Sun Belt
Texas State

Tier III - FCS
Tier III-A - Southland
Abilene Christian, Houston Baptist, Incarnate Word, Lamar, Sam Houston State, Stephen F. Austin

Tier III-B - SWAC
Prairie View A&M, Texas Southern

Tier IV - Non-Football
Texas A&M–Corpus Christi, Texas-Arlington, UTRGV

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Texas State is probably better than Rice and UTEP. Both of those football teams are absolute garbage.

TeamCanadaGoldChamps

Oct 17, 2015
Ottawa, ON
hey guys. ill be coming down for winter classic but am not sure when to fly in.
the main thing is id like to see that cowboys stadium. i absolutely dont care about watching a game but is the only way to get in stadium if i buy a ticket for the last nfl game on the 29th or on off days can you visit the stadium. i would rather not fly in 3days in advance to save on costs. (bad CAD to USD)
thanks

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
hey guys. ill be coming down for winter classic but am not sure when to fly in.
the main thing is id like to see that cowboys stadium. i absolutely dont care about watching a game but is the only way to get in stadium if i buy a ticket for the last nfl game on the 29th or on off days can you visit the stadium. i would rather not fly in 3days in advance to save on costs. (bad CAD to USD)
thanks

They offer guided tours for ~30 bucks and self-guided tours for ~20 bucks: https://attstadium.com/tours/ There are some other cool things on here too. You shouldn't have to fly in early to go to the game.

Looks like tickets for the time period around the Winter Classic will go on sale on October 15th (this Tuesday).

It's important to note that getting to the stadium is a PITA. It's in Arlington, a ways away from downtown Dallas and the Cotton Bowl, I think around 30-45 minutes. No public transit to/from the stadium (last I checked), so you'll have to drive or Uber/Lyft.

Reactions: Kcb12345

TeamCanadaGoldChamps

Oct 17, 2015
Ottawa, ON
alright cool. thanks for that info.
if i go see game at cotton bowl, jan 2nd mavs game, jan 3rd stars game and go view att stadium, would i be best off staying in dallas and have a hard time go view stadium or would it be cheaper to stay in the suburbs like irving.
i either spend more on taxi from airport to hotel or from hotel to aac

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
Well, a new version of Walker, Texas Ranger - simply titled Walker - is being planned for the CW once work on Supernatural is finished because the new show stars Jared Padalecki.

Honestly I thought they should have just had a sequel to the original series, featuring a grown-up Angela Walker as the lead character. That would have allowed Padalecki to continue collaborating with Jensen Ackles, this time on a new version of the sitcom The Odd Couple for Paramount Studios and aired on Fox (instead of Padalecki on that series, or even my first choice Stephen Amell, I have Amell's Arrow co-star Colin Donnell as Oscar Madison; Ackles would play Felix Unger).

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yep from what i've read some people in Texas are going to get insane bills in the next weeks despite not having power/heat/water reliably. Unlike the Texas political leadership is going to step in. Texas government created this mess in the first place. System is working exactly like it was designed to. State of Texas doesn't require energy companies to prepare for extreme weather so they didn't.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->