#8Matej BlümelLWTabor CZEFree Agent28.2%

Happy Voting​

Adler2022-Tiefensee-1983800393.png

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Arcuri needs more love
This I don't get. Stranges had the exact 1.35pt/g his final season in the OHL, just like Arcuri. And Arcuri didn't achieve that till he was traded to a better team. One has vastly superior skating and has already made the leap to the AHL level. Arcuri has not. Arcuri's shot is great. His overall game leaves about as much to desire as Stranges and yet one is getting love and the other is not. Why?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Hull Fan, for what it's worth I have Stranges at #9 and Arcuri at #10 on my personal list. I view them very closely giving a slight edge to Stranges due to being further down the development path. Arcuri has an elite skill that will translate to every level of hockey. Stranges has great puck skills also. I'd hesitate to say Stranges' skating is necessarily a huge mark in his favor as he progresses. He has a situational gimmick and good -- not great -- "everyday" skating. I know people are going to get sick of Robertson being brought up every time we have a prospect with below average skating, but there are similarities to Arcuri. He gets to where he wants to go and the puck tends to go in the net which is a neat trick. We'll see how he does as a pro.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Hull Fan, for what it's worth I have Stranges at #9 and Arcuri at #10 on my personal list. I view them very closely giving a slight edge to Stranges due to being further down the development path. Arcuri has an elite skill that will translate to every level of hockey. Stranges has great puck skills also. I'd hesitate to say Stranges' skating is necessarily a huge mark in his favor as he progresses. He has a situational gimmick and good -- not great -- "everyday" skating. I know people are going to get sick of Robertson being brought up every time we have a prospect with below average skating, but there are similarities to Arcuri. He gets to where he wants to go and the puck tends to go in the net which is a neat trick. We'll see how he does as a pro.
My only complaint about a Arcuri/Robertson comparison is that Robo has a vastly overall better skillset. His vision and passing are significantly better than Arcuri. That's not even a knock on Arcuri, Robo has top ten player in the NHL overall game and Francesco does not.

I don't even have a problem with you going #9 and #10. I don't agree but that's fine, it's just shiny new toy syndrome or something similar that people judge one on a much more difficult scale than the other because Arcuri played a ton more games in the OHL last season than Stranges did in the AHL.

This year will be a direct comparison between them and all the other AHL forwards. We'll be able to see how things go and have a much better picture where guys are overall and what the true pecking order will be as far as the club is concerned. I just don't see how people sleep on his upside cause offensive wingers have an easier bar to clear to get NHL minutes than say defenders, 4th line forwards, and goaltenders. Neither have to be good defensively, they just have to be not horrible and it's a hell of a lot easier to learn positioning and leverage in board battles than it is to learn vision, passing, puck skills, creativity, off the puck movement in the offensive zone.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I don't agree but that's fine, it's just shiny new toy syndrome or something similar that people judge one on a much more difficult scale than the other because Arcuri played a ton more games in the OHL last season than Stranges did in the AHL.
Stranges missed out in his D+1 OHL season but Arcuri outscored him by like a 30% rate in D+2 season.

They both have warts- Arcuri's skating is a weak point right now... and it's tough to visualize Stranges' game translating at the NHL level.

Arcuri's scoring ability puts him a notch ahead in my rankings. When in doubt, find smart players that can put the puck in the net.

Reactions: LT

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
This I don't get. Stranges had the exact 1.35pt/g his final season in the OHL, just like Arcuri. And Arcuri didn't achieve that till he was traded to a better team. One has vastly superior skating and has already made the leap to the AHL level. Arcuri has not. Arcuri's shot is great. His overall game leaves about as much to desire as Stranges and yet one is getting love and the other is not. Why?

I didn't vote for either, but Arcuri did really get trading to a much better team. Kitchener was a complete mess this season with only Pinelli having a season in line with expectations.

Stranges was certainly on the better team for his 19 year old season.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad