NHL Entry Draft HFSens 2018 NHL Mock Draft

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
With the 11th pick the Islanders are pleased to select from Brynas, Defenseman Adam Boqvist.

Adam-Boqvist.jpg

We feel Adam has the potential to be one of the premier offensive defensemen in the league. He has all the tools to create offense from anywhere on the ice and should complement our current roster very well.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
With the 12th pick the Islanders select from US National Team, Joel Farabee

Farabee1-690x465.jpg

Joel is a smart 2-way player who not only has a high compete level but can create some offense. He's committed to Boston University next season where he should be an impact player at a very good program.

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
With the 14th overall pick, the Philadelphia Flyers are happy to select from the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Barrett Hayton.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
with the 17th overall pick the New Jersey Devils are proud to select.

Rasmus Sandin

Rasmus addresses an organizational need for us , We slot him in as a #3D that will help us on both ends of the ice.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
The Columbus Blue Jackets are happy to select from Traktor Chelyabinsk, Vitali Kravtsov.

With such a late pick we're elated to bring in one of the most talented players in the draft to bring in more scoring off the wing. The totally deserving KHL rookie of the year has every took you could imagine in his toolbox along with size and speed.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The Columbus Blue Jackets are happy to select from Traktor Chelyabinsk, Vitali Kravtsov.

With such a late pick we're elated to bring in one of the most talented players in the draft to bring in more scoring off the wing. The totally deserving KHL rookie of the year has every took you could imagine in his toolbox along with size and speed.
did you pm @18Hossa ?

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
The Philadelphia Flyers are proud to select Martin Kaut.

Sorry for the delay, I fell asleep :laugh:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
With the 22nd pick of the 2018 NHL Draft the Ottawa Senators are pleased to select from Kärpät in Liiga Rasmus Kupari.
Rasmus-Kupari.jpg

Kupari is a slick Center playing in the Finnish Elite League with men already. Kupari is a really shifty slick C with really good hands and a very good shot. He measured 6'1.5 188.7. He should be expected to play at least one more year in Finland , and will have a much bigger role next year. Skating is Kupari’s greatest asset and he uses it well. Kupari is most dangerous with the puck on his stick. He is a tremendous stick handler and can beat defensemen one-on-one.

"Kupari’s strength is on offence, and it is a game he really excels at. Sometimes it is like watching a video game with the cheat codes activated. He possesses some wicked hands and a sharp shot that he can use from all over the offensive zone. Adding to that is his elite skating, highlighted by his great acceleration, which makes him excellent in the transition game." NHL Comparables Matt Duchene, Sebastian Aho

@Gil Scott Perron pm'ed

Last edited:
Reactions: DJB and DrEasy

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
I can totally see Dorion trying to persuade Mann to select a player who has already been drafted.

Excellent impression, SoA.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I can totally see Dorion trying to persuade Mann to select a player who has already been drafted.

Excellent impression, SoA.
haha would have been worse if I actually picked him. I missed his name up there ... I will just delete that first line and no one will know what we are talking about

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
With the 23rd pick in the first round, the Anaheim Ducks are thrilled to select, from Skelleftea of the SEL, RW Jonatan Berggren.

Jonatan-Berggren.jpg

A small, shifty player, Berggren put up pre-draft numbers in SuperElite that are comparable to Lias Andersson, Jesper Boqvist, Lars Eller, William Karlsson, Anze Kopitar and, most impressively of all, Jonathan Dahlen. While Berggren might not have the raw upside of Anze Kopitar, he plays the game in a way that we feel will translate extremely well to the NHL level. Berggren has high-end vision and hockey IQ, good hands, creativity, and playmaking, and his motor and ability to swoop in on opposing defenders and cause havoc when the puck is in deep are truly elite.

We believe that Berggren could project similarly to a larger Brendan Gallagher and we are thrilled to get a player like him at this point in the draft.

We would love to PM the Wild GM but it seems as though that position is vacant.

@RedWhiteBrown?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Nice pick. Was hoping he'd fall to 23!
I like Berggren as well, great motor, hard worker, and quick.. BPA and all that stuff, but if the Sens take a D early (some good high end D options), there are a few very good forwards that could be there at 22.. If they go Forward then D ... the later D choices are not as attractive imo.. nothing says they can't pick 2 D or 2 F of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->