Who is the Stars' #6 prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Vote for who you think the Stars' #6 prospect is.

Prospect Info: - HFStars 2019 Prospect Rankings - General Discussion
RankProspectPositionCountryAcquiredPoll %
#1Jason RobertsonWinger
6.png
2017 Draft (39th)71.4%
#2Ty DellandreaCenter
3.png
2018 Draft (13th)40.9%
#3Thomas HarleyDefender
3.png
6.png
2019 Draft (18th)55.3%
#4Denis GurianovWinger
9.png
2015 Draft (12th)50.9%
#5Jake OettingerGoaltender
6.png
2017 Draft (26th)76.7%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Rank hyperlinks direct to the corresponding voting thread.
Player hyperlinks direct to the prospect's EliteProspects page.
Acquired hyperlinks direct to the prospect's HFBoards Prospects thread (if existing).

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Didn't Nill say Kiviranta is most likely NHL ready for the roster this year?

Granted, perhaps only for 4th line checking duty, since I don't know much about him. Thus, bringing up the debate about "most likely to play in NHL soon (or at all) vs. "upside" in prospect conversations.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Didn't Nill say Kiviranta is most likely NHL ready for the roster this year?

Granted, perhaps only for 4th line checking duty, since I don't know much about him. Thus, bringing up the debate about "most likely to play in NHL soon (or at all) vs. "upside" in prospect conversations.

Believe it was said that both Kiviranta and Djuse are closer to making the NHL team than not.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I would think Kiviranta has a decent shot to make the team out of camp with Ritchie , Spezza , Pitlick and Nichuskin gone ( and Hanzal not ever coming back ) and only Perry signed that could end up on the lower lines. Djuse i can't see making the team with how many defenseman are signed . He'll be called up at some point but thats about it.

There's some openings at forward positions with how well the dissapointing 4th liners got cleared out in the offseason.

Last edited:

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Next vote is the toughest for me, not sure who leads the next pack of guys.

Gleason and Masch had good seasons in the AHL.

Felhaber had a good overage year.. but staying an extra year in juniors is bad.

Bayruther looked good in the NHL but is OLD.

Eriksson might have the highest potential, but just an OK season and no flashes of really showing amazing stuff.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Next vote is the toughest for me, not sure who leads the next pack of guys.

Gleason and Masch had good seasons in the AHL.

Felhaber had a good overage year.. but staying an extra year in juniors is bad.

Bayruther looked good in the NHL but is OLD.

Eriksson might have the highest potential, but just an OK season and no flashes of really showing amazing stuff.

Yup- Ben Gleason and Adam Mascherin had great first pro seasons. Very happy with their development.

Felhaber is behind Mascherin for me. He's a good prospect but I need to be convinced he isn't Matt Fraser 2.0.

Albin Eriksson will be a force. I'm super high on him and while he didn't blow anyone away this year, I think he will be a regular in the lineup by the time he is 21/22.

Bayreuther is 4 years older than Gleason (1 year older than Dillon Heatherington!!!). I don't think he tops out at any more than a rotational bottom pairing guy in the NHL for a couple seasons. Nothing special.

Reactions: joshik

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Yup- Ben Gleason and Adam Mascherin had great first pro seasons. Very happy with their development.

Felhaber is behind Mascherin for me. He's a good prospect but I need to be convinced he isn't Matt Fraser 2.0.

Albin Eriksson will be a force. I'm super high on him and while he didn't blow anyone away this year, I think he will be a regular in the lineup by the time he is 21/22.

Bayreuther is 4 years older than Gleason (1 year older than Dillon Heatherington!!!). I don't think he tops out at any more than a rotational bottom pairing guy in the NHL for a couple seasons. Nothing special.

Agreed. Like I said in one of the other threads, I feel Felhaber is going to be massively overrated because he is new in the pool.

Just picture if we drafted Felhaber a few years ago in the 5th, 6th, 7th round and then he stayed in junior an extra year what the sentiment about him would be. (BUST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->