OT: HFStars Lounge

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
For anything non-hockey related. Keep it within the rules and anything goes.

No politics, no personal attacks, no malicious trolling, keep things PG-13.

With that, here's a throwback:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
What's everyones favorite game, tv show, movie, etc.

Basically looking for some new stuff to check out :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What's everyones favorite game, tv show, movie, etc.

Basically looking for some new stuff to check out :laugh:

Game: Breath of the Wild
TV Show: several right now (New Girl, Brooklyn 99, Big Mouth, and more)
Movie: Interstellar, Imitation Game, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 (I also really want to see Vice)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Game: Breath of the Wild
TV Show: several right now (New Girl, Brooklyn 99, Big Mouth, and more)
Movie: Interstellar, Imitation Game, Arrival, Blade Runner 2049 (I also really want to see Vice)

NINE-NINE! Absolutely love that show and I'm so glad NBC saved it and that its season 6 premiere did amazing.

I've been debating on watching the Imitation Game and Arrival for months now though...maybe I should finally get around to watching them. As for Breath of the Wild...I don't own a Nintendo Switch and kinda wanna buy one but know I would rarely play it compared to the amount I spend on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X :laugh:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
NINE-NINE! Absolutely love that show and I'm so glad NBC saved it and that its season 6 premiere did amazing.

I've been debating on watching the Imitation Game and Arrival for months now though...maybe I should finally get around to watching them. As for Breath of the Wild...I don't own a Nintendo Switch and kinda wanna buy one but know I would rarely play it compared to the amount I spend on the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X :laugh:

We got a Switch for Christmas and I f***ing love it. It's portable which is actually really cool too. The line-up of games coming out this year is also unbelievable. That said, Nintendo games are a whole different animal than the PS4/Xbox games. I prefer the Nintendo games, but obviously not everyone does.

As for the movies, I'd definitely recommend both of them. Arrival is best if you know nothing about it going in.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We got a Switch for Christmas and I ****ing love it. It's portable which is actually really cool too. The line-up of games coming out this year is also unbelievable. That said, Nintendo games are a whole different animal than the PS4/Xbox games. I prefer the Nintendo games, but obviously not everyone does.

As for the movies, I'd definitely recommend both of them. Arrival is best if you know nothing about it going in.

I know I'd like Breath of the Wild and Super Smash bros. But outside of that I'm just not too sure if I'd spend enough time on it...maybe next Xmas though. I'm also trying to decide if playstation VR is worth it lol.

Also yeah that sounds good cause I really don't know anything about Arrival other than who is in it and the fact that it got good ratings. I'll definitely have to check them out

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Here's a list of what I've been into recently

Music: Beach House, American Football (big fan of 90s/early 00s emo), Frank Ocean, Hey Rosetta

Games: SSBU, Pokemon Lets Go (This game blew my expectations away, I had lots of Pokemon Yellow nostalgia), FIFA/NHL games are always a staple in my rotation.

TV Shows: I don't watch TV shows that often. I've been watching a lot of archived Land & Sea episodes produced by CBC Newfoundland and Labrador that have been put on Youtube. There's 96 of them on Youtube and they're super cool.

Movies: I'm also not a big movie person- they're too long. 90+ minutes is a big time commitment. I saw the new Grinch movie over the Christmas break- mostly driven by the fact it was scored by Tyler the Creator.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
The Flames lost to the Sabres tonight but it was a good game enjoyed by everyone except most of the building left unhappy and a few people yelled profanities at the refs as they left the ice.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The Flames lost to the Sabres tonight but it was a good game enjoyed by everyone except most of the building left unhappy and a few people yelled profanities at the refs as they left the ice.

strike two

no hockej

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I haven't beaten BotW- mostly because it's a big time sink. I have owned the game for a year so maybe I should commit to beating it

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I haven't beaten BotW- mostly because it's a big time sink. I have owned the game for a year so maybe I should commit to beating it

I’m like 20 hours in and only have 25% of the shrines done and almost none of the plot

Also korok seeds are hard to find

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
I’m like 20 hours in and only have 25% of the shrines done and almost none of the plot

Also korok seeds are hard to find

I -just- beat it a week or so ago. After you beat it, the game gives you a percentage meter on your map for the overall completion stats :)

I feel like Thunderblight was a harder fight than full Ganon. Also I'm horrific at dodging.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I -just- beat it a week or so ago. After you beat it, the game gives you a percentage meter on your map for the overall completion stats :)

I feel like Thunderblight was a harder fight than full Ganon. Also I'm horrific at dodging.

Yea, I saw that. I’m at 13.7% :laugh:

The hardest thing about Ganon was that shield he had in his second-to-last stage. The rest was easy, I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->