Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This one is a lot harder for me. I have four serious considerations in Dellandrea, Gurianov, Harley, and Oettinger.

Went Oettinger as I think his potential is the highest, but he's also the least likely to get there. His AHL play at the end of last season was very impressive, though.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Also, I'll make a nicer table once I have some down time. Traveling a lot right now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Voted Harley but I value him and Dellandrea about the same..Dellandrea imo is the safer bet to become a NHL player but Harley has the higher potential.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Going with Harley because to me he has the highest ceiling and a good chance at hitting it.

Canterano

Jun 30, 2018
Finland
Yeah Robertson was a no-brainer but this is tougher. I picked Oettinger beacause he seems to be progressing well and has the potential to be our starter for years to come.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Little tougher choice between Damiani and Hartley but went with Damiani.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Decision was between Harley and Dellandrea for me. Went with Tye. Harley has a higher ceiling but Tye has a higher floor, he’s obviously much closer to playing in the bigs and he seems like pretty much a guarantee to be a full time NHLer.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Didn’t say he doesn’t have offense. Said his ceiling wasn’t as high. If we just base rankings purely on everyone’s offensive ceiling this would voting would be kinda boring.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
everybody talking how Ty doesn't have any offense and he is before Harley and ****in DENIS
Yeah the first one is a little mind boggling the 2nd one though is spot on accurate.
Gurianov should absolutely be below Dellandrea, along with several other prospects for that matter

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
The more I think about it, the more I feel "potential-wise" it's tough between Dellandrea and Harley.

What's Dellandrea's true "max" potential? Our own Dylan Larkin type player or similar/close to that? (Larkin is only 22 though so we don't exactly know what his ceiling is either, but I'd happily take current Larkin as Dellandrea's ceiling :))

And Harley's "max" potential is likely somewhere between Klingberg and Ristolainen?

Just best case scenario, what can we get out of these guys at their best, realistically?

And worst case scenario, I still think Dellandrea is a NHL player....so I'm gonna change my vote to him...I'm just really curious to see what he could do in a big role on a good team

Last edited:

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
The more I think about it, the more I feel "potential-wise" it's tough between Dellandrea and Harley.

What's Dellandrea's true "max" potential? Our own Dylan Larkin type player or similar/close to that? (Larkin is only 22 though so we don't exactly know what his ceiling is either, but I'd happily take current Larkin as Dellandrea's ceiling :))

And Harley's "max" potential is likely somewhere between Klingberg and Ristolainen?

Just best case scenario, what can we get out of these guys at their best, realistically?

And worst case scenario, I still think Dellandrea is a NHL player....so I'm gonna change my vote to him...I'm just really curious to see what he could do in a big role on a good team
Somewhere between Radek Faksa and a very poor mans Ryan Kesler, on the closer end to Faksa than Kesler
And come on now don't be silly if anyone though his potential was that high, he'd a gone top 5, He's Jake Gardiner 2.0

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
When I hear other scouts talk/praise about the Stars last 2 reaches, it sounds a bit hollow to me, like "whew, glad we didn't make that pick."

Time will tell if Stars finally hit on one of their contrarian picks.

Zapp

Jannies lol
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Pretty funny that unproven juniors players are getting picked over a guy who just scored 48 points in 57 games in the AHL.

Also LOL if you think anyone but Guryanov has the highest ceiling of this group.

Reactions: joshik and Bfantz

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
The only thing funny about that was Gurianov putting up 5 points in the KHL after getting drafted by the Stars.

#HighOctaneOffense

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Also, if you value AHL points so much you should probably have Adam Mascherin over Denis Guryanov. Maybe even Ben Gleason.

Reactions: Satan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad