Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Went with Oettinger again, but very close between him and Harley.

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
I’m the one who chose Felhaber last round; I really think he could be playing as well as putting up points for the Stars in the near future.

Dellandrea was right there and my 3rd pick but since he’s not up anymore Harley is next for me.

1) Robertson
2) Felhaber/Dellandrea
3) Harley

Last edited:

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Gotta go Otter. Supposedly has the pedigree, even though goalies can be all over the map. Harley or Guri for 4th spot.

Some confusion as to what we are ranking, but I'm going with the idea that Otter will be a starting goalie, while Harley would probably be a second pair D on ceiling. Even Guri is potentially a top line wing, although he will be that or a bust, knocking him down a bit if you value some assuredness in a game where there is none.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Highest ceilings
Gurianov
Robertson
Harley

Highest floors
Dellandrea
Caamano
Cecconi

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
floor is like the biggest bust?

Wouldn’t say so. Floor is like, the minimum to what they’ll probably achieve barring an injury or something weird. So when someone has a high floor, it means they probably will make it to an nhl level. For example a high floor, low ceiling player is a guy that probably makes the league, but isn’t gonna wow you with elite production (Rhett Gardner is a good example from us). A high ceiling, low floor is a “boom or bust” prospect who’s either gonna be a stud, or not make it at all (Albin Eriksson). High ceiling, high floor would be a blue chip prospect (Miro).

HF used to have a pretty user friendly prospect ranking system using this philosophy before the parent site shut down.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
I’m not sure what’s confusing about these rankings. They’re very subjective, so it’s all up to each of you. If you want to rank them solely on potential, do that. Or floor, or likelihood to reach potential, anything you like.

Personally I try to balance everything, but that’s just my take.

I also usually do a 1-on-1 comparison to see who I’d rather have. Start with two, add a third, and proceed until you get a full list.

Just some options. A lot of the fun of this is the different methods and ideas.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I’m not sure what’s confusing about these rankings. They’re very subjective, so it’s all up to each of you. If you want to rank them solely on potential, do that. Or floor, or likelihood to reach potential, anything you like.

Personally I try to balance everything, but that’s just my take.

I also usually do a 1-on-1 comparison to see who I’d rather have. Start with two, add a third, and proceed until you get a full list.

Just some options. A lot of the fun of this is the different methods and ideas.

Yeah the next few picks are all going to be heavily debated on but for good reasons.

I think Oskar Bäck and Albin Eriksson are good prospects but too small of a sample size to compare them to our OHL prospects.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
I havent really been following him, but does Joe Cecconi have a chance to be a bottom pairing NHL defensemen?
I would say he has a very good chance . He’s a smart , calm , two way dman . Plays a responsible game but can provide some offense . The fact that he’s a right shot gives him an even better chance .

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
what difference is between the ceiling and floor?
Ceiling is the best a player could become and floor is the worst a player could become . For instance , a shooter like guryanov will either make the nhl and score a ton of goals or he’s pretty much useless and won’t play in the nhl . Someone like Dellandrea , who has a better defensive game and is more physical could be an effective player without being a goal scorer and has a better chance of being a bottom 9 player .

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
He’s probably got the best shot of anyone in the org not named Harley.

I would say he has a very good chance . He’s a smart , calm , two way dman . Plays a responsible game but can provide some offense . The fact that he’s a right shot gives him an even better chance .

Is there a timeline for this? Does he have a shot this year or does he need a few years in Texas?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is there a timeline for this? Does he have a shot this year or does he need a few years in Texas?

I don’t know much about him, but I think there’s too much of a logjam as is for him to earn a bottom pairing spot.

I could see him having a similar path as Johns, just hopefully without the concussions.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
I need to see Cecconi in the AHL this season, but I think he will struggle with the speed of the pro-game. Dillon Heatherington 2.0 potentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->