Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Vote for who you think the Stars' #7 prospect is.

Prospect Info: - HFStars 2019 Prospect Rankings - General Discussion
RankProspectPositionCountryAcquiredPoll %
#1Jason RobertsonWinger
6.png
2017 Draft (39th)71.4%
#2Ty DellandreaCenter
3.png
2018 Draft (13th)40.9%
#3Thomas HarleyDefender
3.png
6.png
2019 Draft (18th)55.3%
#4Denis GurianovWinger
9.png
2015 Draft (12th)50.9%
#5Jake OettingerGoaltender
6.png
2017 Draft (26th)76.7%
#6Riley DamianiCenter
3.png
2018 Draft (137th)64.0%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank hyperlinks direct to the corresponding voting thread.
Player hyperlinks direct to the prospect's EliteProspects page.
Acquired hyperlinks direct to the prospect's HFBoards Prospects thread (if existing).

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Jacob Peterson should be added and maybe a few other names over guys like Djuse or Kiviranta who aren't exactly really prospects.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I know he's older, but I do like Bayreuther's game a lot. Unfortunately he's probably trending more toward a career like Fedun than Johns, but I liked him when he played in the NHL and I think he could succeed in a 4/5 role very soon. I'm probably the only one here thinking this, though.

Felhaber is a very close second for me here.

I need to actually see Eriksson play before I buy into that hype.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I think Jacob Peterson should be added and maybe a few other names over guys like Djuse or Kiviranta who aren't exactly really prospects.

Thanks - was gonna ask for some recommendations on who to add.

The limits I set were 25 and under with less than 25 GP. Kiviranta, Djuse, and Bayreuther are all cutting that age limit close.

I'm thinking I'll add Back and Peterson in the next set. No one else really stands out to me right now. Douglas, Karlstrom, Gardner, Caamano, Porco, Brinkman, Nyberg, Sjolund, and Stenqvist will all probably be added over the next 6-8ish votes. That would bring us to 28 options total, which should be plenty.

I also could just add everyone eligible, but that will be a pain in the ass to replicate every poll unless I figure out how to copy a poll from one thread to another. :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Felhaber for me. Definitely the guy I'm most interested in watching this season for Texas outside of Robertson. Think he could be a nice surprise for us

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Albin Eriksson AINEC.

Tye Felhaber is firmly behind Adam Mascherin. They are the same age and Mascherin had a solid first pro year. Felhaber needed an overage year in the OHL to put up big numbers. I have no idea how people think he's a better prospect than Mascherin.

Bayreuther is 25 f***ing years old. He is not a top 10 prospect for this organization. I've put a lot of thought into it recently and I would put Cecconi ahead of Bayreuther now. Bayreuther shouldn't even be ranked IMO.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Albin Eriksson AINEC.

Tye Felhaber is firmly behind Adam Mascherin. They are the same age and Mascherin had a solid first pro year. Felhaber needed an overage year in the OHL to put up big numbers. I have no idea how people think he's a better prospect than Mascherin.

Bayreuther is 25 ****ing years old. He is not a top 10 prospect for this organization. I've put a lot of thought into it recently and I would put Cecconi ahead of Bayreuther now. Bayreuther shouldn't even be ranked IMO.

People really need to understand that while Felhaber did have a great year in the OHL last year, Mascherin's 18yo and 19yo years with Kitchener were just as good.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
1) Robertson
2) Dellandrea
3) Harley
4) Gurianov
5) Oettinger
6) Damiani
7) Mascherin

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kiviranta is still young, Djuse I agree.

Bayreuther then i guess. Still the point stands. Jacob Petersen was an integral part of a team that won the SHL title at 19 years old. That has to be worth more than some what some of the older guys did in the AHL. I'd rank Petersen over Kiviranta too by the way . 3 years older . I just don't see much upside in Kiviranta and thats also fine.

Also wooho the board is back.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Bayreuther then i guess. Still the point stands. Jacob Petersen was an integral part of a team that won the SHL title at 19 years old. That has to be worth more than some what some of the older guys did in the AHL. I'd rank Petersen over Kiviranta too by the way . 3 years older . I just don't see much upside in Kiviranta and thats also fine.

Also wooho the board is back.

I feel yea, Kiviranta is a low ceiling, high floor type guy. Noting exciting about the player but high percentage chance he gets some NHL action.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I voted T-fel but upon reflection, I don't know why.

Probably recency bias and the fact Albin might as well be playing on another planet as it's hard to get a look at him. Plus to me, alot of young players' offensive numbers in the Swedish leagues always look so darn horrible so trying to judge by stat watching isn't a good idea either.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Albin put up good numbers in his league for his age. Add in his size and physical play he’s a slam dunk to become an NHLer in some capacity. Mascherin might have higher end offensive skill, but he won’t make it unless he’s a top six player which means he needs to be better than one of Jamie Benn or Jason Robertson which I don’t see happening.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Oskar Bäck is next for me after Albin Eriksson.

Have less exposure to him than Eriksson even but Sweden always invites him to national teams.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I know he's older, but I do like Bayreuther's game a lot. Unfortunately he's probably trending more toward a career like Fedun than Johns, but I liked him when he played in the NHL and I think he could succeed in a 4/5 role very soon. I'm probably the only one here thinking this, though.

Felhaber is a very close second for me here.

I need to actually see Eriksson play before I buy into that hype.
I think bayreuther still has a legitimate chance of being a full time top 6 dman . He was our best call up out of the defense last year . He’s getting a bit old to call a prospect but he’s only got 2 years pro experience .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Didn't vote. Don't care as I doubt any more than the top 5 make the big club anyway. We can always hope for a Dark Horse surprise.

This could be a very binary poll - which prospects do we think will ever play in the NHL, and what is the over/under on the number of games they play, and perhaps some bigger measure (PPG?, GAA? Advanced stats of some other metric)

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Bayreuther isn't even on my radar. The Emil Djuse signing is a pretty good indicator of Bayreuther never making the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->